Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

It feels weird to know that New Mexico State will be playing in Lynchburg December 1st already.

New Mexico State was down 14-0 against WKU and came back to win today clinching their spot in the conference. I’m glad they won as they have a better record than WKU, which makes the game feel more fun. Interesting that the top 3 teams in C-USA are all newcomers.

What say you guys? Do you like the matchup compared to WKU?
Kricket wrote: November 11th, 2023, 9:04 pm It feels weird to know that New Mexico State will be playing in Lynchburg December 1st already.

New Mexico State was down 14-0 against WKU and came back to win today clinching their spot in the conference. I’m glad they won as they have a better record than WKU, which makes the game feel more fun. Interesting that the top 3 teams in C-USA are all newcomers.

Rat Poison - UMASS beat em and are due up next...
ballcoach15 liked this
tyndal23 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 11:20 pm
Kricket wrote: November 11th, 2023, 9:04 pm It feels weird to know that New Mexico State will be playing in Lynchburg December 1st already.

Rat Poison - UMASS beat em and are due up next...
Meh, I’m a fan, not a player or coach. What I think doesn’t impact the games.

We talk about bowl projections, recruits, etc even though those aren’t our next game… because we’re fans.

Funny to think me posting on this board could impact us beating UMass. If there was science behind that I would go to Tulanes board and start posting about SMU or whoever. :lol:
Liberty22, Ill flame, Baybird and 1 others liked this
The Auburn boards are destroying Hugh Freeze. I wonder if he thinks maybe he made a mistake leaving the Liberty atmosphere? He had an awesome gig here, and it looks like we landed on our feet with Chadwell…..God forbid he leaves us….. hopefully this will open his eyes and deter any temptation to leave.
Touchdownmaker wrote: November 18th, 2023, 9:12 pm The Auburn boards are destroying Hugh Freeze. I wonder if he thinks maybe he made a mistake leaving the Liberty atmosphere? He had an awesome gig here, and it looks like we landed on our feet with Chadwell…..God forbid he leaves us….. hopefully this will open his eyes and deter any temptation to leave.
Maybe HF was thinking about Texas a&m😂
Touchdownmaker wrote: November 18th, 2023, 9:12 pm The Auburn boards are destroying Hugh Freeze. I wonder if he thinks maybe he made a mistake leaving the Liberty atmosphere? He had an awesome gig here, and it looks like we landed on our feet with Chadwell…..God forbid he leaves us….. hopefully this will open his eyes and deter any temptation to leave.

HF has said he regrets leaving, that it was a mistake.
socal_flame liked this
JK37 wrote: November 18th, 2023, 10:05 pm

He occasionally praises liberty but I've never seen him say he regrets leaving and even if he's thinking it I would be very surprised if he actually said it to the media.
Freeze absolutely used us to get what he wanted…..back in the SEC. But, he left us in much better shape than he found us. I’d say Win/Win. However, if he gets canned at Auburn (and he eventually will)……he may often wonder if it was worth it to leave a place that would have treated him and his family to an amazing quality of life.
LUOrange liked this
Ill flame wrote: November 18th, 2023, 10:57 pm
JK37 wrote: November 18th, 2023, 10:05 pm

He occasionally praises liberty but I've never seen him say he regrets leaving and even if he's thinking it I would be very surprised if he actually said it to the media.
We are both right. :wink:
I will always be thankful for what Freeze did to boost LU into the FBS ranks and led us to some huge wins. It cannot be overstated. At the some time, I'm very thankful we have Chadwell at the helm now. He seems a better fit IMO. He really hasn't done more so much as we don't have any marquee wins yet but just really appreciate his positive demeanor and buy-in to the university. I'm not up at the school a lot but have already run into him three different times at other events, two non-football and one football event (to honor 50 years of football @ LU). Maybe just me but I don't ever recall seeing Freeze on campus at any non-football events during his tenure.

And those marquee wins for Chadwell will come.
flameshaw, Cider Jim, Baybird and 2 others liked this
TH Spangler wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:58 am
A Sea of Red wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:48 am Freeze hasn't been shy about missing LU and the Mountain. He won't go on record saying it to the media, but he has said it to many, many people over the past 11 months.
If Chadwell loses an asst maybe he'll consider Freeze. :lol:

LU’s defense has room to improve. I’m not sure I like Freeze as a D Coordinator :D
But given Auburn and the SEC track record of coaching tenure….he might be available in 3-4 years
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]