Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Trent Dilfer has released his best available QB rankings, based solely on analytics:

1. Hank Brown......(projection: Auburn)
2. Henry Brown.....(projection: SEC)
3. Enrique Brown..(projection: SEC)
4. Everyone else....(projection: FBS)
5. Grayson McCall..(projection: FCS, Charleston Southern, or UAB)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: December 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm Trent Dilfer has released his best available QB rankings, based solely on analytics:

Grayson going to CSU or UAB would be a shocker!!! There is no way. He either comes here or goes to SEC. He's not lowering his draft stock going to an FCS school - that is for sure.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 3:39 pm Are CSU and UAB the same?

:lol:
I saw the :lol: (so I know you were joking), but for others who are directionally challenged, those two Deep South schools are actually in different states. :fineprint
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The original post makes them seem like equals as schools and programs. They most definitely are NOT.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: December 14th, 2022, 3:19 pm
paradox wrote: December 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm Trent Dilfer has released his best available QB rankings, based solely on analytics:

Grayson going to CSU or UAB would be a shocker!!! There is no way. He either comes here or goes to SEC. He's not lowering his draft stock going to an FCS school - that is for sure.
Character study involving the subconscious motivations of Trent Dilfer. He's devaluing McCall, so he can land him at UAB. Brown is TD's hyped distraction. At least, that's what the analytics say
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
McCall canceled his visit to Auburn, and Freeze is going after the NC State QB instead, if this article is accurate.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Ar ... 200680128/
By LUDad
I think he's just waiting till after tonight to declare. He went from a 2-star recruit to a nfl draft prospect under Chadwell's system. Why risk a change and have to learn a new system that may not work as well for you?
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
That might be plan A for McCall from what I'm reading.

If I'm him, I'd go to the draft unless I can get guaranteed NIL money in the million range and have a chance to increase my draft stock.

I don't think LU presents either of those as a benefit, so it'd have to be relationship based.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
What does that mean? Are you saying you doubt there's an SEC QB who got paid 8 million to play football?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He is suggesting that promises aren't clearly being paid in some cases based on this past year or so.

This is where it gets murky in regard to promises by coaches and outside entities providing the payment.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
That makes sense. There's no way for me to verify that. I have no better sources than the general public.
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote: December 21st, 2022, 3:38 pm Is NIL better than NFL?
Some schools stop playing players halfway in the season. You think players are just going to sign their commitment with he say/she say now with this backlash?
By Ill flame
Kricket wrote: December 21st, 2022, 4:32 pm The top 3 QBs would pull in the 3 million range.

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player ... /football/
With all due respect and remember I'm saying with all due respect, on3 NIL valuations ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on. Unfortunately there are rumors but no one actually knows how much players are receiving and theres really no way to estimate until things settle down a little bit.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 21st, 2022, 11:05 pm
Kricket wrote: December 21st, 2022, 4:32 pm The top 3 QBs would pull in the 3 million range.

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player ... /football/
With all due respect and remember I'm saying with all due respect, on3 NIL valuations ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on. Unfortunately there are rumors but no one actually knows how much players are receiving and theres really no way to estimate until things settle down a little bit.
Agreed. I get some players are making some money, but they are no where near where they say they are. Grayson isn't making a decision based on NIL. At least I hope not.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
When he was flirting with the Auburns and Floridas of the world it certainly had to be a factor. My kids go to a school who can't seem to develop a QB and are renowned for their NIL deals. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't end up over in the Lone Star State.
Kricket, jmclaughlin liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I'm not sold on you guys knowing how much players are making but that's not the point of this thread.

I was about to agree that he shouldn't be making decisions based on NIL money, but if I was Grayson's dad, I'd say consider all options and factors. Its nice to say that NIL shouldn't be a factor, but... having no college debt and even a small amount of money to start a family isn't something to ignore completely. If Grayson can go to NFL and make money there definitely consider that too.

The reality is, being able to have a platform to spread your faith is most important. Liberty is a great place for that, but the SEC or the NFL aren't bad platforms either if you have the strength to stand alone. Grayson's got to make a decision based on his convictions.
flamehunter liked this
By Dalegarz1
Grayson got hurt on an impressive td run. He landed on his head and he has been replaced. I’m guessing he’s in concussion protocol.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]