Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUalum12 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 1:58 pm https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rett-riley
Kinda tough to argue with that replacement. It does speak well of Dabo that a guy who just coached in the NC wants to come work for him. And the timing now makes sense
I feel bad for Streeter. But I’d imagine Dabo is helping him land on his feet
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
By Ill flame
On one hand it's always good to see our guys moving up in the world like this. That just makes the job more attractive in the future. On the other hand losing a guy that's good enough to coach for Alabama sucks.
LUOrange liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:22 pm I am so glad he went to Bama. If we can't keep him, then I'd rather him go to a place of prominence unlike that cow college that Freeze went to.
The state of Alabama has a cow College, too? Huh, who knew. Virginia has one in Blacksburg.
By Tnobes
Leaving a place basically a month after you signed a contract and right before spring practice starts is pretty low character. I'm not sure there's any coaches out there that actually like their university, to be able to say "rah rah come play for this school Its great" and then just go to someplace else and say "rah rah come play for this school it's great" takes a snake oil salesman personality, I can't believe any college student trusts their coaches
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
:lol: :roll: :lol:

I guarantee you he honored and is honoring his contract. It’s a business, not church.

The kids understand it better than the adults! Have you seen the millions being thrown at Bronny, Arch, Livvy, the Cavinder twins and Paige Bueckers?
Purple Haize liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: February 26th, 2023, 9:23 am :lol: :roll: :lol:

I guarantee you he honored and is honoring his contract. It’s a business, not church.

The kids understand it better than the adults! Have you seen the millions being thrown at Bronny, Arch, Livvy, the Cavinder twins and Paige Bueckers?
Not going to argue with you again about this, I know you and some others believe you shut down your Christian values when it comes to jobs and "business" and doing what's best for your "career". I believe in being a Christian all week and and I can tell you I wouldn't stop coaching the school baseball team (which I do for free) a month before the season starts to go coach at a different school who would pay me.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You can believe in whatever you want; that has zero bearing on whether it’s right or wrong.

Christian values are not mutually exclusive of a contract. Nor did he breach any form of his contract at all.

You are wrong - factually, ethically and morally - on this. And to call into question a person’s Christianity on this, which you have now done on multiple occasion, is fallacy - the likes of which must be called out. What you would do or choose to do is your business. But don’t assume that anyone who doesn’t abide by your narrow moral code is not a Christian or is acting in a non-Christian way.

You questioned whether college student-athletes could trust their coaches. I simply showed how they probably get it - better than you and probably better than most like you.
PAmedic, aredd33, CCWMichael and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:18 pm You can believe in whatever you want; that has zero bearing on whether it’s right or wrong.

Christian values are not mutually exclusive of a contract. Nor did he breach any form of his contract at all.

You are wrong - factually, ethically and morally - on this. And to call into question a person’s Christianity on this, which you have now done on multiple occasion, is fallacy - the likes of which must be called out. What you would do or choose to do is your business. But don’t assume that anyone who doesn’t abide by your narrow moral code is not a Christian or is acting in a non-Christian way.

You questioned whether college student-athletes could trust their coaches. I simply showed how they probably get it - better than you and probably better than most like you.
I’m not sure how leaving one job for a better one while following your contract terms is unchristian. I would be interested to see Scriptural verses stating as much.
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: February 26th, 2023, 6:18 pm You can believe in whatever you want; that has zero bearing on whether it’s right or wrong.

Your narrow moral code, otherwise known as Jesus
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jesus and the Bible is the basis of every right moral code. Do you have a monopoly on understanding Him or Scripture?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 5th, 2023, 9:28 pm Jesus and the Bible is the basis of every right moral code. Do you have a monopoly on understanding Him or Scripture?
His answer was ‘Jesus’. No actual Scripture to buttress his point. Just ‘Jesus’. So obviously there is a belief there that he truly is the arbiter of Jesus’ non written word. Good gig if you can get it
JK37 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]