Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Some may view this as distasteful and I get it. But, there seems to be a lot of advising on the board concerning who the new coach should be. Therefore, let us bring the discussion to its own thread. Furthermore, it seems inevitable that Freeze is gone.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My instant thought is Kendal Briles There’s a history there with the AD. He’s got a lot of other boxes checked. I’m going with a No on Chadwell.

I’ll put more thought into it later
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
No to Kendal Briles. Over rated and not a good fit considering the scandal the school is going through.

My list
Cignetti
Chadwell
Lebby
Grimes
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:56 pm No to Kendal Briles. Over rated and not a good fit considering the scandal the school is going through.

My list
Cignetti
Chadwell
Lebby
Grimes
No worse than our current AD went through. Or former FB coach
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:56 pm No to Kendal Briles. Over rated and not a good fit considering the scandal the school is going through.

My list
Cignetti
Chadwell
Lebby
Grimes
You have to look at Cignetti.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully we have someone who asks Ian questions about what boxes he’s looking to check in the next LU FB coach.
By Husker-In-Dixie
Out of Box / Moderate Risk with Upside

Trent Dilfer

Head Coach at Lipscomb Academy (coaches LU QB Commit Hank Brown and daughter plays VB at Liberty). Really solid guy with great connections to assemble a staff.
By aj7
I like Jeff Grimes. Has done a solid job as OC at Baylor and BYU - two schools that we aspire to compete with. He’s used to coaching at well resourced schools which I think is important.
ALAFlamesFan liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Husker-In-Dixie wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:07 pm Out of Box / Moderate Risk with Upside

Trent Dilfer

Head Coach at Lipscomb Academy (coaches LU QB Commit Hank Brown and daughter plays VB at Liberty). Really solid guy with great connections to assemble a staff.
It you go that route just look across the parking lot at Frank Rocco
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I really think this coaching search will be interesting & exciting to follow.

Some thoughts: I really like the fact of poaching either JMU or Coastal's coach. A nice reminder to them that their resources are nothing compared to ours as well as we do offer more as a program.

One coach from our staff I'd like to see us consider is Josh Aldridge. Another coach I'd like to see Ian consider is Frank Reich.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 9:59 pm We should wait until there's an opening for a head coach at Liberty, before starting this thread.
It’s open
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I heard on the Aseaofred twitter recording that just ended that there is a press conference scheduled for 1pm tomorrow. It doesn't get more official than that.
By rtb72
Purple Haize wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 9:59 pm We should wait until there's an opening for a head coach at Liberty, before starting this thread.
It’s open
Even if he didn't get it (not gonna happen), based on what I've seen and heard....he wouldn't have the team behind him. May as well go.
By Tnobes
Husker-In-Dixie wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:07 pm Out of Box / Moderate Risk with Upside

Trent Dilfer

Hope he is a better coach than he was a player, he was a terrible NFL quarterback
By Husker-In-Dixie
Seriously?

So terrible, he played 14 years in the NFL and won a Super Bowl. Runs Elite 11 QB Camp. Lipscomb won 1 game the year before he got there, won a state Championship last year and will no doubt win another this year. They are currently ranked #14 in the USA Today National Rankings. So yeah - seems the guy can build a program and has the connections and the clout to build a staff and draw elite recruits.
By Tnobes
Husker-In-Dixie wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:49 am Seriously?

So terrible, he played 14 years in the NFL and won a Super Bowl. Runs Elite 11 QB Camp. Lipscomb won 1 game the year before he got there, won a state Championship last year and will no doubt win another this year. They are currently ranked #14 in the USA Today National Rankings. So yeah - seems the guy can build a program and has the connections and the clout to build a staff and draw elite recruits.
What I meant to say is Trent Dilfer is the Tom Brady of Joe Montana's, he made Ray Lewis, the Baltimore defense had zero to do with success, Trent Dilfer is Jesus. I will never bad mouth the greatest quarterback in the history of the game ever again, I kiss the ground Trent Dilfer walks on. He is also super attractive and not at all stupid looking
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:54 am
Husker-In-Dixie wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:49 am Seriously?

What I meant to say is Trent Dilfer is the Tom Brady of Joe Montana's, he made Ray Lewis, the Baltimore defense had zero to do with success, Trent Dilfer is Jesus. I will never bad mouth the greatest quarterback in the history of the game ever again, I kiss the ground Trent Dilfer walks on. He is also super attractive and not at all stupid looking
Lord have mercy, you are insufferable sometimes.

There is a middle ground here. And even if he WAS a terrible QB (which is untrue), he’s obviously found success as a college coach.

I’m not sure this job is open. But stealing JMU’s guy sounds sweet to me. :twisted:
Purple Haize, prototype liked this
This year's men’s basketball?

I have no interest in a 6' 8 guard or a 7' forward[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.