Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:54 pm
Kricket wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:49 pm Is Chadwell trying to Lane Kiffin us?
Could be playing us for a coastal raise. We won't know until Saturday afternoon/night
Even if that were true we would easily triple his current $850,000 salary. Coastal Carolina couldn't pay in that ballpark if they wanted to.
By OneHope
Kricket wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:49 pm Is Chadwell trying to Lane Kiffin us?
Could be playing us for a coastal raise. We won't know until Saturday afternoon/night
If He did that it would be the Ultimate revenge from the Beach Chickens we would never hear the end of it.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:14 pm
Even if that were true we would easily triple his current $850,000 salary. Coastal Carolina couldn't pay in that ballpark if they wanted to.
I thought I read that he has about a $900k base salary with potential of $1.3 million in bonuses based on performance. I think some projected roughly 2 million in compensation, but it's hard to know what he's hitting with his bonus. Regardless, he'd be getting a significant raise.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It will be interesting to see what LU ends up paying Chadwell. He certainly can’t have a big buyout. LU could can afford to pay him more in base than what he’s making with incentives.
Ian is too good to leak anything which is super classy. I like the way it’s being handled. Complete respect for Ian
By rtb72
Wvflame2013 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:19 pm I don't like the if he(Chadwell or any other that is hired) must keep this coach or that coach talk. He's the head coach and it's his job to hire or fire. Hire the people one trusts and deal with the results. I get players like certain coaches but living on emotion can cause issues. Wvu players wanted Bill Stewart after Rodriguez left and that went great :roll: .
I would think most AD's...Ian especially, knows that a new HC is going to want the discretion to hire and fire as they see fit. If they start getting pressure on their staff, that's not going to be appealing to the new coach, or any other future prospect.
Wvflame2013 liked this
By Tnobes
In terms of the rivalry between coastal and liberty does it reach heights of Minnesota vs Wisconsin? Or Michigan vs Ohio State? Ole Miss vs Mississippi State? Or not that intense? Would this be like Ohio State hiring Lloyd Carr?
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I like how he handled explaining he’s not “signed anything.” Certainly didn’t refute that he’s interested in a new gig, just stated he’s “focused on the championship game”. He’s definitely leaving.
By Tnobes
His was actually more truthful, "he hasn't signed anything anywhere" Hugh Freeze's "no offer has been made" was insulting to the players intelligence, no wonder they gave him the proverbial bird with their on field effort
By Ill flame
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:42 pm In terms of the rivalry between coastal and liberty does it reach heights of Minnesota vs Wisconsin? Or Michigan vs Ohio State? Ole Miss vs Mississippi State? Or not that intense? Would this be like Ohio State hiring Lloyd Carr?
Those rivalries have been played every year for a century. We are lucky to play them 3 times in a decade. We will never have a rivalry on that level because we will eventually outgrow them like BYU is doing with Boise st before forming new ones.
Liberty22 liked this
By Tnobes
Ill flame wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:32 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:42 pm In terms of the rivalry between coastal and liberty does it reach heights of Minnesota vs Wisconsin? Or Michigan vs Ohio State? Ole Miss vs Mississippi State? Or not that intense? Would this be like Ohio State hiring Lloyd Carr?
Those rivalries have been played every year for a century. We are lucky to play them 3 times in a decade. We will never have a rivalry on that level because we will eventually outgrow them like BYU is doing with Boise st before forming new ones.
But the fun kind of hate is there and taking their coach would fan the "flames"
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:24 am How does a fun kind of hate align with true Christianity?
Very easily. Hate each other on the field and when the game is over, handshake and until the next meeting good natured ribbing and trash talk but everyone knows you don't really hate each other, It's a given. Besides hate isn't unchristian at all, we are supposed to hate the right things like evil and injustice.
Redbonebandit liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:24 am How does a fun kind of hate align with true Christianity?
Remember when you ask what would Jesus do, flipping over tables and chasing people with whips is within the realm of possibilities
Redbonebandit liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
One thing that I haven't seen explicitly pointed out, but maybe is worth mentioning. Chadwell can maybe get a raise for himself at Coastal, but it seems he has love for his staff, wanting to bring most along wherever he goes, even moreso than getting the best raise he can get.

If you pull in 2 mill a year a raise is "a nice to have". It seems like a move for Chadwell could be more about a raise for his staff. If that is true, it could say a lot about Chadwell's character.

I don't know that to be true, but I'm trying to put things together and it seems plausible.

I will say that Chadwell is gone somewhere. USF or Liberty, but it seems there is more Liberty smoke. What are the odds he's not our head coach come tomorrow?
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]