Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
LUalum12 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 11:25 am That would be Jack Curtis Co-DC under the old staff. He might be the new DC for the incoming staff.
I hope this is true. Curtis' defenses at Tulane weren't impressive but they were better than CCUs defenses during the chadwell era. He's certainly qualified for the job. I just don't want anyone that played a part in that abysmal secondary at CCU this year.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
As the coastal board pointed out, it looks like Teddy Gallagher is coming too based on all the Liberty accounts he started following and liking Liberty recruits offers.
By TLocke88
Cider Jim wrote: December 30th, 2022, 10:51 am Damien's article dropped the names of all 8 coaches (including Chadwell)--6 from Coastal and one each from WVU and Mizzzo. Probably three openings left, and Chadwell hinted that was those would likely be hires from the previous coach's staff.

https://newsadvance.com/eedition/page-b ... 10677.html

Is one of our co-DCs still around? What was his name? :dontgetit
I don't have access to this. Which coaches would that be?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
TLocke88 wrote: December 30th, 2022, 1:05 pm
Cider Jim wrote: December 30th, 2022, 10:51 am Damien's article dropped the names of all 8 coaches (including Chadwell)--6 from Coastal and one each from WVU and Mizzzo. Probably three openings left, and Chadwell hinted that was those would likely be hires from the previous coach's staff.

https://newsadvance.com/eedition/page-b ... 10677.html

Is one of our co-DCs still around? What was his name? :dontgetit
I don't have access to this. Which coaches would that be?
Co-offensive coordinators Will Korn (quarterbacks) and Newland Isaac (running backs), offensive line coach Bill Durkin, defensive line coach Skylor Magee and player personnel director/pro liaison Colton Korn were five members of Chadwell’s staff at Coastal that reportedly are joining him at Liberty.

West Virginia wide receivers coach Tony Washington and Missouri special teams analyst Kyle Krantz are joining in on-field roles. Washington will oversee the wide receivers, and Krantz will handle special teams.
By Ill flame

All but the DB coach are finally announced. Jack Curtis stays on as co-DC. The new DL coach will also be co-DC and is the only defensive coach being brought over from CCU which is nice to see. Seems like a given the DB coach will be an outside hire.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know that he's more of a chaplain than a coach, but I just hope we keep Dr. Ed Gomes on the payroll in some capacity. :pray
Last edited by Cider Jim on December 31st, 2022, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty_2023, michaeleyou, Just John and 2 others liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im old enough to remember when it was said that he wouldnt take the GT job unless he could bring Staggs and his defensive staff with him. He retained curtis and promoted bala who is a rising star and tried to retain JA. Basically the exact opposite of what GT tried to float out there. He only brought Magee
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 30th, 2022, 9:26 pm Im old enough to remember when it was said that he wouldnt take the GT job unless he could bring Staggs and his defensive staff with him. He retained curtis and promoted bala who is a rising star and tried to retain JA. Basically the exact opposite of what GT tried to float out there. He only brought Magee
LU is also paying more than GT. There might have been conditions he was willing to agree to since the money was better
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 31st, 2022, 10:22 am I dont think we put any of those conditions on him. He knew he only had 1 defensive coach.
You could be right. He may have realized he needed to go a different direction defensively since the GT experience and this was the perfect opportunity
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Not sure, but I'd be in favor of that. I'd also be in favor of one of these 3 guys: (I do not know where they stand spiritually which matters most)

Mike MItchell - Former DB in the NFL for 9 years and is the Assistant DB coach for the Colts (I imagine he'll be looking for a new job soon).

Bob Shrader - DB coach at UAB and has not been retained (yet) by Trent Dilfer. They were ranked in the top 25 2 out of the last 3 years in 'Passing Yards Allowed' per game.

THE Manny Rojas - DC/DB coach at Delware. Oh, and my all-time favorite LB in LU history.
By Tnobes
I wonder what the hold up is with the DB coach hire, perhaps an NFL guy who is still coaching? Because most college coaches seasons are done. I'd be good if Eubanks stays on but doubt that would take this long
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not sure if Chadwell would have been interested if the timing had been different, but a coach who has been much discussed here as a HC candidate just became available. Dabo Sweeney has fired Brandon Streeter and hired Garrett Riley as OC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wow. I find that kinda surprising. Streeter was supposed to be a rising star. The timing seems odd too

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]