Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
I think this win clinches the top 25 for us. We are currently 27 in the AP poll with Florida being the #26 team and they play Georgia. Plus the loser of #18 Louisville vs #20 Duke will likely fall out of the top 25 which opens up a spot for us to slide in at #25. Regardless all that matters is what the CFP committee thinks which starts next Tuesday and I don't expect us to be ranked there.
This team will only lose if they beat themselves. I don't think there's anyone in this conference that can match our physicality up front on offense, which is a great advantage to have.

Bedgood is really emerging as a Demario Douglas type of player. He's small, but he's very tough and he has that quick burst of speed like Demario had.
flameshaw wrote:AGAIN, almost zero pressure on the QB. We run a four man stunt one time and get an interception. :?: :?: :?:
We did get some pressure later on in the game, but their game plan seemed to be to dink/dunk their way down the field. There's just no way to get to a QB that's getting the ball out of his hands in 2 seconds or less. Our guys were clearly coached up on getting their hands in the air though to tip the ball or force some bad throws though. I saw at least 4 of those.

Max Morgan needs to get his head back on straight. I saw this kid boom punts during the spring game and the fall scrimmage. He had some good kicks earlier this year, but something has been off the past two weeks. Whatever it is, he needs to work on it. If the best we can manage is 30 yd punts with the risk it might be less, I don't mind HCJC going for it on 4th and short on our side of the field...

Hopefully we stay humble and hungry. We control our own destiny.
By Ill flame
JK37 wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:02 am You’re right about the CFP. A top 25 ranking is nice publicity. But does anyone else feel like we don’t deserve it? It’s hard to take a lot of joy in it, given performances like these. Am I too much of a Debbie downer?
It depends if you think the top 25 should be the best or most deserving teams. I don't think we are one of the best 25 teams in the country but I do think we are one of the most deserving considering we are currently ranked #18 in strength of record which typically correlates very strongly with rankings by the end of the season. We should be beating weak teams more comfortably but we are still winning which is more than can be said about almost every other team in the country.
Ill flame wrote: October 25th, 2023, 11:42 am
JK37 wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:02 am You’re right about the CFP. A top 25 ranking is nice publicity. But does anyone else feel like we don’t deserve it? It’s hard to take a lot of joy in it, given performances like these. Am I too much of a Debbie downer?
It depends if you think the top 25 should be the best or most deserving teams. I don't think we are one of the best 25 teams in the country but I do think we are one of the most deserving considering we are currently ranked #18 in strength of record which typically correlates very strongly with rankings by the end of the season. We should be beating weak teams more comfortably but we are still winning which is more than can be said about almost every other team in the country.

The Polls/Rankings are so flawed, I have stopped putting any faith in them. If truth were to be known, there probably isn't a team in Top 25 ranked "where they should be". I believe Georgia and Michigan are ranked 1-2. Both have played very weak schedules to be Power 5 schools.
ballcoach15 wrote: October 25th, 2023, 10:06 am Pass defense needs improvement. We gave up 2 TDs when receiver was totally uncovered.
When team reviews film tomorrow, it might be first time DBs see those receivers.
Put a star on that one! Well played Ballcoach. Well played.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]