Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Dalegarz1
Grayson got hurt on an impressive td run. He landed on his head and he has been replaced. I’m guessing he’s in concussion protocol.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Grayson's Coastal career has, more than likely, come to an end. I wonder how long before he makes a decision/announcement...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At least McCall came back on the sidelines under his own power wasn't in a neck brace or a wheel chair.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:19 pm Looks like Grayson's Coastal career has, more than likely, come to an end. I wonder how long before he makes a decision/announcement...
Why would you say it's over? I haven't read that anywhere.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: December 28th, 2022, 1:49 pm
Kricket wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:19 pm Looks like Grayson's Coastal career has, more than likely, come to an end. I wonder how long before he makes a decision/announcement...
Notice the bolded word in the OP. Grayson entered the transfer portal weeks ago, so his summersault TD into the end zone will likely be his last play in a teal uniform.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 28th, 2022, 2:09 pm
prototype wrote: December 28th, 2022, 1:49 pm
Notice the bolded word in the OP. Grayson entered the transfer portal weeks ago, so his summersault TD into the end zone will likely be his last play in a teal uniform.
Gotcha!!! I don't read much and when I do - I normally don't read it right:)
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
With Dae Dae leaving we could really use a strong experienced QB even more. Our offense with the current QBs and without Dae Dae looked bad. We're losing Demario too...
By AATL
Grayson McCall is arguably the best quarterback on the market. The Coastal Carolina transfer was one of college football's premier deep-ball throwers last season, and he could make a ton of plays with his legs. Auburn has been hot on McCall's trail, but there's chatter that McCall could reunite with old Coastal Carolina coach Jamey Chadwell at Liberty. McCall has thrown for 8,019 yards and 78 touchdowns. He's as productive as any quarterback in the transfer portal that you will find, and he's an elite plug-and-play weapon.
Another bout vs. Auburn? Though the rumor seems to be there's a significant hurdle with his credits transferring to Auburn since he is not a grad transfer and they don't have a Sports Management major. I happen to know a school in Lynchburg that does, though..

via https://247sports.com/college/florida/L ... 01425652_1
LUOrange liked this
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I still don't understand this whole situation. The transfer portal seems like it's been a free for all this month. I don't put a whole lot of weight into the Auburn message boards, but they are claiming Florida was unable to enroll him as well and they have a Sport Management program to offer.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
Grayson still has multiple school options that will welcome him with open arms. However, this Archie kid could be a Liberty destination, because he’s a freshman that knows the Chadwell system and he can continue to play two sports (currently on Costal’s Baseball team) while in college.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The number of kids left without a chair when the Transfer Portal music stops this year is going to be eye opening for a lot of folks
AATL, ballcoach15, Dalegarz1 and 4 others liked this
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Haize brings up a good point- so if a scholarship player enters the portal, is the scholarship automatically gone from the original school? Or does the original school have to honor the original scholarship if that athlete can't find any seats and has to return to the original school?
By LUOrange
I, also thought players were only given a 1 time transfer without having to sit out a year. Is that still the case? For example, how does that affect someone like Dae Dae who's already transferred one time?
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I assumed thats how it was but wasn't sure. I was wondering the same with declaring for the draft but decide to comeback
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Oh coastal fans are going to be so upset about the Archie kid. Most were excited about him.
By LUDad
If Archie were to commit, would he play baseball this spring, or spring FB practice? Supposedly he has ability to touch 95. I suppose it could be negotiated in order to sign him.
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2022, 3:02 pm The number of kids left without a chair when the Transfer Portal music stops this year is going to be eye opening for a lot of folks
Excellent point...and one that I think may get lost on some of these young, still maturing athletes. Of course, confidence certainly helps make a talented athlete competitive, but I think sometimes they may overestimate their "perceived value" relative to a large pool of "like minded and gifted" talent. Some will be left without, and wishing they had stayed put.
By tyndal23
Dalegarz1 wrote: December 29th, 2022, 6:55 pm A player can transfer one time without having to sit out. Any subsequent transfers would require the granting of a waiver to avoid sitting out.
Dre Butler - would he transfer out knowing he may have to sit a year? That is where NIL would make it worth it - getting paid not to play ( still have to do all the grunt work ). Will be interesting to see how “ lenient NCAA will be on 2nd transfer moving forward. iF they are strict - may solve a lot of problems. IF they hand out waivers like they were pre portal, will be a complete mess. I imagine he got an earful of “ you for sure will get a waiver, but even if not, you will still get x NIL $ and better competition to show your skills to NFL Scouts”.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]