Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 6th, 2023, 10:05 am I have just a few thoughts/frustrations.

First, the offense was definitely sluggish. Missed assignments on the O-line. Brain farts by skill players at various points. Too many negative plays (either penalties/self-inflicted or the refs). All that to say, we STILL had almost 450 net yards on offense. We left a lot of points on that field between the kicking game struggles and our own stupidity. SHSU is 0-5, but their defense is not an 0-5 defense. They've played a tough schedule and held Air Force and BYU to low scores/production.

Second, our game management/media staff need to get their crap together. So many times coming back from a media timeout (~15 seconds left) they start playing music when WE have the ball. I don't get it. If we're on Defense, go HAM... play loud music and play Taylor Swift for the females in the crowd. But for the love of God please stop playing hype songs while our team has the ball. And on the subject of Taylor Swift music... we AGAIN got burned by playing her music while we were on O at their 5 yd line. Play her on Defense only PLEASE.

Third, the refs were absolute garbage. Whoever was the sideline judge on the SHSU side needs to be relegated to youth rec leagues. He threw two markers (that were going to be against LU) that had to be picked up and explained by the head ref as to why on rather well-known situations. IE, if your QB is outside the pocket and clearly throwing the ball away there is no PI to be called on the DBs. Also, the same guy had his flag duct taped to his belt when #97 on the SHSU yeeted Kaidon Salter on their sideline after the play was clearly over, but then turned around and threw a very late/suspect flag for PI on Singleton on the last drive. Not to mention the odd timeout down inside our ten yard line for nothing. It absolutely gave them an advantage. If you go back and watch they stop the play and the head ref comes over to our sideline to confer with the SL judge on our side. They turn around and break up our teams huddle, but did NOTHING to SHSU's huddle. They let it continue. Just bonkers.

Proud of our D... need to get our heads back in the game on Offense and sign me as a kicker. I have video of makes from 40 and 45yds. Hit me up Chadwell.
Great summary of the game, especially the horrible officiating. I almost never say anything about the officials, but the mistakes mentioned in this post are 100000000% correct. The officials should be looked at very closely for the huge mistakes they mad in this game. Worse than Pop Warner refs.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Officials flagged our holding, but went blind on there's.

I have a lot of respect for Sam Houston. Classy bunch. Way better than their record. Playing good competition early will make them a force the rest of the season.
ballcoach15, Baybird liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I saw Parabolic Microphones in use for this game. Do we usually use those. Biggest difference in top notch TV and second level broadcast is game day sound. If it's new was it provided by us or CBSSN?
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]