Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, New Mexico

NMSU Football Official Site

247sports Aggie Alert Sports Trough Board

Crimson Country Board

Jerry Kill
2nd Season as NMSU Head Coach

2023 Schedule/Results

Aug 26 - UMass ....................................................... L 41-30
Sep 02 - Western Illinois ......................................... W 58-21
Sep 09 - @ Liberty .................................................. 6 PM ET
Sep 16 - @ New Mexico
Sep 23 - @ Hawai'i
Oct 04 - FIU
Oct 11 - Sam Houston
Oct 18 - @ UTEP
Oct 24 - @ Louisiana Tech
Nov 04 - MTSU
Nov 11 - @ Western Kentucky
Nov 18 - @ Auburn
Nov 25 - Jacksonville State

Key Players

#10 Diego Pavia
6' 0" 200 lbs Junior Quarterback
Thru 2 Games: 32-of-47 (68%) for 565 Yds with 5 TDs & 2 INTs + 17 Carries for 12 Yds

#4 Star Jones
6' 0" 225 lbs Junior Running Back
Thru 2 Games: 20 Carries for 138 Yds with 2 Rushing TDs

#6 Jonathan Brady
5' 11" 190 lbs Sophomore Receiver
Thru 2 Games: 6 Receptions for 150 Yds with 1 TD + 2 Kick Returns for 24 Yd Average

#5 J.J. Dervil
6' 3" 190 lbs Junior Safety
Thru 2 Games: Team High 10 Total Tackles

#44 Keyshaun Elliott
6' 3" 225 lbs Sophomore Linebacker
Thru 2 Games: 9 Tackles including 2 for Loss
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For those who remember last year's game, NMSU shocked us with a 49-14 WIN. Crybaby (Wasn't that the game when the Freeze to Auburn story broke?).

https://nmstatesports.com/news/2022/11/ ... berty.aspx
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 7:10 pm For those who remember last year's game, NMSU shocked us with a 49-14 WIN. Crybaby (Wasn't that the game when the Freeze to Auburn story broke?).

https://nmstatesports.com/news/2022/11/ ... berty.aspx
Yes it was the game. I traveled from Georgia to watch that garbage and I was furious.
By LUOrange
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 9:25 pm We'd better win by 30. The only acceptable solution.
Well, they lost to U-Missed at home then steamrolled a pathetic FCS team. Our chances should be pretty good. I think we're favored by 8 or 9. Hopefully Chadwell & Co. come ready to play and are much better in Week 2.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The eternal optimist, LU fan Kenneth Harden has already called the score on Facebook:
70-0
LUOrange liked this
By AATL
LUOrange wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 10:23 pm
TallyW wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 9:25 pm We'd better win by 30. The only acceptable solution.
Well, they lost to U-Missed at home then steamrolled a pathetic FCS team. Our chances should be pretty good. I think we're favored by 8 or 9. Hopefully Chadwell & Co. come ready to play and are much better in Week 2.
The UMASS game wasn't pretty, but I do think UMASS looked like a significantly improved team from a year ago. Granted, the bar to clear was extremely low.. They brought in a ton from the portal and their QB looked like a dual threat right up until his injury in the Auburn game. Hopefully it's not a long term injury.

I'd think anyone who watched week one will come out loading up the box and forcing Salter to throw. The defense will need to stay home and not shoot too far in the backfield. I already saw Pavia's 125 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs once and I don't care to again :shock:
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Granted it is a small sample size of just two games, but it appears Kill has Pavia staying more in the pocket this season.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
With the lack of injury reporting, does anyone know if A. Jones (safety) or Dixon (DL) are hurt. They were supposed to start but they had no defensive stats.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Stevev wrote: September 4th, 2023, 11:18 am With the lack of injury reporting, does anyone know if A. Jones (safety) or Dixon (DL) are hurt. They were supposed to start but they had no defensive stats.
Both started and played significant snaps.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Thank you Sea of Red! I was at the game and don’t remember seeing them in. Also noticed that Venn was returning kicks and not Jones..
By LUOrange
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: September 4th, 2023, 12:07 pm
Stevev wrote: September 4th, 2023, 11:18 am With the lack of injury reporting, does anyone know if A. Jones (safety) or Dixon (DL) are hurt. They were supposed to start but they had no defensive stats.
Both started and played significant snaps.
Any inside scoop on Kendy for SATURDAY?
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
My biggest concern moving forward is that Jamey Chadwell didn’t manage the game time into his favor well. That’s one area Ole Hugh was good at. Seems like Chadwell has coached them up well. Maybe a little extra soft on Salter to build trust?!?! Can’t blame him on that after Hugh tore him up last year on the early interviews.
By rtb72
Been watching the weather and it appears we will probably see some rain. Typical high humidity weather with scattered showers and thunderstorms popping up. Hopefully, it will be mostly dry in the late afternoon early evening. I hate wet tailgates!
LUOrange liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:What happened to the "Prediction Thread" that used to be on here for each Liberty game ?
What if I told you that you can create it if no one else does? You don't have to wait for the newspaper to do it overnight.
5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Family Travel Obsession

If you have a rental car in Paris this summer, bra[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]