Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUOrange
Jim Haarbaugh wasn't the best pro QB either. Sometimes crappy players make great coaches and excellent players make horrible coaches. Another obvious point is that sometimes success at one level doesn't equate to success at another.

I'm not sure who's really available that would fit our Mission. I'll trust McCaw's decision. However, I don't want Art or Kendall Briles or any other Coach with any type of questionable sexual or domestic behavior in his background. After Jr., McCaw, Freeze and those lawsuits, we don't need another reason to encourage our detractors. Kendall's probably fine, but his last name won't help us.
Liberty22, Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:03 am Jim Haarbaugh wasn't the best pro QB either. Sometimes crappy players make great coaches and excellent players make horrible coaches. Another obvious point is that sometimes success at one level doesn't equate to success at another.

I'm not sure who's really available that would fit our Mission. I'll trust McCaw's decision. However, I don't want Art or Kendall Briles or any other Coach with any type of questionable sexual or domestic behavior in his background. After Jr., McCaw, Freeze and those lawsuits, we don't need another reason to encourage our detractors. Kendall's probably fine, but his last name won't help us.
Usually the better the player the worse the coach
ballcoach15, LUOrange, stokesjokes and 1 others liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Kinda feel like we're all trapped in a strange dream where we're all forced to attend a live professional wrestling event with Auburn fans....sitting and waiting in suspense to see if and when Nature-Boy Ric Flair appears....and when he finally does....it's to a confusing mixture of boos and cheers
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:15 pm Kinda feel like we're all trapped in a strange dream where we're all forced to attend a live professional wrestling event with Auburn fans....sitting and waiting in suspense to see if and when Nature-Boy Ric Flair appears....and when he finally does....it's to a confusing mixture of boos and cheers
That’s a beautiful reference!

To be the Man you gotta beat Thr Man Whoooo!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:19 pm I am not 100% convinced Coach Freeze is leaving yet. I won’t be until there’s an official announcement by someone
But you said your sources said he’s staying. Are you doubting your sources?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:19 pm I am not 100% convinced Coach Freeze is leaving yet. I won’t be until there’s an official announcement by someone
But you said your sources said he’s staying. Are you doubting your sources?
I think his source is a coin toss.
Purple Haize, Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:57 pm Idk, Deion seems to be pretty good
Thus the word ‘Usually’. He’s by far the exception. And right now he’s proven a great hype man and recruiter. Let’s see how he does as time goes by. I do hope he’s super successful!
Liberty22 liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:23 am
LUOrange wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:03 am Jim Haarbaugh wasn't the best pro QB either. Sometimes crappy players make great coaches and excellent players make horrible coaches. Another obvious point is that sometimes success at one level doesn't equate to success at another.

There's a theory in organizational psychology that says the best doers are often poor teachers. They struggle to teach others that which comes easily to them. Backup players who lack the natural ability or innate talent have to work harder to master their positions, and they apply the learning process they went through to others.
By LUAlum1215
rmiller1959 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 2:17 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:23 am

There's a theory in organizational psychology that says the best doers are often poor teachers. They struggle to teach others that which comes easily to them. Backup players who lack the natural ability or innate talent have to work harder to master their positions, and they apply the learning process they went through to others.
Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.
By aj7
Throwing this out there since I saw Gary Patterson mentioned as a possible candidate. Obviously a huge name that would keep Liberty in the spotlight. I've had the chance to work alongside a former player from TCU though and heard some stories that make me less than thrilled about his fit within the Liberty mission. Essentially belittling a player who was an outspoken Christian.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
Whoever our next coach is I'm sure he'll be announced by next week, probably by the end of this week. Either way I'm excited to see who Ian settles on. With our resources and trajectory it seems like there's no shortage of good options.
By LUDad
Not sure how he would work out as a HC but really impressed with CW as a man of God and developer and inspiration for young men.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]