Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:54 pm I know entertaining him is a waste of time, but it is part of the transfer discussion as he is far from the only person who feels the way he does. It is just fascinating to me to dig deeper into his reasoning. Plus, I have a lot of downtime these days at work. In fact, I wish I could transfer....see what I did there?
At this point it’s apparent that he is Trolling. And will in the future be dealt with as such.
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:58 pm
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:54 pm I know entertaining him is a waste of time, but it is part of the transfer discussion as he is far from the only person who feels the way he does. It is just fascinating to me to dig deeper into his reasoning. Plus, I have a lot of downtime these days at work. In fact, I wish I could transfer....see what I did there?
At this point it’s apparent that he is Trolling. And will in the future be dealt with as such.
You are projecting, but it's ok Richie
By Tnobes
Purple Haize wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:58 pm
That a consistent Christian worldview is considered trolling is very telling. I think I'll go on the other topics since it's clear haizey has hijacked this one. You like transferring, I think transferring is bad for football and the kids are learning bad habits by going to 3 schools in 3 years. We aren't going to agree on that
Last edited by Tnobes on January 8th, 2024, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You guys should exchange private messages and slowly develop a beautiful relationship.

Anyways, it is too bad you can't admit you're wrong. You were given plenty of opportunities to do so . You are right about one thing, it is time to move on.

Hopefully we get a final decision from CJ soon and then we can move on from this annual debate about the transfer portal.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:21 pm You guys should exchange private messages and slowly develop a beautiful relationship.

Anyways, it is too bad you can't admit you're wrong. You were given plenty of opportunities to do so . You are right about one thing, it is time to move on.

Hopefully we get a final decision from CJ soon and then we can move on from this annual debate about the transfer portal.
Can you point out where I was wrong? Happy to admit it if I was indeed wrong. I think God doesn't like divorce, DUIs or lying, I'll reread my Bible and see if I am wrong about that. I also think transferring is not a good thing for football, you people disagree. I have no interest in being friends with a guy like Richard and if you answer me Richard will just post again and it will never end.
Last edited by Tnobes on January 8th, 2024, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jmclaughlin
If I can't portal, I can't portal man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about portal. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about portal. I mean, listen, we're talking about portal, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about portal. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about portal, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about portal. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about portal man. What are we talking about? portal? We're talking about portal, man. We're talking about portal. We're talking about portal. We ain't talking about the game. We're talking about portal, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about portal right now. We talking about portal....
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote:
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:21 pm You guys should exchange private messages and slowly develop a beautiful relationship.

Can you point out where I was wrong? Happy to admit it if I was indeed wrong. I think God doesn't like divorce, DUIs or lying, I'll reread my Bible and see if I am wrong about that. I also think transferring is not a good thing for football, you people disagree. I have no interest in being friends with a guy like Richard and if you answer me Richard will just post again and it will never end.
Scholarships are a 1 year deal for all non P5 Schools (Liberty). The rules for P5 schools are a little different due to changes made by those conferences a few year ago. P5 schools offer 4 year scholarships as opposed to the 1 year scholarships that non P5 schools give out. So therefore, after you do your year you have no obligation to the school. So even by your logic, that shouldn't compromise one's christian standards.

There is google that is free to use, but here you go...some myths about college athletics scholarships, it took 5 seconds to find.

https://universitysports.com/n/the-trut ... holarships
By Tnobes
I never claimed scholarships didn't need to get renewed yearly, read my posts and show where I said that. But needing to get renewed yearly is a big stretch to claiming it's a one year commitment. The understanding between coaches and recruiters is that you will both be there multiple years. I will never see it your way because the existence of 4 year starters is an actual thing. I'll stick by my original claim that transferring is not good for players or football, you can celebrate what NIL and transfer portal has done, I'm not going to
By Tnobes
Yacht Rock wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:59 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:18 pm
Richard, your personal attacks have no affect on me, I'm attacked personally by Ricky Gervais every week on Twitter. The fact scholarships need to be renewed every year is just a formality, coaches and players assume it's a 4 year deal, 5 if you redshirt. Coaches are not spending years recruiting a kid to have him leave or cut him year one, unless you are a generational talent which is not common. No way coach k wasn't renewing laettners scholarship every year, it was assumed to be renewed. As far as apologizing to those who have been a victim of marriage infidelity no thanks, they can look in the mirror
Um, dude, you might need to seek out some help.

