Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:11 am No. They're not filling that position. They will still write a few pieces here and there about Liberty sports but there's no one on the beat anymore.
Stupid question: Can any of yall's articles be published in the N&A (i.e. a partnership)? Would you find that beneficial?
By AATL
LU 57 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 11:06 am I missed the presser. Called out in a good way?
Presser:

Quote: "I hope nobody puts that on social media for the next week and a half -- Sea of Red -- and we can try to keep that quiet."

Said with a smile, all in good fun. I think he's enjoying the media and coverage and having a good time with it. That's not something that was particularly present at any of his previous stops.
LU 57, rtb72, flamehunter liked this
By Ill flame
A Sea of Red wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:11 am No. They're not filling that position. They will still write a few pieces here and there about Liberty sports but there's no one on the beat anymore.
I get local news is slowly dying, at least in its current form, but I'm kind of suprised by this considering the overall increase in interest for LU sports.
flamehunter liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:03 am
A Sea of Red wrote: September 1st, 2023, 8:55 am No offense to the N&A or the person who wrote it, but I can't imagine an entity that has not attended a single press conference, practice or scrimmage this calendar year, and refers to "Blowing Green" and "X'Vauvea" has any inside information.
Bet Cates wrote the article. Is he the new beat writer that replaced Damien? :dontgetit
Ben Cates is the high school sports guy for the N&A.
By LU 57
They ran his article, errors and all, in the Richmond Times-Dispatch this morning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU is probably only college team in America that the local paper doesn't assign a beat writer to cover. Only the Danville newspaper is worst than N&A. Both are owned by same company, Lee Enterprises, who has almost destroyed both papers.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:15 am
Cider Jim wrote: September 1st, 2023, 8:46 am Today's News & Advance has a big article about Saturday's game and reveals which QB is #1 on the depth chart. I don't know if they have insider information or if they are guessing.
I won't reveal the name here, but you can buy a newspaper to find out. :fineprint :fbplayer
If you believe the N&A, I have some nice beach front property in West Virginia that I'll sell you for a retirement home. I'm surprised the N&A even knows LU has a game tomorrow.
Cheat Lake has beaches!
ballcoach15 liked this
By AATL
I thought this was a particularly striking quote from Chadwell's postgame press conference:
We thought if we could continue to develop him and he continues to build that confidence that he gives us that chance to do that. That was our mindset with that. We knew he was going to make some mistakes and some things, but what we want to do is to build confidence in. He has a habit of looking over his shoulder and oh man, bad play, world’s ending, whatever. We told him up front. You’re the guy. I’m not looking to yank you out, we’re going to fight through it with you. He’s took a hold of that. There’s going to be still a learning curve with him, but really liked how he stayed composed today.
From the outside looking in, this seems like a markedly different approach than Freeze/Austin took with Salter. Not purporting that either is right or wrong, but last year certainly seemed a bit more like tough love. I can think of quite a few press conference quotes that were pretty openly critical of Salter (including about his off-field prep) and I'm sure the QB carousel did not help.

It would be awesome if a new voice and approach with Chadwell/Korn starts to click and a lightbulb turns on.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like Salter has grown up. Chadwell even commented that Salter encouraged his teammates to "GO TO CLASS." Study
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 11:35 pm Sounds like Salter has grown up. Chadwell even commented that Salter encouraged his teammates to "GO TO CLASS." Study
You’re the only one here who cares about that! :lol:
LU 57, Cider Jim, Baybird liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
WSET wrote:LU's confidence in Kaidon Salter's preparation at QB showing

by Dave Walls
Tue, September 5th 2023, 6:18 PM CDT

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) — Cool under pressure. In control. Liberty's Kaidon Salter looked all these things in Saturday's win over Bowling Green at Williams Stadium.

While the decision to start Salter out of training camp may have come as a surprise to those on the outside, but coach Jamey Chadwell noted after the 34-24 win Saturday that Salter had dedicated his offseason completely to football, hoping to reach his full potential. While Chadwell noted Tuesday there's still plenty to clean up in both Salter's throwing mechanics and decision making, it's apparent his offseason work is starting to pay dividends.
Click Here for Full Story with Video
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Similar article in the local News & Advance this week!
By tyndal23
TH Spangler wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 5:16 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 7th, 2023, 7:44 am CiderJim, I told ya'll all summer that "Salter" would be "starting QB".
The way he's preforming, hope we can keep him out of the portal 🤔
Once he graduates...otherwise, won’t be able to without sitting a year. Anyone have a clue on his academic status / prowess ? QB is the 1 position NFL doesn’t question as much regarding G5 or P5.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]