Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By BlueBlood
Did they send the Auburn football trailer? I know Penn State has been known to send their football trailer to move new coaches out of their old homes. It can ruffle a few feathers.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would guess it's automatic, unless he chooses to live someplace else. it's probably in contact. House was probably built for head :football coach.
But I think today's van is moving former coach out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
WVU had 1 year left at that gig. LU has multiple years left in this gig. Rather have a sure thing for several years at LU then know I’ll be searching next year
CCWMichael, Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:44 pm WVU had 1 year left at that gig. LU has multiple years left in this gig. Rather have a sure thing for several years at LU then know I’ll be searching next year
I don't know much about WVU so this makes sense. Better to jump off a sinking ship on his own terms instead of going down with the ship. Shouldn't take him too long to get back to the P5 level with his recruiting abilities.
Purple Haize liked this
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:44 pm WVU had 1 year left at that gig. LU has multiple years left in this gig. Rather have a sure thing for several years at LU then know I’ll be searching next year
I don't know much about WVU so this makes sense. Better to jump off a sinking ship on his own terms instead of going down with the ship. Shouldn't take him too long to get back to the P5 level with his recruiting abilities.
Not to be snarky, but that link only shows 2 four star kids the rest are 3 star. I'm not sure that is terrific recruiting, is it an incomplete list?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:47 pmBingo haize

I’m smarter than @Cider Jim looks :wink:
Cider Jim liked this
By AATL
Tnobes wrote: December 27th, 2022, 10:13 pm Not to be snarky, but that link only shows 2 four star kids the rest are 3 star. I'm not sure that is terrific recruiting, is it an incomplete list?
Context. Most of those recruits are high three stars and came to him at Coastal during a time when three stars were a relatively new thing for Coastal. He came into WVU very late (by ridiculous coaching carousel standards) and still brought in the 4*s. Great hire.
rtb72 liked this
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: December 27th, 2022, 10:13 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:54 pm
Not to be snarky, but that link only shows 2 four star kids the rest are 3 star. I'm not sure that is terrific recruiting, is it an incomplete list?
He's coached 1 position group for 3 years so he won't be the primary recruiter for a large volume of commits. He's been at west virginia for a year and recruited their top 2 commits. The other commits on the list are all from coastal carolina so of course he wasn't getting 4 stars to go there. I would take over half those guys on the list though. Give him our resources compared to coastals and I think he'll pull in some very talented receivers for us.
AATL, flamehunter, Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
https://www.aseaofred.com/several-coast ... o-liberty/

I'm suprised no one is talking about this. Not surprisingly chadwell is bringing both of his co offensive coordinators. I think their results speak for themselves.

He's also bringing his DL coach. Based on their last few classes his recruiting doesn't seem bad or great. Despite CCUs pathetic defense this year the D line appeared to do decent. They finished the season ranked 16th in TFLs per game and gave up less rushing yards per game than us. We were 1st in the country by a significant margin in TFLs.
AATL liked this
By AATL
I really like the staff so far. Chadwell's offense has been a machine, so it's cool to see him keep that offensive core intact. Watching their game last night, all three QBs could move and make clean, late pitches on options. I'll be interested to see if Korn can produce the same with the current LU room. The defensive line has not been Coastal's issue.. they gave up almost 15 yards/completion this year. Magee has turned out some very solid defensive linemen and has gone two years straight of putting one in the draft.
By LUOrange
From the few Close-to-the-Beach Chicken games that I have watched, their D seems to play dirty. I hope that will not be the case with us. Hopefully Curtis and a few of our leftovers stay and Chadwell brings in a good D Coordinator if it's not Curtis.
Just John liked this
By CCWMichael
Ferris State has some strong D coaches .. not sure how they would do on recruiting but they know D. Drawing from lower levels is not bad if they have a strong record. Ryan Hodges, Smith.

see Mike Yurcich from Shippensburg to OSU. A great coach is a great coach not matter the level. I would not mind fresh and hungry coaching.

I am sure the AD and coach have their targets but pulling strong coaches up is not a bad move.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Damien said in his article this morning that Colton Korn is among the expected staff arrivals from Coastal. So yes he appears to be joining his brother.
AATL liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Damien's article dropped the names of all 8 coaches (including Chadwell)--6 from Coastal and one each from WVU and Mizzzo. Probably three openings left, and Chadwell hinted that was those would likely be hires from the previous coach's staff.

https://newsadvance.com/eedition/page-b ... 10677.html

Is one of our co-DCs still around? What was his name? :dontgetit
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]