Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
What’s the update on Kendy Charles?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I see one guy making what is obviously just a prosperity gospel joke applies to a football game. That's all
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 10:22 pm What’s the update on Kendy Charles?
When I heard the announcement that he was injured, they said he was done for the year.
By rtb72
flamehunter wrote: November 14th, 2023, 9:18 am
aredd33 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 10:22 pm What’s the update on Kendy Charles?
When I heard the announcement that he was injured, they said he was done for the year.
Hate this for him. He had injuries at the beginning of the year, too. Does he have any eligibility left?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
He's never red-shirted according to his football page bio. So, I would guess he has a COVID year available maybe?
By Steve1981
AATL, we will eventually win another game, but fear not this week. Good luck and may every come away without injuries. Do most of my posting in the cnnsbbs board and did post game notes etc.
By AATL
Steve1981 wrote:AATL, we will eventually win another game, but fear not this week. Good luck and may every come away without injuries. Do most of my posting in the cnnsbbs board and did post game notes etc.
I was excited to see Dr. Blitz return to UMASS. It seems like he has your program heading in a good direction, especially if that QB can stay healthy. Perhaps we'll see you in CUSA soon! Enjoy the game, hope everyone makes it out healthy.
Steve1981 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Temperatures in the 60s in mid-November on Saturday. Should be great weather for tailgating and football. :oldhag :fbplayer
By tyndal23
I would bet the under and UMASS to cover. And I think half time, LU is really nervous. Great RB and too good of a coach and recruiting past 2 years (talent level is way closer than expected ). - UMASS rested, fired up, coming off a bye. LU whining about respect, running out seeing students sections 1/3 full - hate the set up. Hope I am wrong.
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: November 18th, 2023, 12:45 am I would bet the under and UMASS to cover. And I think half time, LU is really nervous. Great RB and too good of a coach and recruiting past 2 years (talent level is way closer than expected ). - UMASS rested, fired up, coming off a bye. LU whining about respect, running out seeing students sections 1/3 full - hate the set up. Hope I am wrong.
I don't get the comment about the student section, it always looks pretty full on tv with it thinning out toward the end zones late in games during blowouts. Maybe it looks different in person. Regardless I think we win by 3+ scores, I really don't care if we cover I just want a comfortable win and to avoid more injuries.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:14 am I don't get the comment about the student section
Students are HOME for Thanksgiving break. The last ones left today.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
Cider Jim wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:19 am
Ill flame wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:14 am I don't get the comment about the student section
Students are HOME for Thanksgiving break. The last ones left today.
If I were a student with an extra weekend with family and old HS crew - I ain’t hanging around for UMASS - or anyone on this years schedule. We shall see.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I think a 28 point spread is about right. Obviously it still could be competitive. They’ve been blown out only by very talented P5 teams (Auburn and Penn State).

I haven’t watched UMass all year but they seem to rely on the run, which is probably a better matchup for our defense. It’s hard for me to see a scenario where we don’t score a bunch outside of Salter getting hurt.

The defense is the difference in it being close vs a runaway. I think it’ll be a runaway. Flames big.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Offense was good today, defense not so good. Gave up too many passing yards. Not enough pressure on a gimpy QB wearing a brace on right leg.
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: November 18th, 2023, 5:23 pm Offense was good today, defense not so good. Gave up too many passing yards. Not enough pressure on a gimpy QB wearing a brace on right leg.
We had 2 interceptions and only gave up about 170 passing yards when we brought in the backups at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I thought the defense played very well.
thesportscritic liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The defense was fine until the 4th. I'm just proud we didn't have an old school "typical liberty" performance. I keel waiting for it to happen....
By Tnobes
We needed more style points to move up, the garbage time points by UMass doesn't help but I guess just keep winning and things will fall where they may
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 18th, 2023, 6:53 pm We needed more style points to move up, the garbage time points by UMass doesn't help but I guess just keep winning and things will fall where they may
I think we will be ok. A lot of teams will be losing in front of us.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I think the announced attendance was 15,000 or 16,000. Not horrible, considering most of the LU students were GONE.

Good WIN for LU, 49-25 (coupled with a JMU loss in OT).
By Ill flame
Announced crowd was 18,860. Considering this was the worst Saturday crowd of the season and as recently as 2018 we averaged less than that, I would consider it a decent number with the lack of students. While we're on the topic of attendance. This has been the most attended season in LU history, obviously assisted by having 7 home games. Honestly I've been mildly impressed by the attendance this season considering the pathetic schedule and mid week games. The fanbase and excitement around the program has really grown in such a short time.
Cider Jim liked this
By AATL
If you had told me before the first snap that the offense would leave 17 free points on the field via a missed field goal, a fumble across the pylon, and a drop in the endzone on fourth down, I'd have been worried. And yet!

I hope Salter and the RB room are putting together some hefty Christmas presents for the offensive line; they've been absolutely mauling as the season goes on. Remember when it seemed like Malik was fleeing for his life on every snap? My, how times have changed at the line of scrimmage.

It was cool to see Trey Lowe get some reps at the end. Stepping back from details, I've just really enjoyed watching this offense and team. It's a fun brand of football on the field, the sideline vibes still seem immaculate, and it's great to see the team avoid letdowns and start afire in games where they're heavily favored. 11-0!

Also, what a football play by Hodge jumping that route on the house call. He's been an awesome surprise this year.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]