Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:31 am I think this thread may have been started prematurely. Nothing is official until it's official.
Purple was just playing the odds on starting this thread. At this point, it's Liberty or Coastal for Chadwell. And the way that Chadwell was acknowledging the Liberty offer it seems he was leaning Liberty. The fans at Coastal are much angrier with Chadwell on him acknowledging us than we were about Freeze acknowledging Auburn and rightfully so.

We are a lateral move in Coastal fans' minds. We also are a rival of sort. Imagine if Freeze would have said he had interest in the Coastal job before our game last week? We all would have wanted Freeze gone, for sure.

I'm not saying it's the same, but in Coastal's mind it is. They think they're better than us. My point is, I just don't think he can go back to Coastal after that. Or perhaps more aptly stated, he shouldn't go back to Coastal after yesterday.

That leaves us as the most likely option.
Liberty22 liked this
By AATL
Kricket wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:20 am With all the talk about Sexton leaking info about Freeze and Auburn, Im curious where Thamel is getting his Chadwell information from. He even had the offer amount, so someone has to be leaking that too...
After Ian's statements about the timing of the Auburn leak and the impact that had on the players, I'd sincerely hope it's not coming from Liberty. We'll never know, I suppose.

The situation surrounding the Freeze departure was rough. Chadwell's departure is playing out much the same for Coastal.
Kricket liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:37 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:31 am I think this thread may have been started prematurely. Nothing is official until it's official.
Of course it was started prematurely. It doesn’t necessarily mean the assumptions considered in initiating it are going to prove to be untrue.

Lot of babies born premature turn out just fine.
He’s just upset his ‘sources’ weren’t on it
By Ill flame
The more I think about it, I think Hugh Freeze leaving was a blessing in disguise for this program. While he was here some people could play off our success as lightning in a bottle based on a good coach. Now that we went out and hired the top G5 coach on the market we are proving to people (and better conferences) that Liberty wasn't a one hit wonder that will fall off after he leaves and will remain a top program moving forward.
Liberty22, BlueBlood, Kricket and 2 others liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. We need to keep reminding everyone we are the top G5 program regardless of conference affiliation and regardless of whether they like it or not.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I hope it's not lost in the conversation about whether this was the right hire that LU's coaching search and decision to hire Jamey Chadwell has received national attention. That's pretty cool.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Not happy about the hire, but not much I can do about it. I guess we could have done worse. Not going to be around much longer anyway, so I can live with it.
I believe we could have done much better, but I do trust Ian explicitly.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]