Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
thepostman wrote: January 9th, 2024, 2:13 pm Ahhh so we can be jerks to people for whatever we want...of course that is taking those things complete out of context but who cares as long as it justifies your thoughts on transferring!!?? God loves it when people who claim His names use His word to serve our fleshly desires...

Of course we all know who have studied the word that what bothered Jesus more than anything waa the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. Religious leaders of that time. These were men who people trusted for Godly council. Not quite the same as a 19 year old deciding to go to a different college. Being unkind towards those kids making those decisions is not the same as how Jesus dealt with the Pharisees. Not even close.

But don't take my word for it. Seek Godly council because somewhere along the line you have misunderstood the message of the gospel.

Here is a great sermon series from Tim Keller on the fruit of the Spirit. It really helped shaped my walk and my understanding of the fruit of the Spirit and what Godly kindness looks like.

https://gospelinlife.com/series/fruit-of-the-spirit/

I am not always where I should be and sometimes react to harshly when I have strong opinions. If I did that towards you with that whole thing. I do apologize.

With that, this is my last response to you about this. I do hope you look back at some of the things you've said and see how damaging it can be for the cause of Christ. Especially for non-believers that may be lurking on this forum.
Thanks. We will never agree about this and probably don't agree on much about Christianity either. I don't consider Tim Keller to be Bible believing Christian after his open and affirming stance, and now I will probably get attacked for that so hopefully not because that will be a whole nother wormhole. But I get what you are saying about the fruit of the spirit. I listen to voddie baucham, ken ham, Alistair Begg, John MacArthur, Beckett cook, Milo and others as well as my own seminary education. I'll try to be "nice" (although I don't see that as a Christian value), people in society like it. Back to football. Thanks again and we shall now as elsa says "let it go" :D
By Baybird
[/quote]
Tnobes wrote:Thanks. We will never agree about this and probably don't agree on much about Christianity either. I don't consider Tim Keller to be Bible believing Christian after his open and affirming stance, and now I will probably get attacked for that so hopefully not because that will be a whole nother wormhole. But I get what you are saying about the fruit of the spirit. I listen to voddie baucham, ken ham, Alistair Begg, John MacArthur, Beckett cook, Milo and others as well as my own seminary education. I'll try to be "nice" (although I don't see that as a Christian value), people in society like it. Back to football. Thanks again and we shall now as elsa says "let it go" :D

With that rationale, you better scratch Alistair off your list...he too evidently has gone into the pit of the false believers as he made this comment regarding Tim: "We join our brothers and sisters around the world in mourning the death of Tim Keller. He was, for many of us, an example of sanctified scholarship and pastoral care. His skill in bridging the gap between the truth of the Bible and the skeptical mind was unmatched. We extend our sympathy to his wife Kathy, their sons, and their wider family. There is no question Tim will be greatly missed—but what a legacy he has left us in his writing and in the quality of his life" (May 2023).
Last edited by Baybird on January 9th, 2024, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
An older friend that I trust told me that CJ Daniels signed yesterday with either Oregon or Oregon State, but I can't find that when I search the transfer portal websites.
Any help to confirm or deny that? :dontgetit
By Ill flame
Cider Jim wrote: January 11th, 2024, 5:46 pm An older friend that I trust told me that CJ Daniels signed yesterday with either Oregon or Oregon State, but I can't find that when I search the transfer portal websites.
Any help to confirm or deny that? :dontgetit
Singleton signed with Oregon state. Are you sure he wasn't talking about him?
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I thought LSU was already loaded at that position. Maybe I'm wrong. My FIL is a huge LSU fan. The type that sees someone wearing a purple shirt from behind (mind you he lives in VA) and he walks up to them assuming they're an LSU fan.
By Ill flame
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 12th, 2024, 10:59 am I thought LSU was already loaded at that position. Maybe I'm wrong. My FIL is a huge LSU fan. The type that sees someone wearing a purple shirt from behind (mind you he lives in VA) and he walks up to them assuming they're an LSU fan.
What I've read from LSU fans is they have a ton of talent at WR but they are unproven. They needed someone in that room that was a proven commodity which is why they went after CJ. It kind of sucks to lose him but with all of the other talent we have coming back on offense we are going to score points with or without him.
By Ill flame
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 13th, 2024, 8:15 pm Who does LSU have to throw the ball to him? That Nussmeier kid? KSalt gets the ball to CJ. Not sure about LSU but w/e.
Nussmeier did well against Wisconsin in the bowl game and is a blue chip recruit, he'll be fine. Reality is we are a run first offense and CJ will have the ball in his hands much more in LSUs offensive scheme. Hard to blame the guy for this decision.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
It is surprising we have not gained more momentum coming off the bowl game but I give our coaching staff credit for hanging in there. We picked up some of our better transfers late in the process last year. Maybe we can see that again. Maybe we can pick up some all star academic help too. ;)
He will be the #1 receiver with a team that loves Him and coaching staff that wants Him and needs Him. More than that, where will he be challenged to grow in Godliness daily, LSPOO, any P5 school or at LU. Growing in Godliness is the lone purpose of life and that is what CJ needs more than anything including more money.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: January 13th, 2024, 10:55 pm He will be the #1 receiver with a team that loves Him and coaching staff that wants Him and needs Him. More than that, where will he be challenged to grow in Godliness daily, LSPOO, any P5 school or at LU. Growing in Godliness is the lone purpose of life and that is what CJ needs more than anything including more money.
I agree and being a Christian on a secular Campus will give him that growth opportunity. Playing as a WR1, or WR2 on a Top SEC football team will give him that exposure to spread his testimony. LSU coaching staff obviously wants and needs him.
The fact he’s going to possibly get more money is just an extra blessing!
LUOrange liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:It is surprising we have not gained more momentum coming off the bowl game but I give our coaching staff credit for hanging in there. We picked up some of our better transfers late in the process last year. Maybe we can see that again. Maybe we can pick up some all star academic help too. ;)
I thought this as well. It’s part of why I wasn’t keen on an NY6, because the risks of a blowout loss in front of 5 million sets of eyes is not a positive imho.

However, re: recruiting, we ended up returning probably 80% of our starters on O (all RBs, 4/6 OL), TEs, etc. the only question mark is WR, but Donte Lee seems like he could be good, plus we get the kids from Nebraska/WV back healthy. I really want to see Fortenberry figure it out too. He has the size but in his limited game action, he’s seemed to drop some that could’ve been caught.

Biggest needs are on D. We have to be better on that side of the ball and we lost both starting CBs and one of our starting safeties. I’m curious to see how the visits from the past weekend went? Those kids kind of have to move pretty quickly…
LUOrange liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
More people have heard of Liberty University now than ever before.

Had Liberty not played in the fiesta bowl, fewer people would know the name of the mission of the university. That has to count for something.
Cider Jim liked this
By Ill flame
With the exception of Jahmar Jackson out of coastal who is likely just a stopgap depth linebacker, I like the talent we have brought in so far. DT Eli Hall out of Wake Forest was a 4* recruit out of high school, has 3 years of eligibility remaining and should develop into an impact player on the D Line for us. LB Teylor Jackson out of ECU should be one of our best players on defense next season. WR Donte Lee had multiple P5s wanting him up to the day he committed to us and will likely be one of our leading receivers next season. If we still haven't added 2-3 more defensive transfers that are good enough to plug into our 2 deep by the summer I think it would be time for chadwell to reevaluate his defensive staff but there's a lot of time between now and then.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]