Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Picked up a few transfers that look to plug some of the holes. I know the transfer window now closed to enter the portal. Is there a specific deadline to find a new destination? Im curious about when players attempting to transfer out need to decide by. I have a feeling a few of them will be interested in coming back to the mountain.
By cruzan_flame13
jmclaughlin wrote: May 1st, 2023, 4:31 pm Chadwell aint playing around. Long gone are the FCS ringers we were sold on.
It's not over yet; more to visit this coming weekend.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
It looks like DB Josh Wiggins (Colorado) & OL Jack Tucker (Texas Tech) visited this weekend. If Chadwell's track record continues, I expect two more will be added to the fold. Chadwell is the portal hunter!

One observation, a high majority of the guys HCJC has gone after from the portal are guys with multiple years left. I am a big fan of that strategy!
Cider Jim, Dalegarz1, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
If Colton Korn's (Director of Player Personnel) tweet from 4 hours ago is any indication of the two visits this weekend, WE GOT'EM!
By AATL
The offensive line might be something to behold this year. Between this depth and the hype about the running back room.. look out!

Jack Tucker - 6'7" 300lb
Xavior Gray - 6'9" 330lb
Jonathan Graham - 6'5" 325
Brendan Schlittler - 6'5" 315lb
X'Zauvea Gadlin - 6'4" 315lb
Jordan White - 6'2" 300lb

A room of small people this is not.
LUOrange, Just John, rtb72 liked this
By LUOrange
Back in the late 90's a couple of football lineman walked onto the MBB team. They mostly played scrub minutes, but the kids still loved them. Anywho, McKay may want to talk to Mr. Gray. Just saying...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:14 pm Jack Tucker - 6'7" 300lb
Xavior Gray - 6'9" 330lb
Sounds like a Purple Haize family reunion!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 10th, 2023, 10:19 am
Xavior Gray - 6'9" 330lb
Have to say, that made me LOL. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 10th, 2023, 10:19 am
Xavior Gray - 6'9" 330lb
Good eaten that’s for sure
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
So 3 of the 4 have formally announced their commitment:

1. Amari WIlliams DL (Juco/Boise State)
2. Victor Venn RB (Colorado)
3. EJ Smoot WR (UT-Martin)

The mystery 4th one is not the 4 star transfer WR from Ole Miss as he chose UAB over us.

I do hope it is another LB. Maybe that transfer LB from Wisconsin.
By sstaedtler
Their were two OL scheduled to visit May 17th and May 19th. Are those two visits still occurring? I'd love another LB and another WR. I am assuming the 4th commit is another RB since that is who visited.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
So it's another RB - some transfer from Duquesne. We seem pretty set in the RB room... I was kind of surprised to see another RB added here. Looking at the roster we seem to be pretty thin at LB still. We lost a lot of production there between Walker and Smith Jr... I guess I'm surprised we haven't seen any additions there other than Chike.
By tyndal23
Humble_Opinion wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:35 pm So it's another RB - some transfer from Duquesne. We seem pretty set in the RB room... I was kind of surprised to see another RB added here. Looking at the roster we seem to be pretty thin at LB still. We lost a lot of production there between Walker and Smith Jr... I guess I'm surprised we haven't seen any additions there other than Chike.
2 back set primarily in this offense, so still could add more RB’s for depth. Like the new kid, tough one cut good vision between the tackled and always pushing pile forward, probably will never break any 20 yard runs at this level, but good 4 tough yards inside consistently. As for inside LB - we have always been thin but Freeze found 3 diamonds in the rough that easily added 2 wins per season. ( not exaggerating ). We need speed there, have good inside run stoppers, but slow side to side and drop back.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Just read that Stephen Sings is transferring to Auburn. I know that athletes can transfer anywhere, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Within the NCAA transfer rules there is nothing wrong with what Stephen did nor with Freeze recruiting him. It just seems disrespectful at the very least to me.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:27 pm Just read that Stephen Sings is transferring to Auburn. I know that athletes can transfer anywhere, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Within the NCAA transfer rules there is nothing wrong with what Stephen did nor with Freeze recruiting him. It just seems disrespectful at the very least to me.
Do you know for a fact that Freeze contacted him before he entered the portal? Isn't it possible that Sings decided to leave and then contact was made one way or the other?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:27 pm Just read that Stephen Sings is transferring to Auburn. I know that athletes can transfer anywhere, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Like as a Bama fan you’re gonna like ANYTHING that Freeze does from now on? :dontgetit :lol:
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:

Like as a Bama fan you’re gonna like ANYTHING that Freeze does from now on? :dontgetit :lol:
True statement :D . However, I still don't like the look of it. Even if Freeze would've gone to Georgia Tech, don't poach from your last school especially after the second opening of the transfer portal. That is just me though.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Several of our players have been poached during this cycle. Even some that never entered the portal and remain on the roster. It's the way things are now, unfortunately. One player that remains on the roster and never entered the portal was offered six figures of NIL $ if he transferred.
DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]