Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Non-frosted Pop Tarts are so 1960s. The hippies probably ate those at Woodstock. :pbjtime
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 6th, 2024, 5:53 pm Non-frosted Pop Tarts are so 1960s. The hippies probably ate those at Woodstock. :pbjtime
Non frosted Stawberry pop tarts are an American Culinary masterpiece
By AATL
LUOrange wrote: January 6th, 2024, 8:21 pm
Shame, even if not surprising. I wish him the best and hope he can find somewhere to keep up both sports.

He has a lot of talent and a big arm, and I was impressed by an interview he did around the time of his commitment. He landed in a Malik-in-Tennessee-esque situation here though: the veteran starter is coming back, the front office/offensive staff that selected you were cleaned out and replaced upon your arrival, and the new staff just recruited "their guy" behind you.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: January 6th, 2024, 5:41 pm CJ has been busy this weekend ...

Friday: Auburn
Saturday: Florida
Sunday: Texas

Coming soon: Oregon
CJ clearly has the talent to compete in the SEC. That said I have lived in Tuscaloosa and now in the Auburn area. Auburn, even with HCHF, is not for their players. They are for Auburn and Hugh is for Hugh. (See the way the recent OC was made a scape goat and then fired) He is not going to find the environment and support system he has at LU at any of these schools. On the flip side, if he does well he will be a god (small g) in the SEC fan base he plays for.
By Ill flame
LB Olan Robinson also entered the portal. He was one of our higher rated recruits in the last recruiting class and redshirted. I can't imagine he'll find much playing time anywhere at the FBS level as a redshirt freshman if he can't get it here. Depth isn't exactly our strength anywhere on defense.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I’m not holding out hope for CJ to return. He catches everything. Im not surprised Oregon took notice either. He would do well there or Texas. Auburn though… I’m not sure how any player from last year could go play for him.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Butter? That’s a bridge too far!
I could *maybe* see butter on a non frosted pop tart.
And coronary shmoronary. No one wants to die healthy :D :D
[/quote]

Oh man. Toasted pop tart with butter on the underside of a frosted pop tart is *chefs kiss*. I grew up snacking on those haha. You have to give it a try.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Once CJ gets the burnt orange treatment today, they will become the primary competitor for his services.

I agree that CJ is SEC-worthy and if he lands at one of those schools, there is little we can do. But I cam still holing out some hope for his return. Not much, but I haven't given up yet.
By LU 57
No real science to back it up but it seems more often than not that the FCS and JUCO call-ups are better than the P5 transfers in aggregate. Might have something to do with a lot of late bloomers with great talent ending up in FCS.
Liberty22, Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
LU 57 wrote: January 7th, 2024, 12:36 pm No real science to back it up but it seems more often than not that the FCS and JUCO call-ups are better than the P5 transfers in aggregate. Might have something to do with a lot of late bloomers with great talent ending up in FCS.
I think part of it is because the P5 transfers we get tend to be underclassmen that still have developing to do. Meanwhile we rarely sign a FCS player that we don't think will contribute right away.
LU 57, Chippy liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:09 pm Does this mean KS is a Christian again?

Asking for a friend
@Tnobes be losing his $hit now! And I’m here for it!! :shock:

Cmon, @Tnobes how you gonna square this circle? :lol:
I'm not losing anything. I Don't see how this changes anything, if you get a DUI and then go through AA, you still have that DUI, that fact doesn't change. The things you do in life don't get erased
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: January 7th, 2024, 6:41 pm
JK37 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:15 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 5th, 2024, 10:09 pm Does this mean KS is a Christian again?

Asking for a friend
@Tnobes be losing his $hit now! And I’m here for it!! :shock:

Cmon, @Tnobes how you gonna square this circle? :lol:
I'm not losing anything. I Don't see how this changes anything, if you get a DUI and then go through AA, you still have that DUI, that fact doesn't change. The things you do in life don't get erased
The Gospel of Jesus Christ says otherwise.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2024, 6:44 pm Transferring to another school shouldn't be compared to a DUI. One is trying to find the best fit fo you as a student athlete, the other is literally putting others in danger.

You are not a serious person.
Fortunately you can get a DUI expunged from your record!

https://www.tkevinwilsonlawyer.com/libr ... onvictions.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes, maybe you should consider a message board called The Fighting Fundamenatist Forum. I believe you would fit in there very nicely. Heck, even one of the crazy LU Bored members slinks by there every now and then. They don't even erase things over there either, as far as I know.
This is a place to discuss sports, not KJVO, DUI with grape juice or real wine and other nonsense. :roll: :roll:
By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 7th, 2024, 6:44 pm Transferring to another school shouldn't be compared to a DUI. One is trying to find the best fit fo you as a student athlete, the other is literally putting others in danger.

You are not a serious person.
Inappropriate post for a "moderator"
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]