Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I’m not happy with how the defense looked either but the reality is we lost so many pieces in the coaching transition. I have confidence that this coaching staff will reload this offseason and our defense will come back stronger next year.
By Ill flame
Looking at our recruiting with the benefit of hindsight, chadwell brought in a ton of talent on such short notice with all of the transfers on defense being younger developmental guys. Arguably our most talented recruiting class yet. I'm excited to see the caliber of transfers he can bring in with a full staff after the type of season we are having. I fully expect the defense to be better next year but I have a feeling our receiving Corps will be even more explosive next year as well. I try not to get too far ahead of myself during what is shaping up to be a dream season but it feels like we will only get better from here.
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2023, 11:02 pm Considering this a new coaching staff and we typically fall apart in November regardless of the coach, I'm pretty happy with 9-0. I expected us to slip up a time or two by now even with the schedule.
As an independent we never had anything to play for in November. We were always bowl eligible already, had no conference championship to play for and a coach that seemed uninterested against weaker opponents by that point in the season. I'm really hoping our November woes are behind us considering we still have so much on the line.
Liberty22, alabama24, flamehunter and 3 others liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I understand some of the consternation on here about the Defense and I share some of the concern, but certainly not to the extent where I think someone should lose their job over it. Get a grip. We returned like 2 starters on D from last year (Kendy Charles and Kobe Singleton?). We had a handful of guys that saw playing time step up into starting roles, but the DLine is practically new. We were able to get some pressure in the 4th quarter Saturday, but penalties hurt us overall and provided a lifeline to La Tech. La Tech, like MTSU and WKU was a pass happy team. We nearly had two INTs Saturday between Green in the endzone on a go route and Preston Hodge on a sideline route that he jumped. I've been impressed with Preston Hodge's play the past few weeks stepping into the CB role, because I think he's a safety.

Overall, we're 9-0. We need to see the Defense step up and play with more consistency for sure. ODU will be a tough out this Saturday regardless, so we need to come prepared. That said, I think we should all be pretty ecstatic with where this team is at this point in the season. With our facilities, our ability to compete for a CUSA Championship year-in and year-out, I really think HCJC and co are going to thrive in the recruitment arena. Look what he did at CCU with lackluster facilities. The present is really good and the future is bright.
Cider Jim, LUalum12, Baybird and 1 others liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]