Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:08 pm
JK37 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 8:50 pm I don’t understand not liking the way Freeze left the place, then seeking out an SEC retread.

Give me an up-and-comer who sees LU as a once in a lifetime opportunity they better not screw up, so they give it everything. And even when they move on, we tip our cap.

Or give me JMU’s guy, because….F it!
It is pretty simple. He preached "finishing strong" and clearly didn't practice what he preached. That is it for me. I don't fault him for leaving one bit. Very few do.
It’s not clear.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 9:35 pm JMU coach went home after beating CCU and had some drinks of Volka & tonic water, according to Roanoke newspaper.

Next coach will be a former P5 Head Coach.
Wtf is Volka?

Seriously, just tell me what you e been slurping or snorting all these years, and I’ll stop.
By Tnobes
It will be fun to hear names that are actually possibilities once names start getting leaked, it should be an interesting few days or weeks
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
My .02 being unbiased. Give Aldridge a shot. I don't see Chadwell or the drunk up at JMU going to LU, too lateral of a move. In house hire, keep the stability Freeze built for y'all.

And stay away from Tre Lamb. :D To say I'm giddy right now would be an understatement, dominated EKU in our first FCS playoff game in history and playing up in your neck of the woods again Saturday against Bill and Mary. Have reeled of five straight wins now since making y'all change your drawers back on October 15.
Sly Fox, flamehunter, SumItUp and 1 others liked this
By TLocke88
Why are people not mentioning Mike Minter? I think he's done a good job at a hard place to win. He's recruiting at a high level. He played in the NFL. Out of the other options mentioned above, I like Jeff Grimes. I feel like Hugh won't take much of this staff with him. He seemed to be hiring guys who would see Liberty as a "move up". Aldridge might stick around on defense. Maybe Austin can be convinced to stick around.
LU 57, CCWMichael liked this
By TLocke88
Also, I know there is alot of love for Streeter here on these boards. I'm in NC, and have watched alot of Clemson this year. His offense looks pretty bad. It's always covered up by talent at Clemson. I'll lay some blame at the feet of DJU and Dabo, but Streeter has not impressed me much. I'd love to be proved wrong though, I am willing to bet he's a great guy since Dabo hired him.
Liberty22, Ill flame liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Our new Coach will be one who has P5 Head Coach experience. I will laugh at some of the potential hires that will be posted on board, as I did when Gill left.

(if I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit it)
aj7 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:47 pm Our new Coach will be one who has P5 Head Coach experience. I will laugh at some of the potential hires that will be posted on board, as I did when Gill left.

(if I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit it)
Right now your guess is as good as anyone’s
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
So according to your take here BC, that narrows it down considerably: Herman, Patterson, Chizik, Frost.. who else? Who fits the mission? Who could we afford without overspending like we did with Freeze? Who can work the portal magic? Of that group mentioned only Frost or Patterson sounds at least interesting.

Only one I can think that'd fit from current P5 school is Clawson from WF, but he seems entrenched.
By TLocke88
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:52 pm So according to your take here BC, that narrows it down considerably: Herman, Patterson, Chizik, Frost.. who else? Who fits the mission? Who could we afford without overspending like we did with Freeze? Who can work the portal magic? Of that group mentioned only Frost or Patterson sounds at least interesting.

Only one I can think that'd fit from current P5 school is Clawson from WF, but he seems entrenched.
I think Frost might be interested in being the next coach to be rehabbed at Liberty. I don't think he's on the same level as Hugh at all. He walked into a great situation at UCF, and to his credit didn't sink the ship. The rumors about his tenure at Nebraska are troubling, but they haven't been substantiated to my knowledge.
By TLocke88
SumItUp wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:59 pm Barry Odom would be a good fit at LU and has P5 head coaching experience.
Now that is a name I could get behind! He's been outstanding at Arkansas. Maybe he could convince Aldridge to stick around and be mentored by one of the best defensive minds in CFB.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp - Odom has been added.

Haize - Cadillac is still on the street if her were to get a shot at FBS head coaching gig.

TLocke88 - Minter has been added but keep in mind that his resume doesn't scream promotion of this substantial size. He's been middle of the pack in the Big South for years.
By TLocke88
Sly Fox wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:07 pm SumItUp - Odom has been added.

Haize - Cadillac is still on the street if her were to get a shot at FBS head coaching gig.

TLocke88 - Minter has been added but keep in mind that his resume doesn't scream promotion of this substantial size. He's been middle of the pack in the Big South for years.

The Locked On Auburn guys said they heard from sources close to Caddy that he didn't want the Head Coach job. I wonder if that's exclusively the Auburn job? I wouldn't want that to be my first shot at being a Head Coach either. I don't think he would consider leaving Auburn at this moment either. He can set under Hugh for a while and learn how to do it right.
By TLocke88
Sly Fox wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:07 pm SumItUp - Odom has been added.

Also you are correct regarding Minter. His record is rough. But his recruiting over the past year has been incredible.
I love that Ian revealed there were power 5 coaches who have already contacted him about the opening. He also mentioned being respectful toward the teams playing this weekend. Which makes you wonder, who is he referring to? 3 of the people on Manson's list are coaching this weekend: Chadwell, Chizik & Streeter. Who else could Ian be looking into? 8)
TLocke88, CCWMichael liked this
By LUDad
Sly Fox wrote: November 29th, 2022, 2:20 pm LUDad - I added him. But he is supposedly about to be announced as the new man in Tulsa where he played in college.
Ouch, to me, he resembles an on mission Shane Beamer.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]