Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TLocke88
I loved hearing in the press conference that coach Chadwell is gonna give the leftovers on this staff a chance. I hope he keeps Coach Aldridge for some continuity.
jimflamesfan liked this
By Tnobes
Since he's coaching the bowl game he has a very long job interview over the next few weeks to get to know each other and prove his value to chadwell. Hopefully they hit it off.
By TLocke88
Tnobes wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:50 pm Since he's coaching the bowl game he has a very long job interview over the next few weeks to get to know each other and prove his value to chadwell. Hopefully they hit it off.
Agreed. I was also kind of surprised to hear him say that he hasn't spoken to his staff at Coastal yet since everyone on here was saying that bringing his entire staff was a sticking point at GT.
Tnobes liked this
By Tnobes
Also hard to visit all the recruits that you are trying to keep committed, I would think staff would start coming together pretty soon
By AATL
Pete Thamel, is that you?

Despite the invalidity of the source, I'd be thrilled if that's the group of assistants we end actually end up getting.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:18 pm I'm suprised no one has been announced yet. It's hard for the head coach to hit the portal by himself
HCJC is a one-man transfer portal recruiting machine

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Newland Isaac has Ian impressive resume', including being the Assistant Coach of the Year when the Beach Chickens had the #1 offense in the country!

Named the 2021 AFCA FBS Assistant Coach of the Year by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA), Newland Isaac was promoted to co-offensive coordinator in February 2019, and is in his fifth year overall at Coastal Carolina in 2022. Isaac, who is also in charge of the Chanticleer running backs, has a long history with head coach Jamey Chadwell. Isaac worked under Chadwell for eight seasons over three stops, including Charleston Southern, Delta State, and North Greenville before rejoining him at Coastal Carolina.
https://goccusports.com/sports/football ... isaac/2161
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think there is a good chance HCJC keeps Austin as QB coach. He is one of the best.
It's not unusual for holdover staff to help the incoming coach with recruiting if they don't have other offers yet. I remember Mike Brown and a couple of others were involved when HF first arrived.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I've been wondering about Mike Brown who was recruiting at Cincinnati and of course there's been upheaval there too. I think Chadwell coached against him at CSU when Brown was QB here. I dont know of any other connection or if MB is any good.
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He went with Fickell to Wisconsin. I'd love to see him return to the Mountain at some stage. But in the meantime, he's getting seasoned in the B1G.
By BlueBlood
Is the silence regarding assistants concerning? There are already numerous names out there for Freeze's staff, Deion's, Fickell's, etc.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Maybe Chadwell wants to keep things more hush hush. I also remember HCHF taking Aaron Stamm & Mike Brown out recruiting with him before he let them go as well.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Most aren't even available yet. Assistants have contractual obligations. It's up to the discretion of the employer as to early release status. Gonna have to wait for each teams final game...mostly
TLocke88, ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]