Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
Kricket wrote: November 11th, 2023, 4:18 pm Tulane looks like they’ll eek out a two point win against Tulsa.
They were completely out played by Tulsa. How many 1 score wins against bad teams is it gonna take for the committee to rank us ahead of them? Our resume is better.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 11th, 2023, 4:31 pm
Kricket wrote: November 11th, 2023, 4:18 pm Tulane looks like they’ll eek out a two point win against Tulsa.
They were completely out played by Tulsa. How many 1 score wins against bad teams is it gonna take for the committee to rank us ahead of them? Our resume is better.
We absolutely should be ahead of them. We likely won’t be. I think we have to overcome a few slots in the ranking of Liberty distaste by the committee.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I know a LU fan who couldn't understand how we we were favored by 13 points. He thought line should have been much less.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 11th, 2023, 5:06 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 4:34 pm That was our worst possession of the season, maybe worst in Liberty history.
:lol: What?
A dropped pass, and 2 bad passes, then a punt
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Unpopular opinion-

Todays game was concerning. The win and score was great. I thought this was going to be a lot closer
However, ODU’s QB was horrendous. He was about as accurate as a sundial in a foot race. If the D plays like this against a QB who is accurate LU could lose. Why? The offense did next to nothing in the second half. That could be because they streamlined the playbook but it is concerning
LU defense is a very very big concern
aredd33, Dalegarz1 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Offense left a lot of points on the field in 2nd half. I'm hoping it's because we were playing a lot of backups.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: November 11th, 2023, 7:21 pm Okay, but Kaidon Salter is a bad, bad dude.

I am stunned at how much he has improved over last season! He made throws this year he wasn’t capable of making last year. His decision making is light years ahead of last year. Amazing what can happen when you’re not always looking over your shoulder and you put in the work.,
Baybird, AATL, JK37 and 1 others liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 5:22 pm
TH Spangler wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:05 pm This one worries me. ODU is playing good football.
Thoughts?
Not sure what to think. I have no idea how that bunch stayed in games with App, Coastal and JMU. QB was weakest we've seen all year.

Our strength is our OL. Game ball goes to them every week.

Glad to get the win.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 11th, 2023, 8:21 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 5:22 pm
TH Spangler wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:05 pm This one worries me. ODU is playing good football.
Thoughts?
Not sure what to think. I have no idea how that bunch stayed in games with App, Coastal and JMU. QB was weakest we've seen all year.

Our strength is our OL. Game ball goes to them every week.

Glad to get the win.
Their QB did have a lot of really bad throws. Not sure how they’ve faired so well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Did anyone see any ODU fans at the game ? I didn't see any. I thought they'd bring at least a couple hundred.
By Baybird
ballcoach15 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 10:42 pm Did anyone see any ODU fans at the game ? I didn't see any. I thought they'd bring at least a couple hundred.
Several, about ten, near us on the Baptist side and there were a bunch in the visitor's section.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: November 11th, 2023, 6:28 pm Unpopular opinion-

Todays game was concerning. The win and score was great. I thought this was going to be a lot closer
However, ODU’s QB was horrendous. He was about as accurate as a sundial in a foot race. If the D plays like this against a QB who is accurate LU could lose. Why? The offense did next to nothing in the second half. That could be because they streamlined the playbook but it is concerning
Agreed !!! UMASS can beat us, UTEP can beat us and NMSU can definitely beat us. Stay focused, keep working on cleaning up coverage. We just lost our anchor D Lineman - things are going to get more stressful on secondary and LB’s...
By rtb72

And it looks like Kendy is out for the rest of the season. Also lost Benny at TE. This game was a huge win...but costly at the same time.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: November 11th, 2023, 11:29 pm

Agreed !!! UMASS can beat us, UTEP can beat us and NMSU can definitely beat us. Stay focused, keep working on cleaning up coverage. We just lost our anchor D Lineman - things are going to get more stressful on secondary and LB’s...
Man, it’s FBS football. You can lose any game. And you know what happens if you lose? You go out and play the next game after that. Im not saying the players should overlook UMass but golly some of you need to stop worrying so much and enjoy the fact that we just won our tenth game out of ten.

PS if we lose to UMass we better be glad we won’t be matched up against a team like Oregon in a NY6 bowl. :lol:
By Geraldos Mustache
If you are ever feeling down on your luck and want a quick pick-me-up, go over the Old Dominion message board and read the LU game thread. The amount of frustration and self-loathing over there is robust. I don't think those guys are ever going to want to play Liberty again. Seriously.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 17th, 2023, 11:19 am If you are ever feeling down on your luck and want a quick pick-me-up, go over the Old Dominion message board and read the LU game thread. The amount of frustration and self-loathing over there is robust. I don't think those guys are ever going to want to play Liberty again. Seriously.
Link?
By Ill flame
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 17th, 2023, 11:19 am If you are ever feeling down on your luck and want a quick pick-me-up, go over the Old Dominion message board and read the LU game thread. The amount of frustration and self-loathing over there is robust. I don't think those guys are ever going to want to play Liberty again. Seriously.
I haven't looked at it but I wonder if it's any different than the other blowouts we've had against them. That game was pretty par for the course iirc.
Liberty22 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]