Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By AATL
If true, I'd have to think it's pretty close to done. If they're truly waiting on Chadwell to decide and he says no after the SBC champ game, you're left with like 36 hours before the portal opens. Seems like what ADIM expressly wanted to avoid.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:46 pm Bringing the whole coastal staff and not keeping Aldridge is not very attractive to me. It's pretty rare for a coach to bring every single staff member with him so I don't know if I put much faith in that rumor, especially since the entire thing is nothing but rumor as of now. I don't think we know anything about anything until Saturday evening
It’s the reason he didn’t get the Georgia Tech Job.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:37 pm If it wasn't for Centra Health, I probably wouldn't be here. I had a medical emergency about 18 months ago. Centra was excellent.
Speaking of Centra, LU is working to establish a contract with them which would be huge for the medical school. Okay back to the potential candidates talk :lol:
Options are sorta slim around here. UVA would be out. Carillon has Tech. Centra is the only show in town.
By Tnobes
If reports are saying chadwell is waiting until after the conference championship to make his decision to take the job or not..... Is it more likely he takes the Liberty job if coastal WINS or if coastal LOSSES?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Coaches talk just like Freeze saying he had no offer from Auburn on Saturday against NMSU when in fact he had an offer for a couple weeks. Chadwell is our coach, I just hope Ian makes him keep a couple coaches around. Need Dom, Aldridge, Austin and Harris around. I’ve seen players on twitter advocating for both Harris and Aldridge to be coach.
Liberty22, aj7 liked this
By Tnobes
ballah09 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:38 am Coaches talk just like Freeze saying he had no offer from Auburn on Saturday against NMSU when in fact he had an offer for a couple weeks. Chadwell is our coach, I just hope Ian makes him keep a couple coaches around. Need Dom, Aldridge, Austin and Harris around. I’ve seen players on twitter advocating for both Harris and Aldridge to be coach.
Harris and Austin are already reported gone to Auburn and dom is rumoured to be gone. Aldridge hopefully stays
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:38 am Coaches talk just like Freeze saying he had no offer from Auburn on Saturday against NMSU when in fact he had an offer for a couple weeks. Chadwell is our coach, I just hope Ian makes him keep a couple coaches around. Need Dom, Aldridge, Austin and Harris around. I’ve seen players on twitter advocating for both Harris and Aldridge to be coach.
HF didn’t have an offer until 11/28.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
So if Chadwell brings his entire staff with him (assuming he's the guy), does that mean they are all good cultural fits for Liberty? Or does that only matter for the head coach?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:42 am So if Chadwell brings his entire staff with him (assuming he's the guy), does that mean they are all good cultural fits for Liberty? Or does that only matter for the head coach?
I would think all. What I find interesting is how many NCAA coaches are Christian. Most are on their administrations short leash and can't be open. All these articles about how hard it is for Liberty to find coaches and players seems like nonsense.
By Ill flame
flamehunter wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:42 am So if Chadwell brings his entire staff with him (assuming he's the guy), does that mean they are all good cultural fits for Liberty? Or does that only matter for the head coach?
Even if he wanted to bring his whole staff I'm sure some will take opportunities elsewhere for this reason among others. With as strong of a Christian he is i assume the majority (but not all) of his staff are similar.
flamehunter liked this
By Tnobes
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:48 am
:BS That's called plausible deniability, the offer was sitting on a table with a pen next to it
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:48 am
Semantics. He knew he was going to get an offer
Tnobes liked this
By AATL
Ill flame wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:54 am Even if he wanted to bring his whole staff I'm sure some will take opportunities elsewhere for this reason among others. With as strong of a Christian he is i assume the majority (but not all) of his staff are similar.
Willy Korn, for instance, is probably a serious candidate to take over as HC at CCU.

I'd expect a fair number of new faces if this deal goes through as is customary with coaching changes. However, I'd be very surprised if that means we're gutting the entire football ops staff. Chadwell's loyalty is a very respectable trait (and, I daresay, one that should be more present in CFB), but at some he'll probably hit a barrier where the P5s tell him it's just not feasible to bring everyone. I would not be shocked to see Staggs and some others come along -- but hopefully as coaches on Aldridge's defensive staff.
By aj7
If Chadwell ink comes to paper I'd argue this our biggest hire ever. Gill and Freeze were jobless without many prospects. Chadwell will turn down staying in a conference perceived to be better as well as the top G5 conference in the AAC. Huge flex.
Tnobes, TH Spangler, Ill flame and 1 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I seem to remember lots of folks on this thread hating on Chadwell during his CSU and current CCU days. Now y’all think he’s the next Apostle Interesting genuflection
I see a lot of talk about what he can do with Salter. Is JB transferring? Is Salter all of a sudden going to find the film room?
Granted I’m the Potentate but these seem like obvious questions
Last edited by Purple Haize on December 2nd, 2022, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tnobes
If JB is starting next year a few things went wrong in the off-season. Salter is the next level quarterback, he just needs to hit the weight room and get rid of the fumbleitis

I'm high on JB as a person, he is also a reliable QB in a pinch and he guided maybe the 2 biggest wins in program history and nobody will ever take that away, he will forever be remembered because of those victories as well as his character. But salter is clearly rated higher in stars for what that is worth, signed with Tennessee for what that is worth. He is the QB that is needed if we want new years 6 bowl. If it just doesn't click, or he continues to fumble, etc. We roll with JB and he can be steady. But he's not first choice and that isn't a knock on him, his ceiling isn't as high
Last edited by Tnobes on December 2nd, 2022, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty22 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:59 am I seem to remember lots of folks on this thread hating on Chadwell during his CSU and current CCU days. Now y’all think he’s the next Apostle Interesting genuflection
I see a lot of talk about what he can do with Salter. Is JB transferring? Is Salter all of a sudden going to find the film room?
Granted I’m the Potentate but these seem like obvious questions
It blows my mind how quickly people have changed their tune on Chadwell. It shouldn't but it does.
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]