Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Matt Brown's Extra Points wrote:Here's why Conference USA signed a Grant of Rights agreement
If you're a CUSA fan, I recommend you back away from the ledge

Matt Brown
August 24, 2023

Good morning, and thanks for your continued support of Extra Points.

Do you know what news story has inspired the greatest amount of reader mail this week? Not anything related to ACC expansion. Not anything related to EA Sports College Football. Not anything related to NIL, Washington D.C, or any of the actual D-I college football games that will be played this weekend.

It was this story from Friend of the Newsletter Chris Vannini of The Athletic, that stated that Conference USA institutions signed a Grant of Rights agreement as part of their newest media rights deal. To the best of my knowledge, CUSA’s peer conferences, like the MAC, MWC and Sun Belt, have not signed similar agreements.
Click Here for Full Story

In a nutshell, it was a requirement for the better media deal with ESPN & CBS. And once again, the nominal amount necessary to exit would not stop us from moving should the opportunity arise.
AATL, Dalegarz1 liked this
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]