Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
If this defense doesn’t turn the ball over they can’t consistently get stops
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I think we’re playing man to man too much. Getting exposed with one on ones.
By jmclaughlin
Both of these teams are putting on a clinic…in how not to tackle. Good grief
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
This has been a disgraceful game by way of poor tackling, turnovers and penalties. I can’t even feel good yet that LU is winning.
aredd33, ballah09 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 17th, 2023, 9:54 pm This has been a disgraceful game by way of poor tackling, turnovers and penalties. I can’t even feel good yet that LU is winning.
I couldn’t agree more.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Another 4th quarter shutout and the Flames gut out a 42-35 win. I've unofficially dubbed the 4th quarter "closing time" with how we keep shutting teams down in the final period. Definitely alot to work on heading to Bowling Green (Kentucky) for a spot in the CUSA Championship even with 5 games to go
Last edited by BJWilliams on October 17th, 2023, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By AATL
Well, six days to clean up the slant and screen coverage and tackling before paying a visit to Austin Reed and 40+ pass attempts.

Salter and the RBs need to take the OLine to a hefty dinner after that; that was some mashing and one heck of a game up front.
thesportscritic liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
At this point, each win keeps us relevant nationally for another week. Hard to complain about this success with the roster turnover we had in the offseason. We’re not a top 25 team talentwise but we can get top 25 results in the win column.

Win as many as we can and reloading with more talent in the offseason gets easier and preps us for the CFP shot next year.
By tyndal23
Kricket wrote: October 17th, 2023, 10:59 pm And WKU just lost on a last second FG so we solidly hold first place in the conference.
Worst care scenario for LU NY6 Bowl...
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 18th, 2023, 8:37 am I figured losing a game was the worst case scenario for a NY6 berth.
:lol: That made me chuckle. Duh!

Well, obviously.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 17th, 2023, 11:43 pm
Kricket wrote: October 17th, 2023, 10:59 pm And WKU just lost on a last second FG so we solidly hold first place in the conference.
Worst care scenario for LU NY6 Bowl...
I'm not sure I completely get the logic of this. We beat Jacksonville State on the road, and we will play WKU on the road. Jax State is 6-2 and has almost as much potential to be a quality win as WKU. Perhaps WKU winning very slightly improves our chances at a NY6 bowl... very slightly.

I'll be honest, I'm not overly concerned with the NY6 Bowl. We probably have 1-2 losses in us left this year. We're fortunate to have the record we have. It'd be great if we win out! That being said, if we lose a game or two it'd be nice to win the conference.

Lastly, I'm not convinced we can beat a really strong P5 team. It may be better for us to win out and play a weaker team in a bowl that we can win. An undefeated season may set us up better for the CFP in following seasons than a blow out loss in a NY6 bowl would.

Either way, I'm happy with any and every W for now. It makes this season much more enjoyable.
Sly Fox, PAmedic, LUOrange and 4 others liked this
By Dalegarz1
Research has consistently demonstrated that the performance of a team or class or organization is positively correlated to the expectation level of the leader. Obviously, expectations cannot be unattainable. When you listen to Coach Chadwell, he consistently articulates high expectations. I think our7-0 record reflects these high standards. The characteristics of a great coach include, not only high expectations, but the ability to communicate them to your team without creating an atmosphere where players are afraid to make a mistake. In the sample size so far, I think we may have such a coach.
flamehunter, Sly Fox, thesportscritic and 3 others liked this
By Ill flame
Kricket wrote: October 18th, 2023, 9:55 am
Lastly, I'm not convinced we can beat a really strong P5 team. It may be better for us to win out and play a weaker team in a bowl that we can win. An undefeated season may set us up better for the CFP in following seasons than a blow out loss in a NY6 bowl would.
I'm torn on this. On one hand I wouldnt mind getting beat by a blue blood in a NY6 bowl because just making an appearance is huge for the school on so many levels and it also helps the conference by proving to recruits that CUSA is better than people give them credit for. On the other hand the idea of finishing a season 14-0 with a win over marshall or someone similar in a bowl would be a lot of fun and still help us build positive momentum for a potential run to the CFP next year. In either case I never thought we would be 7-0 having this discussion at this point in the season.
Kricket, AATL liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote: October 16th, 2023, 2:34 pm
Cider Jim wrote: October 12th, 2023, 7:10 pm
Sly Fox wrote: October 12th, 2023, 4:10 pm Old IFB folks may remember it as a Fundy mecca back in the SOTL and Bill Rice Ranch days.
Does anybody besides Sly and me even know what SOTL stands for?
My former pastor is the current editor at SOTL.
Whew, you had it rough. :)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]