He might be tossing Richard around as an insult as well, to bypass the moderator.
Bingo. I call a fellow pastor at our quarterly pastor meetings Richard, then some people will just think I have his name wrong and others will know exactly what I mean
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:53 pm I never claimed scholarships didn't need to get renewed yearly, read my posts and show where I said that. But needing to get renewed yearly is a big stretch to claiming it's a one year commitment. The understanding between coaches and recruiters is that you will both be there multiple years. I will never see it your way because the existence of 4 year starters is an actual thing. I'll stick by my original claim that transferring is not good for players or football, you can celebrate what NIL and transfer portal has done, I'm not going to
You compared it to breaking wedding vows man, that is exactly what you were saying.

My main problem with your post was you somehow equated it to poor Christian values. I don't agree that the transfer portal and NIL is bad for college athletics but I can at least understand where you are coming from. But saying it is somehow poor character or against Biblical values? That is taking it too far and that is why I didn't let it drop nearly as fast as I do when others talk about it being bad for college athletics.
By jmclaughlin
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:56 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:18 pm
Richard, your personal attacks have no affect on me, I'm attacked personally by Ricky Gervais every week on Twitter. The fact scholarships need to be renewed every year is just a formality, coaches and players assume it's a 4 year deal, 5 if you redshirt. Coaches are not spending years recruiting a kid to have him leave or cut him year one, unless you are a generational talent which is not common. No way coach k wasn't renewing laettners scholarship every year, it was assumed to be renewed. As far as apologizing to those who have been a victim of marriage infidelity no thanks, they can look in the mirror

He might be tossing Richard around as an insult as well, to bypass the moderator.
Bingo. I call a fellow pastor at our quarterly pastor meetings Richard, then some people will just think I have his name wrong and others will know exactly what I mean
Sounds like you are the Richard in this situation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:57 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:53 pm I never claimed scholarships didn't need to get renewed yearly, read my posts and show where I said that. But needing to get renewed yearly is a big stretch to claiming it's a one year commitment. The understanding between coaches and recruiters is that you will both be there multiple years. I will never see it your way because the existence of 4 year starters is an actual thing. I'll stick by my original claim that transferring is not good for players or football, you can celebrate what NIL and transfer portal has done, I'm not going to
You compared it to breaking wedding vows man, that is exactly what you were saying.

My main problem with your post was you somehow equated it to poor Christian values. I don't agree that the transfer portal and NIL is bad for college athletics but I can at least understand where you are coming from. But saying it is somehow poor character or against Biblical values? That is taking it too far and that is why I didn't let it drop nearly as fast as I do when others talk about it being bad for college athletics.
You know who was never wrong? Jesus. So if he were to admit he was wrong he would be admitting he was not Christ-like. So it’s on brand for him not to admit he was wrong
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 6:14 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:56 pm

Sounds like you are the Richard in this situation.
Sounds like he’s skirting the rules. Definitely the intent. I mean I’ve talked to @thepostman and @JK37 and neither of the are called Richard or any variation thereof. So he’s obviously flaunting the Rules. :lol:
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:57 pm

Yea I think "too far" was a few exit ramps ago. It's one thing to agree to disagree. But the whole "college student believes God is leading him or her to another school = killing innocent victims with your car" is....something. But okay, I guess we need legislation to place these transfers behind bars for 20 to life? I'll call up Rep Good to get started on this asap!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:55 pm The fact that any player is at a school for 4 years proves scholarships are meant to be multiple year
Does the fact that any player is at a school for 1 year prove that scholarships are not meant to be multi-year?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:11 pm I think transferring is bad for football and the kids are learning bad habits by going to 3 schools in 3 years. We aren't going to agree on that
I agree with you.
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:26 pm
Can you point out where I was wrong? Happy to admit it if I was indeed wrong. I think God doesn't like divorce, DUIs or lying. I also think transferring is not a good thing for football
I agree with you on the first. Sometimes I agree with you on the second. But sometimes it is good. Sometimes everyone involved is better for the transfer. Kid gets to go where they want and be happy, coach gets to open up a scholarship for someone who really wants to be there. Win-win.

Does God still dislike it?

Would you concede it isn’t lying if coaches said up-front the offer was only for one year? Or if players said they were only coming for one year, then reevaluate?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:53 pm The understanding between coaches and recruiters is that you will both be there multiple years. I will never see it your way because the existence of 4 year starters is an actual thing. I'll stick by my original claim that transferring is not good for players or football, you can celebrate what NIL and transfer portal has done, I'm not going to
I think you misspoke here. The understanding to which you are referring is between coaches and recruits. Recruiters are coaches at the college level.

You mention “multilple” here. Would you be ok if a player waited at least two years before transferring, or must a student-athlete always expire their eligibility at one institution?

