Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:58 am What's the gut feeling on CJ?
My gut is that he and KSalt were a packaged deal. When KS made a quick about face, CJ was busy enjoying the love from other schools. Kick the tires on some other offers but he is back to finish on the mountain next season. No harm in living it up on some other folks dime (my opinion only) during Christmas Break.
Yeah, I think that is what is going on here. He could visit somewhere and decides he really likes it but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:20 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:58 am What's the gut feeling on CJ?
My gut is that he and KSalt were a packaged deal. When KS made a quick about face, CJ was busy enjoying the love from other schools. Kick the tires on some other offers but he is back to finish on the mountain next season. No harm in living it up on some other folks dime (my opinion only) during Christmas Break.
Yeah, I think that is what is going on here. He could visit somewhere and decides he really likes it but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Super hard to project. We don't really know why Kaidon came back. I heard rumors that the NIL wasn't what he demanded as well as his credits wouldn't transfer (similar to what happened to McCall last year). People are also saying we ponied up the NIL money on our end. Of course it's entirely possible he just had a change of heart.

That being said, CJ may have none of those factors and it seems he may be more universally desired in P5 circles (you can play more than one receiver at a time). Every day that passes it feels more certain that he is gone to me (of course I have no inside information on the topic).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 8th, 2024, 2:19 pm Personally, I will be surprised if CJ is back next year. The allure of the schools he is visiting, especially Texas and Oregon, has to be incredibly tempting.
At Texas he’d have the next Manning Prodigy throwing to him
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 8th, 2024, 2:19 pm Personally, I will be surprised if CJ is back next year. The allure of the schools he is visiting, especially Texas and Oregon, has to be incredibly tempting.
At Texas he’d have the next Manning Prodigy throwing to him
Is Ewers leaving?
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 12:13 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:15 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:02 am

Scholarships are a 1 year deal. Leaving after that one year or not having it renewed after that year is not breaking your word.
I’m a big fan of loyalty and keeping your word. I’m a bigger fan of knowing the actual facts of a situation before you try to argue it. You have repeatedly shown you do not know the facts and have repeatedly rebuffed attempts by those who are knowledgeable to inform you of the facts.
Cool, so mack Brown recruited Vince Young to play one year and then cut him? that was his intention from the beginning? Strange, I think you would want someone to lock down the starting job for a couple of seasons for a little consistency. Weird
Vince young was on a 1 year scholarship. Just like every other scholarship player on that team. That seems to be the fact you cannot accept. Coaches always try to recruit players equal to or better than what they currently have on the roster That is another fact you cannot seem to accept.
Generally the expectation is that scholarships will be renewed. But that is not always the case. Every coach who recruits a player to their program has the expectation that things will work out. Some recruit (especially in basketball) knowing that the player will only be around for a year. In football some coaches know the player will on,y be around 2-3 years.
Once you acknowledge facts having a discussion is a lot easier
The exception is not the rule. First factual comment you made Richard.
By Tnobes
CJ is most likely not coming back, he will go P5 and be lucky to get 400 yards because he will be the 2nd option at best at the programs linked to him. But maybe he thinks it's worth it, he values the helmet school over stats possibly
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:21 am
So transferring is not like a DUI but college football is like slavery? I'll apologize to drunks when you apologize to slaves
No, not slavery. The US Supreme Court decided the National Letter of Intent was akin to indentured servitude. They are two different things. And with its decision, the Court changed the law.

To my knowledge, they have done no such thing to those convicted of DUI. And my hope was you would apologize to those who are victims of those convicted of DUI, not the drunks themselves.

Finally, I notice you conveniently left out those affected by marital infidelity.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:21 pm CJ is most likely not coming back, he will go P5 and be lucky to get 400 yards because he will be the 2nd option at best at the programs linked to him. But maybe he thinks it's worth it, he values the helmet school over stats possibly
You might be right. How do you know? Aren’t you the one who thought Salter was gone for good?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:18 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:15 am

Cool, so mack Brown recruited Vince Young to play one year and then cut him? that was his intention from the beginning? Strange, I think you would want someone to lock down the starting job for a couple of seasons for a little consistency. Weird
Vince young was on a 1 year scholarship. Just like every other scholarship player on that team. That seems to be the fact you cannot accept. Coaches always try to recruit players equal to or better than what they currently have on the roster That is another fact you cannot seem to accept.
Generally the expectation is that scholarships will be renewed. But that is not always the case. Every coach who recruits a player to their program has the expectation that things will work out. Some recruit (especially in basketball) knowing that the player will only be around for a year. In football some coaches know the player will on,y be around 2-3 years.
Who is Richard?
My statement is full of facts that you willingly choose to ignore. If you cannot acknowledge that athletic scholarships are indeed 1 year commitments then any other position you try to take is invalid.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:24 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:21 am
So transferring is not like a DUI but college football is like slavery? I'll apologize to drunks when you apologize to slaves
No, not slavery. The US Supreme Court decided the National Letter of Intent was akin to indentured servitude. They are two different things. And with its decision, the Court changed the law.

