Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By YaySports
I am new here and appreciate the information / banter. I am married to an LU Flame and we have season football tickets. As an avid sports fan, especially college football, I enjoy digging into information when time permits. After reading Jon Manson's snap count article (thank you!), I was intrigued as to who may be returning for 2023. Below is the information I compiled.

One person I would like to know more about is OL Will Buchanan, a R-Sophomore in the transfer portal, but not showing with snaps last year...

DEFENSE / 2022 ROSTER YEAR / TRANSFER PORTAL
697 – S Rocket Rahimi / Junior / Yes
685 – DL Durrell Johnson / Senior
675 – S Javon Scruggs / Senior
669 – DL Kendy Charles / R-Sophomore
657 – CB Chris Megginson / Junior / Yes
634 – CB Kobe Singleton / R-Sophomore
626 – DL Dennis Osagiede / R-Senior
588 – LB Aakil Washington / R-Sophomore
566 – LB Ahmad Walker / Sophomore / Yes
546 – LB Mike Smith, Jr / R-Junior
482 – S Quinton Reese / R-Sophomore
481 – DL TreShaun Clark / Junior
380 – CB Daijahn Anthony / R-Junior
372 – LB Tyren Dupree / R-Junior
304 – DL Dre Butler / Senior / Yes
284 – DL Khristian Zachary / Sophomore
261 – DL Jay Hardy / R-Freshman
251 – DL Stephen Sings V / R-Sophomore
231 – S Brylan Green / Freshman
229 – S Juawan Treadwell / Senior
227 – CB Amarian Williams / R-Freshman
186 – S A’Khori Jones / Freshman
125 – DL Bryce Dixon / Freshman
122 – CB Preston Hodge / R-Freshman
89 – DL CJ Bazile / Freshman
80 – LB Jerome Jolly Jr. / R-Sophomore
13 – DL Chris Boti / Sophomore
10 – S Tim Coutras / Sophomore
10 – DL Marquise Brunson / R-Freshman / Yes
10 – S Jaylon Jimmerson / Junior
7 – CB Elijah Auguste / Freshman
7 – CB Dexter Ricks Jr. / Freshman
4 – LB Carl Poole / R-Sophomore / Yes
4 – DL Rashad Whitehead / R-Sophomore
3 – S Maurice Freeman / R-Freshman

OFFENSE / 2022 ROSTER YEAR / TRANSFER PORTAL
932 – OL X’Zauvea Gadlin / R-Senior
809 – OL Cam Reddy / R-Senior
786 – Brendan Schlittler / R-Junior
747 – OL Naasir Watkins / R-Senior
664 – WR Demario Douglas / R-Sophomore
606 – TE Jerome Jackson / R-Senior
567 – OL Jonathan Graham / R-Junior
528 – WR Noah Frith / R-Junior
526 – QB Johnathan Bennett / R-Junior
431 – RB Shedro Louis / Junior
423 – OL Cooper McCaw / R-Senior
346 – RB Dae Dae Hunter / R-Sophomore / Yes
337 – WR Caleb Snead / R-Senior
327 – QB Kaidon Salter / R-Freshman
317 – WR CJ Yarbrough / R-Junior
267 – TE Michael Bollinger / R-Senior
247 – WR Treon Sibley / R-Sophomore
238 – Bentley Hanshaw / R-Junior
156 – WR Jaivian Lofton / R-Junior / Yes
146 – TE Austin Henderson / R-Sophomore
143 – OL Jacob Bodden / R-Junior / Yes
136 – OL Reggie Young / R-Senior
125 – C John Kourtis / R-Junior
100 – WR CJ Daniels / R-Sophomore
100 – RB TJ Green / R-Senior
96 – WR Khaleb Coleman / R-Senior
48 – QB Nate Hampton / R-Freshman
42 – RB Malik Caper / R-Sophomore
31- QB Charlie Brewer / R-Senior
17- WR Cole Peterlin / Senior
9 – WR D’Wayne Crawford / R-Junior
4 – WR Kylen Austin / R-Freshman
Ill flame, stokesjokes, AATL liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 4th, 2023, 8:44 pmThere were a lot of words without a lot of pictures @Cider Jim could struggle
My favorite picture, which I saw on a beautiful green billboard in Charleston. Study

By Ill flame
Back to the original topic. I'm most concerned about the OL as things stand right now. The only ones we have coming back that received playing time are schlittler, Graham and kourtis. It's tough to judge that position group by recruiting rankings so I'm not sure how talented our younger guys are. I'm also not sure if the OL guys we have fit chadwells offensive system. It'll be interesting to see how the portal plays out in the end.
YaySports liked this
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Chadwell said in an interview that there are 7 “super seniors” on the OL next year so I am thinking Reddy, Young, and Gadlin should be back. On the roster they were listed as seniors but they were not recognized as seniors on senior day in the game vs NMSU. Could someone please confirm that.
By Ill flame
Losing reddy isn't a big deal since kourtis is ready to step into the center role. Getting Gadlin and young back would be huge. If that's the case it would still be nice to get another transfer for depth but we should be OK at OL if we stay healthy.
By Ill flame
Stevev wrote: January 5th, 2023, 3:44 pm I never knew Reddy declared for the nfl draft. I missed that Post. Didn’t think he was good enough
I can go on twitter and declare for the draft too but it doesn't mean a team would be dumb enough to take me. Sometimes I think these guys get their degree and are just ready for the next step in life despite having eligibility left which is understandable. He could better than I realized though.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
He could just be testing the waters to see if another year in college is necessary or not. But my guess is he's ready to move on and he's taking this step to see what happens. There's always other pro leagues that may give him a shot as well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The testing of the waters is pretty common to see what scouts are thinking about you. Sometimes that intel helps them be a better prospect the following year. Since Cam was a transfer it is difficult to get a read on what he might be thinking.

These are crazy days indeed.
By Ill flame
https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... 023-season

ESPN just released their returning production rankings for next year. We are ranked 104th primarily due to our defense being ranked 115 in returning production. Naturally this doesn't mean we'll be bad next year, there is just a strong correlation between returning production and regression/progression from the previous season. The article explains it well. It's safe to say our defense will regress at least a little bit but it should still be solid. I imagine the offense will improve but it's tough to say with a new scheme on that side of the ball. The talent on that side of the ball has never been deeper. I think the fact that we have multiple P5 transfers that didn't get much playing time but are ready to make an impact at the G5 level should help.For context we were ranked 111 last year and we did end up slightly regressing.
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:44 am https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... 023-season

ESPN just released their returning production rankings for next year. We are ranked 104th primarily due to our defense being ranked 115 in returning production. Naturally this doesn't mean we'll be bad next year, there is just a strong correlation between returning production and regression/progression from the previous season. The article explains it well. It's safe to say our defense will regress at least a little bit but it should still be solid. I imagine the offense will improve but it's tough to say with a new scheme on that side of the ball. The talent on that side of the ball has never been deeper. I think the fact that we have multiple P5 transfers that didn't get much playing time but are ready to make an impact at the G5 level should help.For context we were ranked 111 last year and we did end up slightly regressing.
Our offense was sketchy at best last year and our defense was exceptional with both starting LB’s in the lineup. ( major drop when either one missed action ). That position is my main concern for 23. Replacing Scruggs and Rahimi is my next concern.
By Ill flame
Last year we were 88th in time of possession. We had enough depth on defense that they were able to make up for it but i don't think we are going to be as deep this year. It'll definitely be more important that our offense sustains drives and keeps the defense off the field. Coastal carolina was ranked in the top 20 in t.o.p the last two years despite running less plays per game than liberty so chadwell seems to understand that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]