Furthermore, your original claim wasn’t that transferring is not good for players or coaches; rather it was that transferring is always amoral and akin to drunk driving and marital infidelity. Maybe you were being hyperbolic?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:56 pm I call a fellow pastor at our quarterly pastor meetings Richard, then some people will just think I have his name wrong and others will know exactly what I mean
Honest question: In your mind, how does name-calling square with the Bible?
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:32 pm
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:55 pm The fact that any player is at a school for 4 years proves scholarships are meant to be multiple year
Does the fact that any player is at a school for 1 year prove that scholarships are not meant to be multi-year?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:11 pm I think transferring is bad for football and the kids are learning bad habits by going to 3 schools in 3 years. We aren't going to agree on that
I agree with you.
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:26 pm
Can you point out where I was wrong? Happy to admit it if I was indeed wrong. I think God doesn't like divorce, DUIs or lying. I also think transferring is not a good thing for football
I agree with you on the first. Sometimes I agree with you on the second. But sometimes it is good. Sometimes everyone involved is better for the transfer. Kid gets to go where they want and be happy, coach gets to open up a scholarship for someone who really wants to be there. Win-win.

Does God still dislike it?

Would you concede it isn’t lying if coaches said up-front the offer was only for one year? Or if players said they were only coming for one year, then reevaluate?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:53 pm The understanding between coaches and recruiters is that you will both be there multiple years. I will never see it your way because the existence of 4 year starters is an actual thing. I'll stick by my original claim that transferring is not good for players or football, you can celebrate what NIL and transfer portal has done, I'm not going to
I think you misspoke here. The understanding to which you are referring is between coaches and recruits. Recruiters are coaches at the college level.

You mention “multilple” here. Would you be ok if a player waited at least two years before transferring, or must a student-athlete always expire their eligibility at one institution?

Furthermore, your original claim wasn’t that transferring is not good for players or coaches; rather it was that transferring is always amoral and akin to drunk driving and marital infidelity. Maybe you were being hyperbolic?
Tnobes wrote: January 8th, 2024, 5:56 pm I call a fellow pastor at our quarterly pastor meetings Richard, then some people will just think I have his name wrong and others will know exactly what I mean
Honest question: In your mind, how does name-calling square with the Bible?
I'm not going to address transferring anymore, haizey doesn't like it. As far as name calling goes, Jesus called people "sons of hell" and vipers so I think I'm good there. Saint Nicolas punched a guy in the face for heresy and he's jolly old saint nick. We need more of both in the current church
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ahhh so we can be jerks to people for whatever we want...of course that is taking those things complete out of context but who cares as long as it justifies your thoughts on transferring!!?? God loves it when people who claim His names use His word to serve our fleshly desires...

Of course we all know who have studied the word that what bothered Jesus more than anything waa the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. Religious leaders of that time. These were men who people trusted for Godly council. Not quite the same as a 19 year old deciding to go to a different college. Being unkind towards those kids making those decisions is not the same as how Jesus dealt with the Pharisees. Not even close.

But don't take my word for it. Seek Godly council because somewhere along the line you have misunderstood the message of the gospel.

Here is a great sermon series from Tim Keller on the fruit of the Spirit. It really helped shaped my walk and my understanding of the fruit of the Spirit and what Godly kindness looks like.

https://gospelinlife.com/series/fruit-of-the-spirit/

I am not always where I should be and sometimes react to harshly when I have strong opinions. If I did that towards you with that whole thing. I do apologize.

With that, this is my last response to you about this. I do hope you look back at some of the things you've said and see how damaging it can be for the cause of Christ. Especially for non-believers that may be lurking on this forum.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:Santa Clause punched a guy in the schnoz? I did not know that.
You didn’t know that cuz it’s likely not a real thing. The first documentation that that happened was a thousand years after he died. If it were true it seems like something that there would be a record of before that.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: January 9th, 2024, 2:51 pm
You didn’t know that cuz it’s likely not a real thing. The first documentation that that happened was a thousand years after he died. If it were true it seems like something that there would be a record of before that.
Sarcasm. Just playing around. Who even says stuff like that? Santa Clause? What?

"Well, ya know, um, even jolly 'ol Saint Nick tapped his inner Will Smith once...and ya know, Church needs that...Bruh."
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:
Kricket wrote: January 9th, 2024, 2:51 pm
Sarcasm. Just playing around. Who even says stuff like that? Santa Clause? What?

"Well, ya know, um, even jolly 'ol Saint Nick tapped his inner Will Smith once...and ya know, Church needs that...Bruh."
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. Just pointing out that it likely isn't a true story and shouldn't be cited as an example as to why we should be pardoned for calling people names on sports message boards.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]