Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Baybird wrote: November 25th, 2022, 8:47 am
Purple Haize wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:44 am Lowest attended game of the year
may be the lowest attended, but not the lowest attendance..we have 6 tickets and only 4 going plus we got two extra tickets to be part of holding the flag with 118 others during the halftime Military Appreciation tribute. So that's 8 seats sold with four attending. With that kind of accounting plus other tickets "sold" to other groups, Flames Club, FKC, Parents, etc. we might reach 15000 in attendance. :dontgetit
See? You know how the game works! Thank you for pointing out my error.

This will be the lowest attended game of the year. The smallest 18000 person crowd you’ve ever seen :D
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
This would seem to be the perfect scenario to see if Brewer can give this team a much needed boost. Assuming he's fully healthy, I'd be surprised if Hugh isn't going in this direction.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:01 pm This would seem to be the perfect scenario to see if Brewer can give this team a much needed boost. Assuming he's fully healthy, I'd be surprised if Hugh isn't going in this direction.
Why? How does playing him help the team in any way? He’s not coming back next year so it won’t be to see what he can do in the future. You’ve got JB who has led the team admirably this year. He’s done nothing to warrant a benching. You have Salter who is bouncing back from injury and will be back (theoretically) So you’d want to see if he can be consistent. You have Hampton who will be back (theoretically) and you’d probably want to see if he’s capable of doing anything other than running plays off tackle. All of those provide better options short and long term for you than playing Brewer
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Doesn't have to mean anything negative on JB. Solid back-up. But you have to calculate your risk moving forward. Teams can get hot w/back-up QB (Nick Foles). But our hot run w/JB may be over, especially w/o Dae Dae. Don't know much about Brewer and what he brings. And have no idea this guy is healthy enough. All I know is that this team needs to finish strong. Next year gets decided next year. Whole different ballgame. At least three guys vying for that starting QB nod. Not concerned about that now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:44 pm Doesn't have to mean anything negative on JB. Solid back-up. But you have to calculate your risk moving forward. Teams can get hot w/back-up QB (Nick Foles). But our hot run w/JB may be over, especially w/o Dae Dae. Don't know much about Brewer and what he brings. And have no idea this guy is healthy enough. All I know is that this team needs to finish strong. Next year gets decided next year. Whole different ballgame. At least three guys vying for that starting QB nod. Not concerned about that now.
At this point who cares what Brewer brings? He’s not going to help LU in the future and LU should certainly be able to beat NMSU with JB at the helm. If they can’t you know that Salter has the *potential* to create something. And if you want to go with a wild card you might as well take Hampton over Brewer. If this was game 3-4 of the season? Sure. Now? Why? LU has a Bowl locked up. They should win on Saturday. There’s no upside to playing him
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Again, don't know what he brings. And not sure if he's healthy enough to be what he needs to be. But yeah, you do whatever you need to do to win. And next year will take care of itself.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:56 pm And if you want to go with a wild card you might as well take Hampton over Brewer.
I don't say this enough, but sometimes I really like how you think! :fineprint :fbplayer Study
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 25th, 2022, 1:30 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:56 pm And if you want to go with a wild card you might as well take Hampton over Brewer.
I don't say this enough, but sometimes I really like how you think! :fineprint :fbplayer Study
Probably because I’m more of a Cereal Bowler than a Quiz Bowler
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2022, 2:08 pm Is Hampton even projected as ready to step-up up this year?
Dunno. But if I’m gonna give someone reps I’d give them to Nate before Brewer. Not sure how many would be left after JB and Salter but whatever there were I’d give to Hampton
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Should be interesting. Especially w/Hugh's one-guy game plan this week. Freeze mentioned 3 options: JB/KS/CB. But hasn't revealed his hand yet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Where is prediction thread ?

Coach Freeze should wait until we lineup for our first play from scrimmage, before revealing starter. Keep NMSU in suspense.
By Tnobes
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 5:32 pm I am basing this off of the team meeting he had Tuesday and where he told the team he was staying. This is per reports coming out of Ole Miss.
Lane Kiffins word means absolutely zilch, he could tell them he is 100% staying and be on a plane 20 minutes later out the door, the guy has proven himself to be a total scumbag
JK37, Ill flame liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It would be nearly impossible for the speculation to not be a distraction for the guys today. The timing of Thamel is awful from our end.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 11:31 am It would be nearly impossible for the speculation to not be a distraction for the guys today. The timing of Thamel is awful from our end.
Hugh has consistently said his boss and his team would be the first to know. I am sure he told his team weeks ago he was interested if true, Correct? :twisted:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If he did tell them (the team) then I'd be surprised that it didn't leak earlier. It sure would explain the lack of focus by all parties involved.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]