Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:They're really coming out of the woodwork! Great to see. The power of a NY6 bowl game.
I’m glad posters are coming back, but when I read this I was hoping it was about a bunch of defensive transfer prospects. :lol:
Chippy, Baybird, Ill flame and 1 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA should get rid of portal. As for NIL, If needed because of uninformed judges, politicans, etc, players should only use NIL for what it was intended for. It wasn't intended for rogue schools or sleezy street agents to buy players from other schools.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 9:29 pm NCAA should get rid of portal. As for NIL, If needed because of uninformed judges, politicans, etc, players should only use NIL for what it was intended for. It wasn't intended for rogue schools or sleezy street agents to buy players from other schools.
What are they uninformed on? And what is the intended purpose of NIL? I know you won’t answer because you never do but just thought I’d ask
By LUOrange
Has anyone heard if our players who have entered the portal are still going to play in the Fiesta Bowl? I'd imagine Chadwll will let them, especially since it's Jimmerson and some of our 2 nd string DL.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If I were them, I wouldn’t want to.

And if I were Jamey I wouldn’t want them to. But maybe on a case-by-case basis there would be an exception.
Purple Haize liked this
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Reminder. Be careful what you say about players on these boards. Marshall just lost their QB due to fan speak on their message boards 😳

Baybird liked this
By LUOrange
Kendy Charles just enetered, probably as a grad transfer. Anyone know if he was going to be healthy enough to play in PHX?
By Tnobes
Kendy Charles transferring surprises me, he loves the university, seemed very appreciative of the new staff and missed games because of injuries. Maybe being a graduate transfer he just thought his time here was done and looking forward to the next chapter. Great young man and great representative for the flames. I don't think he's transferring because of the school, coaches, playing time or looking for a "bigger stage" or $$$$
LUOrange, TH Spangler liked this
By rtb72
LUOrange wrote: December 6th, 2023, 10:43 am Has anyone heard if our players who have entered the portal are still going to play in the Fiesta Bowl? I'd imagine Chadwll will let them, especially since it's Jimmerson and some of our 2 nd string DL.
I just looked back at his transfer announcement and he posted, "still one more to finish w/ brothers". I'm guessing as it stands right now he is a go for the bowl. We can sure use him, that's for sure.
LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Why don't NCAA wait until January to open transfer portal ? Opening it first week in December is the worst possible time
:dontgetit
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 7:03 pm Why don't NCAA wait until January to open transfer portal ? Opening it first week in December is the worst possible time
:dontgetit
Most athletes are in college to play school and the spring semester starts in January. It makes the most sense to open it up from the time the season ends until spring semester starts and against after spring semester ends. I'm not sure when a better time would be.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, it's a tough one. I love the portal and think it's what is best for the athletes but the timing is pretty awful. But coaches are also leaving their teams before bowl games so here we are.
By LUOrange
IMO, athletes should not be able to enter the portal while their team is still playing. In the same manner, schools should not be able to contact Head Coaches about employment while their teams are still playing. Eliminating the December Signing Period would also help alleviate things as well.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I like the December signing period for high school recruits. Waiting until February allows the rogue schools more time to pay recruits to decommit
By Ill flame
I'm not against them making a rule that players are only allowed to transfer in December if their coach leaves, otherwise they have to wait until summer. There will still be a lot of transfers in December but it would make the summer transfer window the primary transfer window when players and coaches have more time to make informed decisions.
By LUOrange
Ill flame wrote: December 8th, 2023, 2:00 pm I'm not against them making a rule that players are only allowed to transfer in December if their coach leaves, otherwise they have to wait until summer. There will still be a lot of transfers in December but it would make the summer transfer window the primary transfer window when players and coaches have more time to make informed decisions.
I thought Freeze had the best idea to do away with Sprig practice and add them onto fall camp. Then replace the spring games with exhibitions in late summer. I think that along with what I suggested above would greatly improve the college game. Of course, what will it matter if this semi-pro subdivision comes into fruition.
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]