Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

rogers3 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:41 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:37 pm I'll be at Disney and Universal with the family that week so I have no desire to take a day from that to watch what will probably be a disappointing game.
I would go to ANY bowl game over Disney and Universal. What a great excuse to get away!
I'd try to go if I was that close. I probably won't go unless the Flames Club offers a great deal like they did for the 2019 Cure Bowl. I can't justify the trip for a MAC school. Although, I would've definitely if the game was in the Beach Chicken nest.
rogers3 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:41 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:37 pm I'll be at Disney and Universal with the family that week so I have no desire to take a day from that to watch what will probably be a disappointing game.
I would go to ANY bowl game over Disney and Universal. What a great excuse to get away!
To each their own I guess. That food on its own makes a trip to Disney worth it. This will be my first time in about 15 years going to Universal so I'm not sure what to expect there.
By rtb72
We are taking our group, but I feel a little dismayed by all the transfers and possible "sit outs" for next level. I hope our D can at least retain enough to still be as effective as we were the first part of season. I am quite interested to see what we put together on offense. Who are starting QB will be (thinking Bennet). Has anyone looked at Toledo's strengths and weaknesses this season? Be curious how the kids respond without Freeze.
Liberty22 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We are 4.5 point underdogs. Toledo's QB is healthy and can be a handful. Are QB is ____________ and our RB is ____________ and on a 3 game losing streak to inferior teams. That's the 4.5 points there.
By Tnobes
Chippy wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:30 pm We are 4.5 point underdogs. Toledo's QB is healthy and can be a handful. Are QB is ____________ and our RB is ____________ and on a 3 game losing streak to inferior teams. That's the 4.5 points there.
Is this a madlib?
Our QB is inconsistent and our RB is on a police video
Ill flame liked this
By rtb72
Tnobes wrote: December 6th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Chippy wrote: December 6th, 2022, 4:30 pm We are 4.5 point underdogs. Toledo's QB is healthy and can be a handful. Are QB is ____________ and our RB is ____________ and on a 3 game losing streak to inferior teams. That's the 4.5 points there.
Is this a madlib?
Our QB is a leader and our RB is only one of three who can be a threat
FIFY......I'm being optimistic because I think our kids will be ready to prove they are "THAT TEAM" from the first part of the season no matter who the coach is. I think they will have something to play for, and I am cautiously confident (is that an oxymoron) IHCJA will have our kids amped and ready. Yes...I am drinking the Kool-aid. Mainly because the family is going and I don't want to think I'll be coming home sad. :D
By rtb72
rtb72 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 7:57 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 6th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Is this a madlib?
Our QB is a leader and our RB is only one of three who can be a threat
FIFY......I'm being optimistic because I think our kids will be ready to prove they are "THAT TEAM" from the first part of the season no matter who the coach is. I think they will have something to play for, and I am cautiously confident (is that an oxymoron) IHCJA will have our kids amped and ready. Yes...I am drinking the Kool-aid. Mainly because the family is going and I don't want to think I'll be coming home sad. :D There is a lot to prove in two weeks from both players and coaches. Hopefully, that will be enough to motivate them all!
Bowl was announced Sunday. They had a good idea about where they were going since Friday. Still no word about a travel package from the area for Flames Club Members. Maybe we will get one today. I don’t know if I’ll go but every day they delay makes it less likely
LUOrange liked this

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]