To my knowledge, they have done no such thing to those convicted of DUI. And my hope was you would apologize to those who are victims of those convicted of DUI, not the drunks themselves.

Finally, I notice you conveniently left out those affected by marital infidelity.
Yeah he’s backed off the marital infidelity position. Maybe he finally realizes it’s an untenable position :dontgetit
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Who is Richard?
My statement is full of facts that you willingly choose to ignore. If you cannot acknowledge that athletic scholarships are indeed 1 year commitments then any other position you try to take is invalid.
Richard, your personal attacks have no affect on me, I'm attacked personally by Ricky Gervais every week on Twitter. The fact scholarships need to be renewed every year is just a formality, coaches and players assume it's a 4 year deal, 5 if you redshirt. Coaches are not spending years recruiting a kid to have him leave or cut him year one, unless you are a generational talent which is not common. No way coach k wasn't renewing laettners scholarship every year, it was assumed to be renewed. As far as apologizing to those who have been a victim of marriage infidelity no thanks, they can look in the mirror
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Nobody is personally attacking you, they are simply asking you to acknowledge the FACT that a scholarship is a 1 year agreement. Since you can not do that, folks are not going to be able to have a serious conversation with you about transfers. Let alone the fact that the things you compared transferring to being so outlandish, like DUI. My sister-in-law still deals with the brain trauma caused by a drunk driver. My guess is nobody is dealing with any kind of real trauma by a kid deciding to go to a different school.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:40 pm

Who is Richard?
Richard, your personal attacks have no affect on me, I'm attacked personally by Ricky Gervais every week on Twitter. The fact scholarships need to be renewed every year is just a formality, coaches and players assume it's a 4 year deal, 5 if you redshirt. Coaches are not spending years recruiting a kid to have him leave or cut him year one, unless you are a generational talent which is not common. No way coach k wasn't renewing laettners scholarship every year, it was assumed to be renewed. As far as apologizing to those who have been a victim of marriage infidelity no thanks, they can look in the mirror
I think you quoted the wrong person. I don’t know who Richard is and I’ve made no personal attacks.
Are you now conceding you were wrong and athletic scholarships are indeed 1 year commitments? If so that destroys your original position that people are being unethical and UnChristian if they transfer.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Um, dude, you might need to seek out some help.

He might be tossing Richard around as an insult as well, to bypass the moderator.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:59 pm

He might be tossing Richard around as an insult as well, to bypass the moderator.
Or maybe he is confusing Ricky Gervais with someone on the Board :idea: He may refer to him as Richard in their weekly chats :dontgetit
By jmclaughlin
Ricky Gervais, DUI, Infidelity, Moral angst of collegiate athletes...Can we just ignore this dude and move on? Clowns don't get paid when they are ignored.
Just to try my hand at the bad analogy realm.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:42 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:59 pm

Or maybe he is confusing Ricky Gervais with someone on the Board :idea: He may refer to him as Richard in their weekly chats :dontgetit
Watching this develop over time is pretty entertaining. It seems a few have been sucked in to a dark hole in trying to use reason and rationale with this young man. My dad was a psychologist, well actually he was a bartender, but had the same conversations with his "patrons" you all are having with this young man. My dad's experience was related to me as I became an adult. He said "never argue with.............."
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know entertaining him is a waste of time, but it is part of the transfer discussion as he is far from the only person who feels the way he does. It is just fascinating to me to dig deeper into his reasoning. Plus, I have a lot of downtime these days at work. In fact, I wish I could transfer....see what I did there?
Purple Haize liked this
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:51 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:40 pm

Who is Richard?
I think you quoted the wrong person. I don’t know who Richard is and I’ve made no personal attacks.
Are you now conceding you were wrong and athletic scholarships are indeed 1 year commitments? If so that destroys your original position that people are being unethical and UnChristian if they transfer.
Richard, rich , dick, whatever you prefer to be called. You have done nothing but personal attacks starting with your ridiculous Jesus juke line. The fact that any player is at a school for 4 years proves scholarships are meant to be multiple year, being renewed yearly is a completely irrelevant argument, it's nothing but a formality. The fact you can't let this go is hilarious and fun. 🧌 I'd like to talk football if that's possible.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]