Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
KSalt: 10-of-17 for 193 Yards with 3 TDs
Cooley: 10 carries for 64 Yards

Bachmeier: 7-of-14 for 85 Yards with 0 TDs + 7 Carries for 39 Yards

Liberty - 311 Total Yards of Offense
La Tech - 160 Total Yards of Offense
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 8:22 pm I'm not sure defense knows 2nd half has started :dontgetit
We are on the 9th game of the season so I think it's safe to say we know what we have in this team by this point and our defense just isn't very good. FPI has us as the 90th best defense and that sounds about right.
ECC29, Liberty22 liked this
By ECC29
I hope next year’s portal recruiting will DE, LBs. that is what is lacking right now. If we can press the QB, the secondary can do their job. It has to start with pressing the QB.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I don’t think they are getting worse. It’s like Sly said they need turnovers. The first half of the season we had an absurd amount of interceptions at an unsustainable rate. We only stopped people with turnovers. The turnovers stopped so now we don’t really stop people.
Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
ECC29 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 9:03 pm I think LU’s Defensive Coordinator needs to get fired or they need to revamp the entire defense team. What do you think?
It's year 1. I would give him a couple years to get his guys in before calling for firings. Unfortunately I'm not super optimistic given chadwells history on that side of the ball.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 4th, 2023, 9:08 pm
ECC29 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 9:03 pm I think LU’s Defensive Coordinator needs to get fired or they need to revamp the entire defense team. What do you think?
It's year 1. I would give him a couple years to get his guys in before calling for firings. Unfortunately I'm not super optimistic given chadwells history on that side of the ball.
I’ll flame I couldn’t possibly be more pessimistic about where our defense will be in a few years. CCU was such an absolute mess on defense when he left. I’m very concerned about the future.
By Ill flame
aredd33 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 9:24 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 4th, 2023, 9:08 pm
I’ll flame I couldn’t possibly be more pessimistic about where our defense will be in a few years. CCU was such an absolute mess on defense when he left. I’m very concerned about the future.
It may not seem like it but I'm generally an optimistic person and the fact that he only brought one defensive assistant from CCU gives me hope the new defensive staff can figure it out. Unfortunately that hold over from CCU is the D Line coach and defensive coordinator... he's not impressing me so far.
Liberty22 liked this
By ECC29
I do agree with the point that it’s only 1 year. However, if they are to make a mark nationally, Chadwell probably needs to get someone there that take the defense to the next level. Next year, they can’t gamble a year because the defense is poor. But, we shall see next year.
By Ill flame
ECC29 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 8:57 pm I hope next year’s portal recruiting will DE, LBs. that is what is lacking right now. If we can press the QB, the secondary can do their job. It has to start with pressing the QB.
We will likely need some help in the secondary as well with us losing Reese, bishop and jimmerson this year. With the DL being so young we should see improvement next year regardless at that position group but I think we will need to add some depth nearly across the board. We've had some guys banged up but relatively speaking we've been healthy on defense this year. In theory it should be the offense struggling with all of the injuries.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]