Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Things are about to get interesting

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Who called the police to the house? When ask to step inside who was he being separated from? Sounds like a domestic situation.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Seems LPD escalated things unnecessarily but dropping the "I play football for Liberty" line isn't a great look. A lot of unknowns and it is always best to wait for more details to come out before making a full assessment.
Wvflame2013 liked this
By Kiwon
I am disappointed that Dae Dae and his friend put the videos out in the public without any context. If the assertion is that the LPD were wrong, then explain the who, what, where, and maybe the possible why the police showed up in the first place. What was going on in the house? Did someone outside call the cops? Did someone inside request them to come? Is he a victim of a prank? If you are making a situation public, then you have to expect the scrutiny that comes with that decision.

Explanations are warranted quickly.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If Dae Dae's claim of no warrant is true. And they inserted themselves, aka didn't ask and receive permission, that is saying something to me.

And if he wasn't formally arrested and booked - just detained - what's the deal? Dae Dae put video on his own Twitter. Seems pretty confident he thinks he's in the right.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:55 am I am disappointed that Dae Dae and his friend put the videos out in the public without any context. If the assertion is that the LPD were wrong, then explain the who, what, where, and maybe the possible why the police showed up in the first place. What was going on in the house? Did someone outside call the cops? Did someone inside request them to come? Is he a victim of a prank? If you are making a situation public, then you have to expect the scrutiny that comes with that decision.

He doesn’t have to prove he’s innocent. LPD needs to prove he’s guilty.
Having said that it seems like he and a Lady Friend were having a sort of disagreement. LPD doesn’t have a good recent track record of officers entering homes though.
As I said, things are about to get interesting
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:23 am Interesting the tweet was deleted with the videos but still has another tweet about the situation up.
My first thought is he lawyered up and that was the advice of Counsel.
Let’s see what LPD comes out with.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
According to his early comments, the police ended up leaving. I don't think he was arrested based on what I saw. I think it is not uncommon to cuff people that an officer seems a potential threat.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:03 pm According to his early comments, the police ended up leaving. I don't think he was arrested based on what I saw. I think it is not uncommon to cuff people that an officer seems a potential threat.
He was detained. He honestly handled being handcuffed better than I *may* have handled it at his age.
A ‘friend’ of mine has been detained before after altercations with other people but it was a much more obvious situation where people *may* have posed threats to each other. It was also relayed that this was SOP until things could get sorted out. According to my ‘Friend’
rtb72 liked this
By rtb72
If it was a domestic in progress call, police responded and didn't need a warrant necessarily to enter. Search warrants are for just that....searches. An arrest warrant is not needed for a detention. That is not uncommon in domestic situations and in order to control a scene, so long as detention is not unreasonable in "scope and time". There is also no issue with a cursory search at a domestic scene for weapons. Domestics and traffic stops are two of the most dangerous situations for law enforcement. Hopefully it works out. If he wasn't arrested, but only detained...then that is a good thing. In most states, law enforcement have no discretion on making an arrest if there is "physical evidence" of an assault. The law in NC says a LEO "shall arrest" in those cases, so if he was not arrested, i'm guessing there was no assault. I'm sure more facts will emerge, I just hate it's so public, which it sounds like he initiated...

I hope everything works out for him.....
LUOrange, JK37 liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I hesitated to comment on this incident, but now that the LPD has made a statement and no arrests were made, I would like to address questions about why those present filmed and posted the video of the incident.

In communities where the experiences and history with law enforcement have been largely positive, recording an encounter with police might not make sense. However, in communities where law enforcement was historically used as an instrument of state oppression and terror until as recently as about half a century ago, and where tense relations between law enforcement and these communities are occasionally disrupted by flash points that we’ve all observed in the news, trust is practically non-existent.

In the absence of trust, videos from bodycams and mobile phones have become an instrument of accountability. That doesn’t mean they tell the whole story, but in this instance, it generated enough public interest for LPD to make an official statement very quickly.
flamehunter, stokesjokes, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By Kiwon
Purple Haize wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:20 am
Kiwon wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:55 am I am disappointed that Dae Dae and his friend put the videos out in the public without any context. If the assertion is that the LPD were wrong, then explain the who, what, where, and maybe the possible why the police showed up in the first place. What was going on in the house? Did someone outside call the cops? Did someone inside request them to come? Is he a victim of a prank? If you are making a situation public, then you have to expect the scrutiny that comes with that decision.

He doesn’t have to prove he’s innocent. LPD needs to prove he’s guilty.
Having said that it seems like he and a Lady Friend were having a sort of disagreement. LPD doesn’t have a good recent track record of officers entering homes though.
Video without context doesn't "prove" anything. "Innocent" of what? "Guilty" of what? You already formed an opinion based a video without knowing the facts. "It seems", you're guessing. Facts first, then conclusions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LPD came out with a statement. What I said ‘it seems’ was pretty accurate. Feel free to look up LPD’s recent track record on your own.
By Kiwon
Purple Haize wrote:LPD came out with a statement. What I said ‘it seems’ was pretty accurate. Feel free to look up LPD’s recent track record on your own.
You were still guessing. Horseshoes and hand grenades.

Facts first.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:16 am
Purple Haize wrote:LPD came out with a statement. What I said ‘it seems’ was pretty accurate. Feel free to look up LPD’s recent track record on your own.
You were still guessing. Horseshoes and hand grenades.

Facts first.
Not about LPD
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The way he worded his tweet it seems like this incident is part of the reason he’s leaving.

Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]