Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was hoping UTSA would pull the upset over Tulane, to give LU some NY6 help, but Tulane is giving them a BEATING. Crybaby
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It’s not a beating. Tulane D is very stout, but offense is just average. They’ve scored on short fields after TO’s. If UTSA can get a score here, it gets interesting.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
We're better than Tulane. If we win out and Tulane gets the NY6 it's going to sting. To see a lesser team get it.
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: November 24th, 2023, 7:37 pm We're better than Tulane. If we win out and Tulane gets the NY6 it's going to sting. To see a lesser team get it.
That's the business, and LU is not on the "pals" list in any sport platform. Get used to not getting much love as much as possible. It would be best that LU athletics make these folks look like obvious fools continuously.
TH Spangler liked this
By AATL
Well, hopefully UTEP got the same "Help your conferencemate reach the NY6" memo as UTSA. 5 turnovers in 3 quarters and a turnover on downs is no good.

On the other hand, I always did like Scott Symons.. Pony Up next week!
By AATL
Of note, Tulane essentially received six possessions off turnovers and:
  • Was outgained in total yardage
  • Sustained exactly one drive longer than 50 yards
  • Completed 9 total passes at a 40% completion rate
  • Gave up about 4.5 yards per carry
  • Lost the TOP battle
If by some miraculous act of God the CFP committee decided to spend their time watching a G5 game, I doubt anyone came away thinking "Tulane looks dominant." They've looked wobbly for several weeks now, and the metrics are starting to catch up to the eye test.. but credit to their coaches and student athletes for finding ways to win those games anyways.

Go beat UTEP.
TH Spangler, Cider Jim, rtb72 and 4 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach is convinced that LU could be Tulane by 21 points. Of course , that might be the :koolaid talking!
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:08 pm Ballcoach is convinced that LU could be Tulane by 21 points. Of course , that might be the :koolaid talking!
Honestly.. I’m convinced of that as well
By tyndal23
Liberty22 wrote: November 25th, 2023, 1:54 pm
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:08 pm Ballcoach is convinced that LU could be Tulane by 21 points. Of course , that might be the :koolaid talking!
Honestly.. I’m convinced of that as well
I am convinced SMU beats Tulane by 30 and SMU gets ranked at least 2 ahead of LU even if LU beats NMSU by 17. But - let’s play em and find out. CFP claims wins “ mean more” , many on this board claim “wins cure everything” - we are about to find out. I predicted 4 months ago “ what if” scenarios with 2 loss AAC vs undefeated LU.
JK37, Liberty22 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
And Tulane is 17, with a pretty wide disparity by number of votes. Toledo is 23, JMU is 24, SMU is 25.

FWIW, having watched all of those teams in the past two weeks: LU looks the best, with SMU second. I really believe SMU has a good shot at beating Tulane.
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2023, 3:32 pm And Tulane is 17, with a pretty wide disparity by number of votes. Toledo is 23, JMU is 24, SMU is 25.

FWIW, having watched all of those teams in the past two weeks: LU looks the best, with SMU second. I really believe SMU has a good shot at beating Tulane.
We need SMU to win by 1 - not a blowout. If they paste Tulane, they will most likely pass LU ( rightly or wrongly ).
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:And Tulane is 17, with a pretty wide disparity by number of votes. Toledo is 23, JMU is 24, SMU is 25.

I'm surprised that Tulane is even favored in the game. ESPN's predictor has a 72.5% chance of SMU winning and SMU has looked better for 3/4 of the season.
By Ill flame
SMUs QB got seriously hurt during the navy game which is partially why Tulane is favored. FPI has SMU as heavy favorites.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote:SMUs QB got seriously hurt during the navy game which is partially why Tulane is favored. FPI has SMU as heavy favorites.
I didn’t realize that Preston Stone went down. That’s not good. Judging by the box score they played 3 QBs after he got hurt, meaning they may not truly feel comfortable with their #2 being figured out.

Maybe I’m reading too much into that.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Everyone should hope Georgia, FSU, Washington and Michigan all lose in their conference championship games. Then there will only be 1 undefeated team in America, if we win Friday. (FBS)
TH Spangler liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 27th, 2023, 9:48 am
Ill flame wrote:SMUs QB got seriously hurt during the navy game which is partially why Tulane is favored. FPI has SMU as heavy favorites.
I didn’t realize that Preston Stone went down. That’s not good. Judging by the box score they played 3 QBs after he got hurt, meaning they may not truly feel comfortable with their #2 being figured out.

Maybe I’m reading too much into that.
BREAKING: Coach Rhett Lashlee confirms SMU Quarterback Preston Stone has a broken lower leg.
He will be out for the rest of the season.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Why is being ranked top 25 in the CFP like poison? It quite literally is the one of the major points of FBS football. You know, trying to win championships and all that…kind of need to be in the CFP for that.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]