Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:59 pm My bet is he will be here in Lee County, AL next year. Liberty gets Coastal's coach, Hugh gets their QB.
This is where my money is.
By Tnobes
aredd33 wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:16 pm
ALAFlamesFan wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:59 pm My bet is he will be here in Lee County, AL next year. Liberty gets Coastal's coach, Hugh gets their QB.
He's not even close to SEC caliber
By JCS Flames Fan 31
Yea I’m not so sure where he’ll land. I know he’ll have lots of suitors for sure. My buddy who knows him, still thinks it’ll be LU. We shall see, If a P5 does come knocking that money in NIL will be hard to turn down.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 13th, 2022, 12:07 am
We will see.
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:05 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:45 pm
No one gonna mock the ‘prayer and consideration’ line? Or does that disdain only apply to players LEAVING LU not hopefully COMING to LU? Just trying to understand the rules
Kinda like the folks who were upset that Freeze "mailed in the last 3 games." But were silent when McCaw and Chadwell said that they had been negotiating for 3 weeks.
By LUOrange
EigenEagle Offline
Heisman
*CSNBBS Sun Belt Board. Interesting to say the least.

I Root For: Ga Southern
Post: #192RE: The Transfer Portal Is Revving Its Engine...
(Yesterday 10:56 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:
Someone on the USA board said a local sports show said the rumor is McCall is interested in Auburn.

That's funny because IIRC, some Auburn Twitter account tweeted at him about transferring there and McCall replied "look elsewhere, pal" and now that Tweet has been deleted.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I admire McCall for playing in bowl game. There are too many "quitters" in college football today.

Freeze did mail in last 3 games. You don't beat Arkansas and then lose to 3 inferior opponents, unless you do mail them in.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:31 am I admire McCall for playing in bowl game. There are too many "quitters" in college football today.

Freeze did mail in last 3 games. You don't beat Arkansas and then lose to 3 inferior opponents, unless you do mail them in.
While where it will be is still unknown, McCall obviously plans on playing college football next year. The players who are opting out of bowls are planning (or at least hoping) to play professionally.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A large number of opt outs will go undrafted, sign as undrafted free agent, and not make the team.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:05 pm No one gonna mock the ‘prayer and consideration’ line?
If you read the whole tweet, he even listed a Bible verse. I hope Ballcoach will look it up for us and tell us what it says. Study
I gotcha!!

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Let no talented athlete play for any other team then Liberty. Thou shall be blessed with many TDs and wins, thus saithe the Lord.
Ill flame liked this
By LUOrange
ballcoach15 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:01 am A large number of opt outs will go undrafted, sign as undrafted free agent, and not make the team.
I don't like the opt-outs either. Of course, I don't know what they're advisors are telling them. But you're absolutely right that most never make the team. Many times the rationale for their not making it bewilders me. If I were playing, I'd hope I'd consider that likelihood and play as much as I could for my college team. Knowing that that could very likely be my last opportunity for actual important playing time.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:22 am
No one gonna mock the ‘prayer and consideration’ line? Or does that disdain only apply to players LEAVING LU not hopefully COMING to LU? Just trying to understand the rules
Kinda like the folks who were upset that Freeze "mailed in the last 3 games." But were silent when McCaw and Chadwell said that they had been negotiating for 3 weeks.
I wasn't shy about my feelings on how Freeze handled things and I wasn't shy about how little I think of Chadwell but at some point, one has to cut their losses and pick their battles.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: December 13th, 2022, 10:22 am
Nope. Not the same at all
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:02 am

We will see.
We are very much in this conversation. Chadwell & Korn will help guide him in the context of what's in his best interest professionally. It may be here, or maybe not. Let's see what materializes.
By LUOrange
If we're going to take a transfer QB, I'd almost rather take DJ Uiagalelei, since Manson said we've had talks with him. Perception wise he'd be the steal. Our critics would run with the "McCall only went there cause of Chadwell." Of course, it'd be true, but that's why Uiagalelei's the steal. Of course, you don't sniff a gift fish. So obviously, I wouldn't complain about either of them.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Situation is fluid. A lot can happen between now and January. Increased NFL interest can prompt an immediate shift there. Time will tell.
By tyndal23
Ridiculous. He is rated #1 QB in transfer portal.
flamehunter, Kricket, JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Interesting article that I found on the Coastal message board. Look who is listed as #1 and #3 in the McCall sweepstakes, according to CBS Sports:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -prospect/
By cruzan_flame13
LUOrange wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:42 pm If we're going to take a transfer QB, I'd almost rather take DJ Uiagalelei, since Manson said we've had talks with him. Perception wise he'd be the steal. Our critics would run with the "McCall only went there cause of Chadwell." Of course, it'd be true, but that's why Uiagalelei's the steal. Of course, you don't sniff a gift fish. So obviously, I wouldn't complain about either of them.
DJ coming to LU is definitely not likely. I'm pretty sure that DJ will do a deal with his brother, who has many P5 offers right now.
LUOrange liked this

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]