Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Auburn being Auburn. Leaking stuff before our bowl game.

I think it’s dumb that he was out recruiting making offers when he knew he was going to Auburn. Same with Harris, which I’m sure he’s going to follow.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
We are doomed in bowl. This is why out-going coaches shouldn't coach. I think players will fight for us, but if Aldridge truly is playing all QBs - we are done. That strategy never works. QBs take time to get in a grove and QB rotisserie never works.
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: December 16th, 2022, 10:44 am
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 16th, 2022, 10:03 am So glad this is leaking right before our bowl game.
Yup. Freeze/Auburn sucking the wind out of the sails again before a game. Bush league

If you are Freeze and you have character, you call Aldridge from home and ask if he wants to come to Auburn and say "the only 2 people who know about this are me and you, we don't want a repeat of what happened at the New Mexico game, not fair to the kids, think about it and let me know by such and such a date"
The dollars matter in a decision like this and that's why the agents have to be involved. In terms of responsibility its essentially a sideways move but he'll likely get a decent raise in the process. Unfortunately the best agents have no character and we know what happens when they are involved.
By rtb72
prototype wrote: December 16th, 2022, 1:04 pm We are doomed in bowl. This is why out-going coaches shouldn't coach. I think players will fight for us, but if Aldridge truly is playing all QBs - we are done. That strategy never works. QBs take time to get in a grove and QB rotisserie never works.
So so sure yet. They have something to play for...and a little more clarity on who they'll be playing for. I hope they'll have a little chip on their shoulders going into this game. The "unofficial senior day" i've heard some say.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I’m curious why Aldridge would choose to be a position coach in the SEC vs being a Coordinator at a place he’s already been successful. It can’t be about money, at least not initially.

Maybe he thinks a couple years in the Auburn system might afford him the same opportunity there?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:49 am I’m curious why Aldridge would choose to be a position coach in the SEC vs being a Coordinator at a place he’s already been successful.
I think you've answered your own question. Remember that before LU, Aldridge was coaching D2.
By Ill flame
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:49 am I’m curious why Aldridge would choose to be a position coach in the SEC vs being a Coordinator at a place he’s already been successful. It can’t be about money, at least not initially.

Maybe he thinks a couple years in the Auburn system might afford him the same opportunity there?
He's already proven he can successfully run a defense at this level, now it's time to prove he can recruit in the SEC. The big pay bump helps a lot too. If he takes this job he'll be a P5 DC before you know it. I wouldn't be suprised if he'll be the DC in waiting at Auburn if the current guy leaves after a couple years.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:49 am I’m curious why Aldridge would choose to be a position coach in the SEC vs being a Coordinator at a place he’s already been successful. It can’t be about money, at least not initially.

He's already proven he can successfully run a defense at this level, now it's time to prove he can recruit in the SEC. The big pay bump helps a lot too. If he takes this job he'll be a P5 DC before you know it. I wouldn't be suprised if he'll be the DC in waiting at Auburn if the current guy leaves after a couple years.
I don't think a position coach at Auburn will make more than a Coordinator at LU. However, I agree with the sentiment that he may have earned a lot of trust from Freeze these past few years from a recruiting and now coaching standpoint. He's likely a few decent years from being promoted the same way at Auburn.
By Ill flame
The average SEC assistant made $600k last year while the highest paid G5 coordinator made that much. We could theoretically match the salary he would get at Auburn but I doubt we will.
By AATL
Ill flame wrote: December 19th, 2022, 11:43 am The average SEC assistant made $600k last year while the highest paid G5 coordinator made that much. We could theoretically match the salary he would get at Auburn but I doubt we will.
Starting as a position coach, he would have room to grow that figure significantly over the next several years if he moves up into co-coordinator or coordinator roles. Great opportunity for him and I can't blame him if he takes it, though I'll certainly be sad to see him go. I'm eager to see if we get a flurry of coaching announcements after the bowl/signing day this week when the dust has settled a bit.
Ill flame liked this
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Nothing against Aldridge as I am one of his biggest fans with the turnaround job he was significantly a part of with the defense. BUT, I despise that cow college in Auburn, Alabama and I will never understand why anyone would go there, :lol:.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When most folks think about the great state of Alabama, they don't think of Auburn.

Tuscaloosa
Talladega
Montgomery
Birmingham
Mobile (Gulf Coast)
Huntsville
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TLocke88 wrote: December 19th, 2022, 4:09 pm Is Alabama where all the Quacks and Ambulance Chasers go?
FIFY
TLocke88 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 19th, 2022, 6:16 pm Most people never think of Alabama except for certain Saturdays in the fall.
Most people just think of Forrest Gump
Baybird liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
What country is Alabama in? Is is even a real place or just a fictional place that movie was depicted about - Sweet Home...
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
You can tell watching Aldridge opening statement postgame that he’s gone. He’s going through the motions, saying what he needs to and he’s gone.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If Auburn goes 9-3 or 8-4 and loses to Alabama for 2 or 3 seasons, there will be another house cleaning down on The Plains.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 11:16 am If Auburn goes 9-3 or 8-4 and loses to Alabama for 2 or 3 seasons, there will be another house cleaning down on The Plains.
If Freeze beats the Tide a couple times in a row, Tuscaloosa might be due for a house cleaning. Old Nick might a little nervous. As long as were being hypothetical and all.
Cider Jim liked this
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]