Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 9th, 2023, 9:04 pm Benching Pavia was a bad call and that should do it.
Not just a bad call for this game. We know what indecision about your QB can do to a team.
By Dalegarz1
Solid game for Salter! Made some excellent throws and had some timely runs. I like that he has learned to keep his eyes downfield as he is scrambling-shows some real growth. Only bad play was trying to pitch the ball when he was in the grasp of a defender.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Good win. Hard to complain about this one. Pretty good all around and Salter showed some stuff today. If he keeps this trajectory going he could lead us to a lot of Ws.

Not to look ahead too quickly but Buffalo lost to Fordham today. May have been a trap game for them, but not good for us considering they should be steaming mad, and also are 0-2 going into our game next week.
By Ill flame
That was a solid win. The offense looks improved already and they didnt exactly look bad last week. Salter especially looked much more comfortable this week and did a much better job of not trying to do everything himself. Last week he kept the football way more than he should've instead of handing it off. The secondary looked good again this week. Hopefully they keep up what their doing with these turnovers because I have no confidence in our run defense without Kendy Charles. I love that our offense is capable of long slow drives to keep the defense off the field. If it wasn't for the new clock rules I think the score would've looked like more of a blowout by the end.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
276 yds passing
250 yds Rushing
This will be a very good offense going forward if they keep it balanced like this.

20,000. Good crowd. Stadium looks pretty full on tv with the new red seats on the Baptist side.

Green could not wait to get to the sideline to put the joker mask on after his interception.
rtb72, Baybird, AATL liked this
By rtb72
KSalt was terrific tonight. He has really matured. D got themselves together and did a good job 2nd half. Perfect night for football...weather ended up being ideal. Students showed up strong again, and thankfully, the west side seems to be getting more into the game. Tailgate weather was great after rain passed....even got cheerleaders to tailgate with us.
tyndal23, Baybird, Sly Fox and 1 others liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: September 9th, 2023, 10:09 pm If it wasn't for the new clock rules I think the score would've looked like more of a blowout by the end.
I like the new clock rules this week.

Anyone else think Jerry Kill looks like the abominable snowman?
By AATL
In the entire second half, NMSU had the ball for roughly eight minutes (Liberty had posession for the other 22ish). Liberty's 3rd quarter touchdown alone was more than nine(!), and NMSU ran all of six plays in the third. That's dominant.

Credit to Cooley and Lucas, who both seemed to drag a few guys and fall forward for 4-5 yards every play. Lucas is shifty, too.

I thought Salter was excellent. Well-covered endzone fades aside, I thought he put some really nice touch on a couple big throws and still uncorked a couple lasers into windows where his guy was the only one with a chance to make the play.
Future Schedules.... Again

One day, our fans will learn to appreciate the imp[…]

Prayers please

Gods design is not only simpler, but way more pl[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Please correct me if I am wrong, but after doing a[…]

Volleyball Coach

Looks like Nolan Albrecht will be acting head co[…]