Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Why? Because being ranked does not guarantee a win on Friday. Being favored by 10 does not guarantee a win. Being 12-0 does not guarantee a win. Having beat them before does not guarantee a win. Playing at home does not guarantee a win. All of that is just noise and Rat Poison.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 1:19 am Why? Because being ranked does not guarantee a win on Friday. Being favored by 10 does not guarantee a win. Being 12-0 does not guarantee a win. Having beat them before does not guarantee a win. Playing at home does not guarantee a win. All of that is just noise and Rat Poison.
Ok so being good in any way is rat poison? Got it.

I hope we have rat poison every week!
flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You’re missing the point. Which is, focusing too much and thinking you’re good just because you’re ranked/favored/playing at home, etc. - THAT is the poison. It’s coach speak to try to keep the team focused.

It is true that the CFP poll is the only one that really matters anymore. And the only CFP poll that really matters is the last one.
ballcoach15 liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:26 am Ok so being good in any way is rat poison? Got it.
Being good ain't rat poison. Listening to the devil whisper in your ear is rat poison. Listening to Crickets chirp, apparently, is rat poison.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:43 am You’re missing the point. Which is, focusing too much and thinking you’re good just because you’re ranked/favored/playing at home, etc. - THAT is the poison. It’s coach speak to try to keep the team focused.

It is true that the CFP poll is the only one that really matters anymore. And the only CFP poll that really matters is the last one.
Yes, I know what rat poison is supposed to mean. I was questioning how posting that Liberty is #24 on a fan message board is rat poison.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sat next to a former SMU player this morning on a flight into New Orleans . He swears that the backup QB for the Ponies won’t be a big dropoff in production. Let’s hope not. As it turns out he is friends with Josh Wiggins.
TH Spangler, rtb72 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
What if all this comes down to Auburn’s self-destruction with that bizarre defensive strategy for final play against Alabama?

That would mean that we’re still riding up and down on this strange Freeze roller coaster.
Kricket liked this
By LUOrange
Sly Fox wrote: November 30th, 2023, 8:59 am Sat next to a former SMU player this morning on a flight into New Orleans . He swears that the backup QB for the Ponies won’t be a big dropoff in production. Let’s hope not. As it turns out he is friends with Josh Wiggins.
That was mentioned on a talk show I listened to. Supposedly, he was highly sought after from HS and won a state championship. Show said he was very good.
By Geraldos Mustache
paradox wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:29 am What if all this comes down to Auburn’s self-destruction with that bizarre defensive strategy for final play against Alabama?

That would mean that we’re still riding up and down on this strange Freeze roller coaster.
Let's not waste our time contemplating things we cannot control. Win and let the chips fall where they may...
JK37 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
@paradox I support your right to talk about fan things. :lol:

So many times this season people have tried to shut down conversations on this board because they have this weird superstitious thing that what fans post here will impact the game and distract the players or something . We’re still unbeaten at 13-0 despite all the jinxing we have done. :dontgetit

It’s almost like this thread didn’t have an impact on the games…
flamehunter liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Geraldos Mustache wrote: December 1st, 2023, 11:07 am
paradox wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:29 am What if all this comes down to Auburn’s self-destruction with that bizarre defensive strategy for final play against Alabama?

Let's not waste our time contemplating things we cannot control. Win and let the chips fall where they may...
Let’s be real here. If we said we shouldn’t waste time contemplating things we can’t control none of us would be posting about Liberty athletics on this board, as we don’t control any of the games…
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 1:15 am @paradox I support your right to talk about fan things. :lol:

So many times this season people have tried to shut down conversations on this board because they have this weird superstitious thing that what fans post here will impact the game and distract the players or something . We’re still unbeaten at 13-0 despite all the jinxing we have done. :dontgetit

It’s almost like this thread didn’t have an impact on the games…
Rat Poison...
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
There was a backhanded compliment on college gameday when discussing who should be in the playoffs and the SEC commissioner said being undefeated isn’t important or we’d have undefeated FCS schools in the playoff.

Herbstreit responded “or Liberty who has been on a roll”. And they acknowledged we’ve had a great year, but it didn’t feel great to be in the same conversation as being FCS.

At least we were mentioned when discussing the playoff! :lol:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
SMU obviously needs to win. If they pull it off by a wide margin, then they'll have a strong case. A minor win makes it a judgement call, but I think we have a solid chance if it's not a blowout

I appreciate Freeze and I'm amused by the show at the same time. It's an up and down amusement ride and once you think you're off, you suddenly find yourself back on. Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that superstitions were reserved exclusively for baseball and Stevie Wonder fans.
Kricket liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 6:38 pm It's clear watching the SMU vs Tulane game that we are better than either of those teams.
I don’t know that it’s “clear”. Tulane, yes. SMU DLine is straight nasty. But I do think LU OLine would manage them better than Tulane did. And our WB is “sudden”.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 12:32 pm There was a backhanded compliment on college gameday when discussing who should be in the playoffs and the SEC commissioner said being undefeated isn’t important or we’d have undefeated FCS schools in the playoff.

Herbstreit responded “or Liberty who has been on a roll”. And they acknowledged we’ve had a great year, but it didn’t feel great to be in the same conversation as being FCS.

At least we were mentioned when discussing the playoff! :lol:
I mean, nobody is taking the SEC commissioner seriously on that statement about FCS teams. If JMU isnt bowl eligible then clearly they arent either. He's just desperately trying to get an SEC school into the playoffs now that none of them are undefeated.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
When there's a choice between incompetence and conspiracy, choose incompetence every time.

It's sounding more and more like this is going our way, based off committee chair's rationale. I'm leaning much more in the direction that Liberty's got the bid.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 1:45 pm When there's a choice between incompetence and conspiracy, choose incompetence every time.

It's sounding more and more like this is going our way, based off committee chair's rationale. I'm leaning much more in the direction that Liberty's got the bid.
It’s easier to be incompetent than it is to conspire
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]