Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
He seemed genuine in wanting to be here due to the Christian aspect. Freeze said it but, he also needed us so it was hard to tell if it was fully genuine. Chadwell could have went somewhere else, yet he chose here.

He also has younger kids than Freeze so there could be more desire for stability at this point in his life.

I don't know that he'll work out great, but there's at least a shot he could be an amazing hire.
Purple Haize, Liberty22 liked this
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I am excited about this hire! Ian did a great job. Not sure we will see much if any drop off from the trajectory we were on with Coach Freeze. Can't wait for next season and 2024.
Kricket liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:53 pm I am excited about this hire! Ian did a great job. Not sure we will see much if any drop off from the trajectory we were on with Coach Freeze. Can't wait for next season and 2024.
It will be nice to have a coach focused from the first to the last game of the season
Cider Jim liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Doesn't sound like the full staff commitment was a thing. That takes away the biggest negative a lot of you have mentioned.

From the Q&A
ARE THERE GUYS AT COASTAL ON STAFF THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE A GOOD FIT HERE?
“I think so. I think any time you’ve been with some people for a while, you know what their hearts are. There are guys down there that I think will be. I’ve obviously not had a lot of time to talk with them, but also I know there are some good people here and there are some good people across the country. I’ve got some relationships with different people. You’ve got to find out who can help you achieve the goals you want to achieve but also do it within the parameters of our institution and what we stand for.”
https://www.aseaofred.com/everything-ja ... onference/
LUOrange, jmclaughlin liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:26 pm
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:09 pm Even easier if your athletic department’s compliance office lets you. And let’s every other sport at the school. And let them even before you arrived at the school!!
Maybe we should try cheating
Well, RD…..
stokesjokes liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:41 pm Did he keep the mullet?
No, the mullet is long gone, and so is all his TEAL clothing, thank God! He even cleaned up and wore a blue suit and red tie. Jerry, Sr. would have loved it! :clapping
Kricket, LU 57, rtb72 liked this
By Tnobes
Cider Jim wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:38 pm
SumItUp wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:41 pm Did he keep the mullet?
No, the mullet is long gone, and so is all his TEAL clothing, thank God! He even cleaned up and wore a blue suit and red tie. Jerry, Sr. would have loved it! :clapping
Maybe he can replace the teal with baby blue that some people on here hate so much :)
By Tnobes
I would think within the next day or 3 we will start to hear staff hires, if he's keeping anyone I think that will be decided pretty fast (maybe he can keep some from going to Auburn that haven't signed anything yet) staff from coastal would be quick also, considering they just hired a new coach today and Jamey probably gauged interest when they knew he was leaving. Outside hires may be a little slower
By Ill flame
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:55 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:54 am The more I think about it, I think Hugh Freeze leaving was a blessing in disguise for this program. While he was here some people could play off our success as lightning in a bottle based on a good coach. Now that we went out and hired the top G5 coach on the market we are proving to people (and better conferences) that Liberty wasn't a one hit wonder that will fall off after he leaves and will remain a top program moving forward.
So Liberty’s strategy for proving its football program wasn’t a one-hit wonder under Freeze….is to hire another one-hit wonder? Success at Delta State and North Greenville and Charleston Southern doesn’t count, because winning at lower levels is easy.
Liberty went out and hired the top G5 coach on the market and beat out other teams for him proving that we are a top tier G5 program. You don't have to like the guy to see that this is good from a PR perspective. Hiring Chadwell got us talked about on college GameDay and was one of the top stories on ESPNs website and app. Promoting Aldridge wouldn't have done that.
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 8:11 pm
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:54 am The more I think about it, I think Hugh Freeze leaving was a blessing in disguise for this program. While he was here some people could play off our success as lightning in a bottle based on a good coach. Now that we went out and hired the top G5 coach on the market we are proving to people (and better conferences) that Liberty wasn't a one hit wonder that will fall off after he leaves and will remain a top program moving forward.
So Liberty’s strategy for proving its football program wasn’t a one-hit wonder under Freeze….is to hire another one-hit wonder? Success at Delta State and North Greenville and Charleston Southern doesn’t count, because winning at lower levels is easy.
Liberty went out and hired the top G5 coach on the market and beat out other teams for him proving that we are a top tier G5 program. You don't have to like the guy to see that this is good from a PR perspective. Hiring Chadwell got us talked about on college GameDay and was one of the top stories on ESPNs website and app. Promoting Aldridge wouldn't have done that.
Jk37 thinks he's being cute
Kricket liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You’re right. I’m sold! :wink:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 4th, 2022, 8:28 pm

Correction: JK37 IS cute! At least in the eyes of Mrs. JK37. Which is all that counts. :lol: 8) Play Basketball :) :D
By Tnobes
Maybe not the right thread but where can I find our football schedule for next year? I looked at the conference USA website and found nothing
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 8:45 pm

Correction: JK37 IS cute! At least in the eyes of Mrs. JK37. Which is all that counts. :lol: 8) Play Basketball :) :D
I could have a comment for that but pretty sure it would get me banned like my lifetime twitter ban
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

You’re right sexy I must say
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone who thinks this isn't a good hire, needs to be coached up. Of all candidates mentioned during past week, Chadwell is the best, and no other is a close second.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:02 pm

You’re right sexy I must say
Thanks, Doll. Check’s in the mail!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Liberty22 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:23 pm I’m not gonna lie, I loved that press conference. I know coaches come and go but it sure was nice at the idea that his wife made him promise this was the last move. Hope that’s true. Hope we have incredible success and somehow he elevated us and is our “Bobby Bowden”. I don’t believe there’s another institution that could have that in this country. We’re uniquely resourced and have the opportunity to move up should we see the success that’s needed for an invite. I’m pretty excited right now.
That quote about promising his wife they would be here awhile was surprising to me. I figured he had every intention of staying here a couple years until a SEC team calls but he made that comment completely unprompted which leads me to believe he actually means it. This also raises questions about his ability to maintain a program. We know from his track record he's very good at building one but he always leaves after 3-4 years to build the next program.
He can always change wives. That would get him out of the commitment. :D :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:16 pm Anyone who thinks this isn't a good hire, needs to be coached up. Of all candidates mentioned during past week, Chadwell is the best, and no other is a close second.
I thought you said it was going to be a P5 guy? Or that it needed to be?
I initially thought that, but after scouting out the candidates, I saw Chadwell would be the right choice. The P5 coach I thought might be near top of list turned out to be too old, in my opinion. I believe Chadwell was at top of list on Day 1 of coaching search, (probably before Day 1)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:16 pm Anyone who thinks this isn't a good hire, needs to be coached up. Of all candidates mentioned during past week, Chadwell is the best, and no other is a close second.
I thought you said it was going to be a P5 guy? Or that it needed to be?
His ‘sources’ told him it would be a Coach with P5 head coach experience. And that it would be Scott Frost.
So you should have wagered heavily that neither of those would be true.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]