Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Officiating this season has been horrible. Blown calls, too many extended reviews .... Liberty got the benefit of at least one bad call against MTSU (sorry, it looked like a fumble to me - that should have been a scoop and score, and don't get me started on the whole grabbing the guy and trying to throw him into the punt thing). Have they always been this terrible?
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I thought the same thing... sure looked like a fumble to me on that call. I'll take the benefit of one of their bad calls though because numerous went against us. Especially, the offsetting fouls on dead balls. It seemed like during their conferences they were just trying to find a way to make it against both teams when it was clearly a penalty by MTSU. Our guys have to stay disciplined moreso than normal.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Feel free to sign up for your local officiating organizations and work your way up. Plenty of openings across the nation.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2023, 8:35 pm Feel free to sign up for your local officiating organizations and work your way up. Plenty of openings across the nation.
Let me know when they pay more and I'll consider it.
By Ill flame
Sly Fox wrote: October 20th, 2023, 8:59 am Not sure there is enough pay on the planet to get me to endure the scorn.
I think the same thing but if the MLB offered me $300k+ a year for a job that's nearly impossible to get fired from I would have to seriously consider it. Even NFL refs make around $200k a year and their season is super short. Of course in reality the pay is not worth the drama to make it to that point. The number of people that get mad at high schoolers officiating little league games is insane.
socal_flame liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 20th, 2023, 9:50 am
Sly Fox wrote: October 20th, 2023, 8:59 am Not sure there is enough pay on the planet to get me to endure the scorn.
I think the same thing but if the MLB offered me $300k+ a year for a job that's nearly impossible to get fired from I would have to seriously consider it. Even NFL refs make around $200k a year and their season is super short. Of course in reality the pay is not worth the drama to make it to that point. The number of people that get mad at high schoolers officiating little league games is insane.
See Angel Hernandez as a prime example.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 20th, 2023, 12:13 am
Purple Haize wrote: October 19th, 2023, 8:35 pm Feel free to sign up for your local officiating organizations and work your way up. Plenty of openings across the nation.
:lol: :evil: Stop it!

Just me over here dropping the Truth Bombs
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]