Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
People can change overnight. Example: In 2021, I absolutely despised JMU softball, until the Super Regionals at Missouri. At the World Series, no one in Oklahoma City was pulling for JMU more than me.
By LUalum12
Registration Days Posts
Not a single person on this forum is going to agree on every candidate, especially when it comes to the currect HC of our most disliked arch nemesis. Sure, people said some stuff about Chadwell but we have two choices if he is the coach. Support him or complain about him. Have we not all said things we regret or wished we could take back? Are we all not entitled to change our minds about someone or something? We need to move forward and support whoever the coach is.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUalum12 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:21 pm Not a single person on this forum is going to agree on every candidate, especially when it comes to the currect HC of our most disliked arch nemesis. Sure, people said some stuff about Chadwell but we have two choices if he is the coach. Support him or complain about him. Have we not all said things we regret or wished we could take back? Are we all not entitled to change our minds about someone or something? We need to move forward and support whoever the coach is.
I agree 100%. Some would complain if we hired Saban or Swinney. I thought we'd hire a P5 coach, but if it's Chadwell, I will support him 100%. The dude can coach🏈
LUalum12, Wvflame2013 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:38 am Coaches talk just like Freeze saying he had no offer from Auburn on Saturday against NMSU when in fact he had an offer for a couple weeks. Chadwell is our coach, I just hope Ian makes him keep a couple coaches around. Need Dom, Aldridge, Austin and Harris around. I’ve seen players on twitter advocating for both Harris and Aldridge to be coach.
I think Dom will be gone to Auburn. He may have rode with Freeze down there.
By Tnobes
You are supposed to hate your rivals and hate your own players and coaches when they leave for other teams, especially rivals. Brett favre went to the Vikings for crying out loud, both fanbases had the correct response in that situation
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUalum12 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:21 pm Not a single person on this forum is going to agree on every candidate, especially when it comes to the currect HC of our most disliked arch nemesis. Sure, people said some stuff about Chadwell but we have two choices if he is the coach. Support him or complain about him. Have we not all said things we regret or wished we could take back? Are we all not entitled to change our minds about someone or something? We need to move forward and support whoever the coach is.
I’m just pointing out past behavior. Own it and move on. I’m ambivalent one way or the other. I just want my seats back for Football
By LUDad
I am really looking forward to what Chadwell can bring to the table. He can certainly elevate the QB's and the offense. But more importantly, he doesn't have the baggage that HF had that could make a difference as LU looks for future opportunities down the road to go to the P5 level.
TH Spangler liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:59 am I seem to remember lots of folks on this thread hating on Chadwell during his CSU and current CCU days. Now y’all think he’s the next Apostle Interesting genuflection
I see a lot of talk about what he can do with Salter. Is JB transferring? Is Salter all of a sudden going to find the film room?
Granted I’m the Potentate but these seem like obvious questions
It blows my mind how quickly people have changed their tune on Chadwell. It shouldn't but it does.
How many times do I have to talk about cognitive dissonance on here?

The fun part for us psychology nerds is getting to watch the process play out in real time. You could write a paper on it.
thepostman liked this
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:08 pm
I’m just pointing out past behavior. Own it and move on. I’m ambivalent one way or the other. I just want my seats back for Football
Check with BC! He has sources and maybe some pull. If you're really nice to him....he might do you a solid!
By Redbonebandit
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:19 pm Nothing but respect for him here. Every since he was beating us with so so Charleston Southern teams years ago. Thought maybe it was a fluke at the time. Then he proved other wise when he went to Coastal. If we get him, we have upgraded.
Not only is he a great coach what a power move to steal a rivals coach to come to a "weaker conference" I love it
By Wvflame2013
I don't like the if he(Chadwell or any other that is hired) must keep this coach or that coach talk. He's the head coach and it's his job to hire or fire. Hire the people one trusts and deal with the results. I get players like certain coaches but living on emotion can cause issues. Wvu players wanted Bill Stewart after Rodriguez left and that went great :roll: .
LUalum12, JK37 liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:50 pm Sunday's newser needs to happen regardless of whomever is hired. I suspect Ian has several negotiations ongoing to cover his bases.
Which would mean that multiple coaches have been negotiating terms without a guarantee of a contract. Should all of those coaches be talking to their current players about the negotiations or only Jamey Chadwell since it's been leaked?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:39 am
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:48 am
ballah09 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:38 am Coaches talk just like Freeze saying he had no offer from Auburn on Saturday against NMSU when in fact he had an offer for a couple weeks. Chadwell is our coach, I just hope Ian makes him keep a couple coaches around. Need Dom, Aldridge, Austin and Harris around. I’ve seen players on twitter advocating for both Harris and Aldridge to be coach.
HF didn’t have an offer until 11/28.
Semantics. He knew he was going to get an offer
Kiffin reneged and re-signed on 11/24. OP @ballah09 said “weeks”.

HF wasn’t #1 until 11/25, and tried to keep it secret until after NMST. JS screwed LU and got HF the gig.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:50 pm I have already blocked off time to attend press conference Sunday, and vacation time on Monday, if needed.
So you think this is a done deal.
I'll be at press conference, regardless of who new coach is. Nothing is official until it's official.
By Wvflame2013
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:05 pm Though once conspiracy theory I have is that JS and LK knew all along he was staying, and JS masterminded the whole thing to get both LK and HF what they wanted.
Capitalism at its finest. Don't forget JS share as well. :D
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 3:05 pm Though once conspiracy theory I have is that JS and LK knew all along he was staying, and JS masterminded the whole thing to get both LK and HF what they wanted.
It’s not a conspiracy theory if it’s true

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]