Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Our next game will be Thursday Oct. 5th vs Sam Houston St. on CBSN. This is not our first Thursday night home game, we played Coastal several years ago. I am fairly confident the students will show up in force. The unknown factor is the non students. If I was a local, and I am not, this would be a fun game to attend. Will people that don't usually attend Saturday games show up to replace those that can't attend due to distance?
You bring up a point about the novelty aspect of these midweek games this season. I am not sure that we will be able to attract enough numbers of locals to make up for the fact that out-of-towners are unikely to attend with work the next morning. If we get around 15k it should be considered a smashing success.

Incidentally I briefly considered heading to the Jax State-Sam Houston game tomorrow night in Huntsville since it is only a half hour from my house. But a family birthday de-railed that plan. But suffice it to say that Sam will be lucky to get 10k in the house even thouh it will be their first FBS/CUSA home game. getting pummeled three straight games with an anemic offense doesnt inspire the students to show up. At least the weather should be great. Temps will drop down into the 80s by gametime.
I'll be there!!!

I think the crowd should be better then most people think.

I do think they should push for students to attend.... Tell season ticket holders that at 15 minutes before game time - they are sending students up to fill the sections that aren't full. Or do something really cool, but would take a lot of time - move all season ticket holders to main side and then have the other side be ALL students. Tell them if they fill the whole side - no classes on Friday, or some other sort of incentive. This will be on national TV - no better marketing then this. Every game during the week so far has not been well attended, from what I'm seeing on TV.
I'm not sure what LU did for the couple of Thursday night games vs. Coastal years ago. But I did watch them on ESPN and they appeared to be fairly well attended. I think we'll get a similar crowd on next Thursday. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a huge drop off in attendance for the MTSU game on Tuesday, 10-17.
Any residential classes that start after 12:30 on Thursday will be taught on Microsoft Teams (to free up parking spaces for the football game).
flamehunter, LUOrange, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
LUGrad2000 wrote: September 27th, 2023, 9:41 am Our next game will be Thursday Oct. 5th vs Sam Houston St. on CBSN. This is not our first Thursday night home game, we played Coastal several years ago. I am fairly confident the students will show up in force. The unknown factor is the non students. If I was a local, and I am not, this would be a fun game to attend. Will people that don't usually attend Saturday games show up to replace those that can't attend due to distance?
Distance is no excuse. 8) 8)
LUOrange liked this
The last home game was way back on Sept 9 - so it will be 4-days shy of a month without football on the mountain. I'm hoping the students (and parents and alums and locals) have felt a void and show up. Also, Ian mentioned early-on that they are working on some things to promote attendance for these weekday games - hopefully they did and they work.
Booked our favorite AirBNB for all games back when the schedule was released. We realize how blessed we are to have jobs where we can be flexible enough to make the three hour trip from south Raleigh for all home games. Add in the National TV coverage for those too far away and it's a win win. I'm really excited to see how the students turn out, as I know many who work on the weekends to make ends meet. Should be electric!
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]