Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Do not know about anyone else, but I am really getting pumped about our upcoming Homecoming next Saturday. Should be a lot of fun and an exciting game.
As someone else said, I believe that LU is the only team left on the schedule that can beat LU. I try not to get too far ahead of myself, but this could be the very best season ever for LU football.
As a former LU football player, I know that if you take things for granted, it can all go up in smoke, very quickly. Hopefully the players and coaching staff can keep their minds fixed on the ultimate goal. It will bring so much attention to the University and the athletic program.
GO FLAMES.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Weather will be perfect!! Let's fill up Williams and help get the Flames to 9-0.
TH Spangler liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’ve been to homecoming at LU a couple times. Never thought they did much. Probably won’t ever be back to one for festivities. If I happen to be in town, so be it.
By rtb72
Agreed. The "festivities" are sorta "ho hum". We have made it a tradition the past several years to go on Friday and catch the hockey game. That has added a lot to homecoming weekend for us. My kids have gotten to where they love that as much as the football game.
LUOrange liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The homecoming parade was "meh," the last time we went. Will probably skip it, but the longtime faculty sponsor of The Liberty Champion, Mrs. Huff, is retiring, so may try to pop into the Champion offices just to say hi.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: October 28th, 2023, 11:01 am Did I miss a year? At my age it’s a distinct possibility!
True. Guess Flameshaw is looking forward to next year already:)
By LUOrange
Homecoming for at least the last 5-6 years have been very blah, and the parade and parade route has been almost pointless. The parade used to be a big deal for my girls and it was huge when I was a student in the 90's as well. On top of that, to say that they 50th Celebration was underwhelming would be an understatement. I'm not sure who HMO is/was that you're referring to, but we need him or her back. That person may have been the one who made home games more entertaining than they are now as well (excluding the actual game of course). Parents weekend was kind of embarrassing to, cause they listed all of these activities to do, yet not one was actually happening. Ok, middle aged man rant over. For now.
rtb72 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: October 28th, 2023, 3:18 pm
Dalegarz1 wrote: October 28th, 2023, 11:01 am Did I miss a year? At my age it’s a distinct possibility!
I am not looking forward to anything but the game itself and the players 50 year anniversary dinner. I have never really participated in any other Homecoming activities.
There is usually a pretty good attendance and that makes the game more exciting.
ballcoach15 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 29th, 2023, 9:03 pm
prototype wrote: October 28th, 2023, 3:18 pm
I am not looking forward to anything but the game itself and the players 50 year anniversary dinner. I have never really participated in any other Homecoming activities.
There is usually a pretty good attendance and that makes the game more exciting.
:idea: :guntohead
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 9:27 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:30 am Does Liberty crown a "Homecoming Queen" ?
@ATrain
LOL
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 9:27 am
ballcoach15 wrote: October 31st, 2023, 8:30 am Does Liberty crown a "Homecoming Queen" ?
@ATrain
Beat me too it
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]