Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Dalegarz1
As much as I would love to have him at LU next year, it is probably healthier for long term success if we develop a young QB who will be around more than one year. (Salter, Mooney ?)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JB will be happy about this news!
By Dalegarz1
The entire QB room will be happy about this! We have some who might fit JC's system better than others. This assumes he runs a similar scheme as he did at CCU. The coach's dilemma - fit the players to a pre-determined scheme or construct the scheme around the skillset of your players. Having been through this as a coach it can be a challenge unless you are loaded with 4 and 5 star players who can be trained to fit your preferred system. The worst case is when players are asked to perform in a system when they lack the skillset to do so.
By Ill flame
It's bold of y'all to assume chadwells still not bringing another QB in. CCU has a top 1000 recruit with 4 years of eligibility in the portal now that already has a year in chadwells system. I wouldn't be suprised if he comes here.

Dalegarz1, AATL liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2023, 9:13 pm It's bold of y'all to assume chadwells still not bringing another QB in. CCU has a top 1000 recruit with 4 years of eligibility in the portal now that already has a year in chadwells system. I wouldn't be suprised if he comes here.

Oh I’m sure he will. But if I a returner, especially JB, the fact it isn’t GM gives you hope
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
The fact that JB removed Liberty from his Twitter has me questioning if he'll be back, as someone else pointed out on a different thread. Time will tell.
AATL liked this
By Ill flame
JB has stuck it out this long he might as well stay unless he wants to start at a FCS school somewhere.
By LUOrange
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2023, 9:44 pm JB has stuck it out this long he might as well stay unless he wants to start at a FCS school somewhere.
Starting at an FCS might be preferable to backing up Salter or Hampton next year. Especially if he's already got his bachelor's.
By AATL
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2023, 9:13 pm It's bold of y'all to assume chadwells still not bringing another QB in. CCU has a top 1000 recruit with 4 years of eligibility in the portal now that already has a year in chadwells system. I wouldn't be suprised if he comes here.

Think Scott Jackson has Chadwell's phone number yet? The weekend rotation is a little thin after Horn/Carter :|

The collaboration between baseball and football has been very solid the last few years. Can't imagine many schools have two QBs/baseball player in one incoming class.. https://goccusports.com/sports/baseball ... chie/18193
By LUOrange
Personally, if we can't bring in a McCall type of transfer at QB, I'd rather just stick it out with who we have and who's coming in. JB, Salter, Hampton, and Mooney are all solid. I think all of their development was hurt by Brewer transferring in and taking they're practice reps only to essentially have a season/career ending injury. I think all 3 would've benefitted from a true QB competition.

As of right now, I think Salter's got the leg up on Hampton and JB for the fall. I think it'll be obvious that Mooney red shirts, unless he's just that good. But I'd like to see them all get a good shot at it this year. Unless some of them transfer out, of course.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
I just want to maximize our depth. There are still QBs in the portal that are more of a proven commodity that will help us win games now. If those fall through I wouldn't mind taking a talented but unproven QB with a few years of eligibility left like the one listed above. Salter needs more competition to motivate him to step up or get out of the way for someone who will take it seriously.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]