Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

This has been the strangest season I have ever followed closely. The inability to scheme with the talent we do have on offense is strange. Poor QB play in weeks 1-3 is understandable. 4 play packages for 3 different QBs in week 13 is all on coaching. Hugh Freeze is a great coach but he has been awful the past 3 weeks. Just no identity or concept of game management. Can anyone remember a great play call on a key 3rd or 4th down in a month???
Purple Haize wrote: November 26th, 2022, 3:34 pm My opinion of the HF era has really changed today
I stuck up for Freeze way more than I probably should have over the years. I don't fault the man for taking a better job but the way he did and mailed in the rest of the season is really sad to see.

I have kind of slowly checked out on all things LU in recent months as it is clear LU isn't interested in real leadership but this is still sad to see unfold. Especially for the kids.
The way he left liberty is super low class and I said that for weeks, which is too bad because he was loved here. Search Hugh Freeze on Twitter and Auburn fans DO NOT WANT him to be their coach, they are ticked at the potential hire saying he is a sleazy less talented version of Gus Mahlzan. So he is disappointing 2 fan bases, and for what? 1 or 2 million dollars per year? Very sad turn of events. I'd say to him don't let the door hit you on your way out, sad to see his love for liberty was fake
Whether he goes or not, the offer apparently has not been made yet. If Auburn were to somehow upset Bama (they are up early right now) then it will be difficult for the university to not remove the interim out of Cadillac Williams' title.

It certainly looks bleak, but this is not over yet but all indications from Coach Freeze and the Auburn folks.
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 5:07 pm Whether he goes or not, the offer apparently has not been made yet. If Auburn were to somehow upset Bama (they are up early right now) then it will be difficult for the university to not remove the interim out of Cadillac Williams' title.

It certainly looks bleak, but this is not over yet but all indications from Coach Freeze and the Auburn folks.
Auburn still has a lot of fans and boosters who want Williams hired. If he beats Bama and they still hire Freeze…l.it could be ugly early. As it is he’s not walking in to much of a honeymoon period
Tnobes liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 5:20 pm I’ve been watching football for 60 years. Today was the worst prepared I’ve ever seen a team take the field. Both offense and defense.
Which shows that watching doesn’t lead to understanding. It wasn’t a matter of preparation. It was a matter of desire and execution. Outside of maybe 6 there was not much of either on the staff or players
thesportscritic liked this
I’m surprised no one asked him why Brewer started over JB. Or why he abandoned his one QB promise. Or why was JB the 3rd QB after Salter? What had JB done wrong?
But….nope. Even on the way out folks refuse to question him
Purple Haize wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:38 pm I’m surprised no one asked him why Brewer started over JB. Or why he abandoned his one QB promise. Or why was JB the 3rd QB after Salter? What had JB done wrong?
YOU PLAYED MORE THAN 1 QB?
“I was hopeful that Charlie would light it up. All three had good practice times and felt like we could move the ball with all three and I thought we did at times. All three had turnovers also and took some sacks when we should have thrown it away. Things we should have coached better.”
SOURCE

He mentioned it at least but he should've been pressed a bit more but I think most in the room had Auburn on the mind. Including Hugh.
thepostman wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:42 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:38 pm I’m surprised no one asked him why Brewer started over JB. Or why he abandoned his one QB promise. Or why was JB the 3rd QB after Salter? What had JB done wrong?
YOU PLAYED MORE THAN 1 QB?
“I was hopeful that Charlie would light it up. All three had good practice times and felt like we could move the ball with all three and I thought we did at times. All three had turnovers also and took some sacks when we should have thrown it away. Things we should have coached better.”
SOURCE

He mentioned it at least but he should've been pressed a bit more but I think most in the room had Auburn on the mind. Including Hugh.
Yeah I listened to the entire press conference before I posted. He didn’t address it
He had a SEASON worth of evidence to make a decision but he goes with ‘hope’? Based on a few days in practice? So in his mind what those two did in practice it negates not just what he said he’d do this game but EVERYTHING your starting QB did the entire year. No wonder the team had no energy.
It speaks to what type of culture he actually built
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:22 pm Pregame, he said it was because Charlie was a senior.
Such a :BS statement. A Senior who hasn’t been on campus 12 months. Played like 10 snaps. Has a chance to get a Medical Redshirt And the Coach promised to only go with one QB. Then post game says ‘I was hoping he could light it up’.

Yeah. Total :BS
Charlie is smart enough to know the medical redshirt was a long shot at best. He knew this was his final season. Maybe HF made a deal with him.

I don’t like the way this played out for JB at all. And if HF is gone, I bet Salter is, too. So JB might be the starter in a year.
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:20 pm
I don’t like the way this played out for JB at all. And if HF is gone, I bet Salter is, too. So JB might be the starter in a year.
God invented the portal for a reason. It's not super difficult to plug and play with a transfer QB nowadays. If brewer doesn't get hurt this is a much better offense.
Chippy, JK37 liked this
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:20 pm Charlie is smart enough to know the medical redshirt was a long shot at best. He knew this was his final season. Maybe HF made a deal with him.

No one is happier Freeze is gone thanJB. He was embarrassed and totally disrespected by Freeze today
stokesjokes liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]