Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By AATL
Ill flame wrote: January 9th, 2023, 9:20 pm In other news we picked up that mediocre QB from USM. He has two years of elibility remaining. This has to be more of a depth move.

https://www.aseaofred.com/southern-miss ... o-liberty/
I think he's had the injury bug for much of his college career. Maybe this will be the year he's healthy and finds a groove. It seems like we're headed for another spring of a wide open QB1 competition.
By Tnobes
Risewithus wrote: January 9th, 2023, 5:01 pm Just throwing this out there for discussion, but do you also feel it is terrible for the schools to look out for themselves? They too should also do what is right no matter what the kids are doing also right? If you feel that way then fair enough. However if you only believe this from the kids point of view then I have to respectfully disagree.
Of course a school should honor their word and do what's right by the student. A school should be on the hook for 4 years for everyone they recruit regardless of what happens to the kid (injury, quits, etc) they should not be able to pull a scholarship from anyone they offered one to. but as a Christian you can't be like "well if they are going to do this, then I'll do that" now a secular school and non Christian athletes are going to screw each other, it's the way of the world. But we aren't of the world we don't play their games.
By Tnobes
ballcoach15 wrote: January 9th, 2023, 5:58 pm Yesterday I saw a photo on twitter of Hugh Freeze and some businessman pertaining to an NIL deal or something down on the plains.

Go to school, play your sport, get your degree and move on. That's what college is supposed to be.
Exactly. NIL is super dirty, makes college football feel like a brothel, I'd turn down NIL money if offered if I was a recruit, get your money when you're pro
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 9th, 2023, 10:38 pm
Risewithus wrote: January 9th, 2023, 5:01 pm Just throwing this out there for discussion, but do you also feel it is terrible for the schools to look out for themselves? They too should also do what is right no matter what the kids are doing also right? If you feel that way then fair enough. However if you only believe this from the kids point of view then I have to respectfully disagree.
Of course a school should honor their word and do what's right by the student. A school should be on the hook for 4 years for everyone they recruit regardless of what happens to the kid (injury, quits, etc) they should not be able to pull a scholarship from anyone they offered one to. but as a Christian you can't be like "well if they are going to do this, then I'll do that" now a secular school and non Christian athletes are going to screw each other, it's the way of the world. But we aren't of the world we don't play their games.
If a student-athlete decides to no longer honor their commitment, the institution should still honor their scholarship?

I give up; you’re a Troll, right?
flameshaw liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: January 9th, 2023, 10:49 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 9th, 2023, 10:38 pm
If a student-athlete decides to no longer honor their commitment, the institution should still honor their scholarship?

I give up; you’re a Troll, right?
They should still be on the hook for the scholarship, maybe they should do better vetting and recruit higher character kids, it would teach the coaches a lesson about recruiting solid individuals.
Nice try, a troll calling someone a troll.
Classic projection
By YaySports
Coming to a mountain near you...
Errol Rogers, Jr. - 5'11", 196 lb, WR from Louisiana. Cumulative stats show 57 passes caught for 503 yards and 2 TDs. Transferring to LU with 2 years eligibility remaining.

Thoughts on this addition??
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 9th, 2023, 9:20 pm In other news we picked up that former P5 QB from WVU who most recently played for USM.

FIFY :fbplayer :fineprint
LUOrange liked this
By Kiwon
Tnobes wrote: January 9th, 2023, 10:43 pm
Ill flame wrote: January 9th, 2023, 9:20 pm In other news we picked up that mediocre QB from USM. He has two years of elibility remaining. This has to be more of a depth move.

His stats are super unimpressive. Maybe he's got some hidden talent chadwell thinks he can get out of him, otherwise it's a waste.
He made some nice throws in USM's bowl game.

By Tnobes
Kiwon wrote: January 10th, 2023, 10:48 am
Tnobes wrote: January 9th, 2023, 10:43 pm

His stats are super unimpressive. Maybe he's got some hidden talent chadwell thinks he can get out of him, otherwise it's a waste.
He made some nice throws in USM's bowl game.

I just looked up his bio and his high school stats were pretty good, I guess we will see during spring ball what kind of QB he is, he will get a chance.
By CCWMichael
YaySports wrote: January 9th, 2023, 11:16 pm Coming to a mountain near you...
Errol Rogers, Jr. - 5'11", 196 lb, WR from Louisiana. Cumulative stats show 57 passes caught for 503 yards and 2 TDs. Transferring to LU with 2 years eligibility remaining.

Thoughts on this addition??
At just a glance at the stats appears to be a solid slot receiver.
By Ill flame

It's been a good last couple days in the portal. With dae dae back and added depth at WR and QB we are probably one good OL transfer away from having a better offense than last year. As things stand now I think our DL and secondary will be OK but I'd like to see more depth. Linebacker remains our biggest need by far.
LUOrange, Baybird liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
It looks like Chadwell and co. will do just fine recruiting out of the portal. And why shouldn't they? In many cases we have better facilities and support programs than many of the P5/high-level G5 schools these kids are coming from. We can't control losing the Walker's and Smith's, but I believe the investments we've made over the past 10 years will pay dividends in the transfer portal environment in particular where these guys are making decisions on a shorter timeframe.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

He’s the exception to the rule. Opposing […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]