Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Wr group needs a lot of help. Little to no separation. Qb play wasnt terribly inspiring and looked just like last year for the most part. Lowe and Salter were the best. Some of the qb play problems may trace to our lack of talent at wr.
sstaedtler liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coach Chadwell is probably missing Grayson McCall in a big way! :(
Baybird liked this
By AATL
Ill flame wrote: April 16th, 2023, 3:21 pm The fact that we will apparently be looking for another QB in the portal tells me all I need to know about that position group.
I wonder if this is because he's anticipating losing one from that room to the portal. After a full spring of auditioning a totally new offense (and staff) and still without a clear promise of playing time, I would not be shocked to see that room reduce by one.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
AATL wrote: April 16th, 2023, 10:12 pm
Ill flame wrote: April 16th, 2023, 3:21 pm The fact that we will apparently be looking for another QB in the portal tells me all I need to know about that position group.
I wonder if this is because he's anticipating losing one from that room to the portal. After a full spring of auditioning a totally new offense (and staff) and still without a clear promise of playing time, I would not be shocked to see that room reduce by one.

I'm anticipating 1 or 2 of our QB's to enter the portal. My guesses would be JB and/or Hampton. As of right now, my money would be on Salter to be the starter. Of course, who knows who Chadwell may be able to bring in.

I did think all 4 had glimpses of good play, but I'd agree WR separation was an issue. Of course our D is still good too and our O is still learning a new system... Hopefully that kid from NB commits and we sign 2-3 WR's.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I read somewhere that Hampton earned the award for "Most Improved Quarterback" during spring practice. :shock: :fbplayer :clapping
LUOrange, Just John liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coastal had 4 football players enter the Transfer Portal this week, including a QB that Chadwell probably recruited.

https://www.on3.com/college/coastal-car ... ball/2023/
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By Ill flame
sstaedtler wrote: April 19th, 2023, 9:53 am My take is this is the worst WR group we have had since joining FBS by far and we have little depth to it, either. Have to hit portal hard.
Has it been mentioned yet that Shedro louis is transferring? He was our biggest hope to replace Douglas in the slot.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
A few comments:
- Apparently it was HCJC's call to put fanfest on the field and have it open throughout the whole game. What a great call. If his coaching decisions are as good as his fanbase/PR decisions, then we're in for a real treat.

- Kaidon Salter had a rough first series, but when he played with the 1st team offense, he looked pretty good. They ran a flea flicker and he hit the WR in the chest with the ball, but the WR didn't pull it in. I was watching Kaidon warm up and the ball had tight spirals and some zip on it - moreso than it seemed last year.

- JB looked good in the first series, but inconsistency and bad decisions seem to be plaguing him still.

- Not enough time to really evaluate Lowe yet, but he looks strong.

- Kicking game looks improved and our punter (#37), who is now on scholarship has a BOOT. It looks like we won't miss a beat in the punting game with Alves moving on.

- The D looks good and fast, same as last year... it just seems the depth isn't there in the front 7 like it was last year so hopefully we stay healthy.
LUOrange, sstaedtler, CCWMichael and 1 others liked this

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]