Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
4th & 3 from their own 40, Buffalo's pass attempted deflected incomplete. LU takes over in Bulls territory.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Elijah Smoot is proving to be a real weapon that we snagged our of the transfer portal from UT-Martin.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Buffalo closes the gap to 34-21 late in 3rd after going for it on 4th down multiple times on the drive.
By Ill flame
Buffalo is trying so hard to keep us from running the ball they keep leaving receivers wide open. I love it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Salter to CJ Daniels for 75 yards and the TD ... LU pushes the lead to 41-21 with 3:25 to go
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LU secondary first dropped INT of season ... but it was 4th down so actually helped us with field positioning.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Buffalo on a penalty-enabled drive scores on a short TD pass to close the gap to 48-27 with 10:14 left to play
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We bring in Jonathan Bennett for mop-up duty.

Kaidon Salter's final numbers:
16-of-26 for 344 Yards and 5 TDs & 0 INTs
10 Carries for 66 Yards and 1 Rushing TD
By Dalegarz1
Nice win up north! KS can really sling it-great to see the vertical pass game be a factor. Having CJ play at a high level really elevates our receiving core. On a side note, today’s uniform is far from the worst. That honor belongs to the red over blue combination that we wore last week against New Mexico State.
By Ill flame
I'm curious roughly what percentage of fans in the stands were liberty fans. It looked like there was a decent amount of red there.
By Ill flame
After that blowout win we moved up 15 spots in the FPI ranking to 72 which is the highest in CUSA after WKUs blowout loss. It's now projecting us to win 10 games with the highest chance among G5s to finish undefeated now that we are favored over WKU. It's tough to ask for a much better start to the season, the development from week to week has been very encouraging. I just hope we stay relatively healthy. I know we have some RBs banged up but fortunately we have good depth there.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
3 weeks into the season we are starting to get some clarity about who we are and how we fit into the bigger picture. But I will be honest and admit that this week's game in Miami has me feeling a bit apprehensive. These are the types of game sthat historically we have let down our guard.

One week at a time.

That said, KSalt's progress has far exceeded my expectations for this early in his development. After his shaky start, he quickly found a rhythm and adjusted exceptionally well. As a result of his growth, we are seeing the impact all across the offensive production from the RBs to the receivers. The perceived depleted receiving corps has been outstanding thus far. Just in general, our ability to avoid turnovers has been a revelation.

On the defensive side of the ball, TJ Bush has been outstanding. The secondary in general has been amazing ... if the staff can just get Singleton to look back toward the ball. The turnovers have been the key to positioning our offense for success by keeping the opposing defenses exhausted out on the field.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I liked seeing the vertical passes yesterday. And, Buffalo pass D was AWFUL. Some completed bombs were still slightly under-or overthrown. But the receiver was so wide open he could adjust.

Nothing wrong with that. Hitting the open receiver is important. I just hope we as a fan base temper our expectations. This is still a run-first offense, with a run-first QB leading it, all of whom smartly took advantage of what the opposing D gave them. Well done!
thesportscritic liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Feel good about a lot of things:
Salter>>>>>>>>>>Bennett
I believe this is the best tackling team, we have ever had.
Punt and kick receiving teams seem to be making solid mental decisions.

I think we are still going to lose ~3 games, but we will go bowling and end up having a successful year for a first year coach.
By Dalegarz1
I don’t perceive KS as a “run first” QB anymore. Last year he definitely had “happy feet” in the pocket. So far, there is much less of that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 17th, 2023, 10:04 am 3 weeks into the season we are starting to get some clarity about who we are and how we fit into the bigger picture. But I will be honest and admit that this week's game in Miami has me feeling a bit apprehensive. These are the types of game sthat historically we have let down our guard.

One week at a time.

That said, KSalt's progress has far exceeded my expectations for this early in his development. After his shaky start, he quickly found a rhythm and adjusted exceptionally well. As a result of his growth, we are seeing the impact all across the offensive production from the RBs to the receivers. The perceived depleted receiving corps has been outstanding thus far. Just in general, our ability to avoid turnovers has been a revelation.

On the defensive side of the ball, TJ Bush has been outstanding. The secondary in general has been amazing ... if the staff can just get Singleton to look back toward the ball. The turnovers have been the key to positioning our offense for success by keeping the opposing defenses exhausted out on the field.
I firmly believe the in game improvement we saw in Salter was a direct result of the coaching staff. He’s not looking over his shoulder after every play to see if he’s gonna get yanked. That builds your confidence in a big way and a big hurry
Sly Fox, Sly Fox, ballcoach15 and 2 others liked this
By rtb72
So what is it as to why Salter has made such a huge leap? I'm really interested in thoughts, here. I think he loves the game and has been serious about being a great QB, but it seems he just did not grow (buy-in, absorb, embrace, learn) from the last methodology of our past coaching staff. Everybody learns/grows differently, I get that. I'm just wondering if for KSalt...the approach and teaching of HCJC and staff, has been more of what he responds to? The turn around has not only been amazing...it has raised this question to me. The talent has been there. (Sorry if this should be a different thread)
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]