Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUOrange
Our tradition is stopping a good thing before it becomes a tradition. I'm surprised we've kept the "Don't stop believing" song for so long. But now that we've got Chadwell's "Flames Quarter" now too (which is cool), I wouldn't be surprised to see Journey go the way of real fireworks, Fallout Boy, the inflatable tunnel, raising of the 71 flag, etc.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 20th, 2023, 1:38 pm Ringing a big liberty bell would be a nice add.
Take a page out of Purdue’s book. They run out with the Worlds Largest Drum. Do something similar with a replica of the Liberty Bell

Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 21st, 2023, 7:18 pm Take a page out of Purdue’s book. They run out with the Worlds Largest Drum. Do something similar with a replica of the Liberty Bell
I'm with Purple with his LIBERTY BELL idea. And I would add that we need to borrow from Auburn and get our own live EAGLE.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 2:26 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 21st, 2023, 7:18 pm Take a page out of Purdue’s book. They run out with the Worlds Largest Drum. Do something similar with a replica of the Liberty Bell
I'm with Purple with his LIBERTY BELL idea. And I would add that we need to borrow from Auburn and get our own live EAGLE.
And hand out little liberty bells, that are louder than cowbells to the first 5k through the gate :lol: That would make 3rd downs impossible :evil:
Last edited by TH Spangler on October 23rd, 2023, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 7:29 pm
And hand out little liberty bells, that are louder AND CLASSIER than cowbells to the first 5k through the gate :lol: That would makes 3rd downs impossible :evil:
FIFY--Genius idea.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 7:19 pm We need to improve our entrance. I've seen high schools with better.
Which ones?
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:44 am Eagle entrance or a fire cauldron or both. What is difficult about that? Very classy. Just do it.
:roll:
It's still disappointing that they neglected to put the fire pit over Gate 1 like they originally intended.

Also, at this point, I'd just be elated if they went back to shooting off actual fireworks after TD's and at the end of wins, rather than just shooting off the streamers.
Liberty22 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 9:39 am
flameshaw wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:44 am Eagle entrance or a fire cauldron or both. What is difficult about that? Very classy. Just do it.
It's still disappointing that they neglected to put the fire pit over Gate 1 like they originally intended.

Also, at this point, I'd just be elated if they went back to shooting off actual fireworks after TD's and at the end of wins, rather than just shooting off the streamers.
Fireworks are so blase, yesterday. Kinda like the tiresome sparkler walk at the end of weddings. Help me Jesus.
By LUOrange
flameshaw wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 11:43 am
LUOrange wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 9:39 am

Fireworks are so blase, yesterday. Kinda like the tiresome sparkler walk at the end of weddings. Help me Jesus.
Don't be using little big words on me.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Our entrance is boring overall. The problem is the video itself is well-done, but the fan response is lackluster. When you attend a VT game, there's no one not standing and not jumping to Enter Sandman. We need more commitment from the fans.

The Liberty bell is a good idea. You could turn it into an incentive for your player(s) of the week, where they're the ones that get to ring the bell to bring the players out. The bell goes hand-in-hand with For Whom the Bell Tolls too... LOL. They already play the instrumental to this song at games too.

Also, just a thought, I think they should put a video of the big-bellied member of the Jokers on the screen doing his thing whenever the other team is kicking a field goal, or perhaps during goal-line stands.
By LUOrange
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 2:14 pm Our entrance is boring overall. The problem is the video itself is well-done, but the fan response is lackluster. When you attend a VT game, there's no one not standing and not jumping to Enter Sandman. We need more commitment from the fans.

The Liberty bell is a good idea. You could turn it into an incentive for your player(s) of the week, where they're the ones that get to ring the bell to bring the players out. The bell goes hand-in-hand with For Whom the Bell Tolls too... LOL. They already play the instrumental to this song at games too.

Also, just a thought, I think they should put a video of the big-bellied member of the Jokers on the screen doing his thing whenever the other team is kicking a field goal, or perhaps during goal-line stands.
We definitely have enough talented people at LU to make our football & MBB team entrances more enjoyable and the same every game, every year.

And I'm definitely in favor of the Big Boy Joker on the big screen. Sign him to a NIL and get it done!
Last edited by LUOrange on October 23rd, 2023, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I pay very little attention to the screen, except for replays.

For our entrance we should put Sparky on a Harley motorcycle and lead team onto field. Sort of like the Oregon duck.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Group of Five schools to unveil all-new Top 25 As […]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

NM State beats JAX State 6-5 in 8 innings. JAX Sta[…]

2024 Season Thread

Any of you LU Texans planning to make it to DBU th[…]

Field Hockey

Oh I agree, I was just out of the loop.