Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 5:40 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 1st, 2022, 5:31 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 1st, 2022, 4:51 pm If the "source" isn't Jamey Caldwell or Ian then I'm not trusting the "source" untill an announcement is made. Liberty isn't going to leak anything about a head coach hire until after Saturday. They don't want to do someone dirty like we got done dirty

Are you sure? We are talking about Coastal :lol:
Beat Coastal. We win on and off the field :D
Some had us projected to play Coastal in a Bowl :wink: If it's Jamie, that would be interesting.
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Football Scoop wrote:Sources: Liberty dials in search on Coastal's Jamey Chadwell
Chadwell has led Coastal Carolina to record-breaking success, including 31 wins since 2020

JOHN BRICE

Knowing that it had done well to hang on to Hugh Freeze for as long as it had and seeing a week ago the increasing likelihood that Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin would remain atop the Rebels’ program, Liberty University leadership already had begun the process of being prepared to find a new head football coach.
Click Here for Full Story
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Supposedly schools backed off on Chadwell because he wants to bring his whole entire staff. If it’s true that he’s our new coach, I pray he keeps Aldridge as our DC. The players are behind him and he’s the one that will keep the recruits together. Add that his defense has been ranked in the 25. Staggs is a terrible DC and his defense is trash.
Liberty22, LUOrange, Baybird liked this
I found this stat interesting & one that I really like:

In the month of November since 2020:

Chadwell is 9-2
Freeze is 4-7

Add to this that:

Chadwell is 31-5 the last 3 years
Freeze is 26-10 the last 3 years

Will Chadwell convince Grayson McCall to come with him for his senior year to play at LU?
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Supposedly schools backed off on Chadwell because he wants to bring his whole entire staff. If it’s true that he’s our new coach, I pray he keeps Aldridge as our DC. The players are behind him and he’s the one that will keep the recruits together. Add that his defense has been ranked in the 25. Staggs is a terrible DC and his defense is trash.
I really hope that is not accurate. As fun as it would be to leave CCU totally high/dry on the coaching side. I like a lot of our guys - especially on the Defensive side. Several players have tweeted their support of Aldridge today.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:48 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 5:57 pm There's a dark horse candidate from SEC country that very little if anything as been mentioned about. (former head coach)
Bob Stoops?
No, but after review, I think the one I have in mind, will end up on Auburn staff.
By Tnobes
I'm for chadwell because he would still have something to prove that he can keep it going and maybe want a P5 in the future. I'm also for Chizik because he's done it (Natty) with Mack brown, a proven winner, he's done it on his own at Auburn and his time as a talking head on the SEC network means he has a huge network of guys that would work for him and has national name recognition . Only question would be his energy and desire to win since he doesn't have much to prove. But I think any coach worth anything wants to win
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:38 pm
ballah09 wrote:Supposedly schools backed off on Chadwell because he wants to bring his whole entire staff. If it’s true that he’s our new coach, I pray he keeps Aldridge as our DC. The players are behind him and he’s the one that will keep the recruits together. Add that his defense has been ranked in the 25. Staggs is a terrible DC and his defense is trash.
I really hope that is not accurate. As fun as it would be to leave CCU totally high/dry on the coaching side. I like a lot of our guys - especially on the Defensive side. Several players have tweeted their support of Aldridge today.

I just want Aldridge to stay and keep Staggs away but I’m afraid he’s going to let him go since Staggs has been with him since Delta State. Hell a lot of our Defensive coaches should stay. I don’t want Chadwell for this reason, if the firing of everyone to bring his crew in rumor is true.

And no to Chizik. Have you seen UNC defense this year? Absolutely brutal. He rode Newton for his national title. Once he graduated he got exposed.
By Tnobes
Sly Fox wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:41 pm Hook ‘Em

In both championships he rode a freak QB to a title.
Most national championship coaches do, you don't win a national championship without an outstanding QB (for the most part) he would have guys who could handle the X's and O's also. He knows how championship programs are run.
By LUOrange
jack_sparrow81 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:17 pm Image

They are really trying to throw us off and go stealth. They are transporting him in a Medevac :lol:
Let's hope so. I wouldn't wish Centra Health on anyone, much less fly them in from Charleston to LGH.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:37 pm If it wasn't for Centra Health, I probably wouldn't be here. I had a medical emergency about 18 months ago. Centra was excellent.
Speaking of Centra, LU is working to establish a contract with them which would be huge for the medical school. Okay back to the potential candidates talk :lol:
By Tnobes
Bringing the whole coastal staff and not keeping Aldridge is not very attractive to me. It's pretty rare for a coach to bring every single staff member with him so I don't know if I put much faith in that rumor, especially since the entire thing is nothing but rumor as of now. I don't think we know anything about anything until Saturday evening
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]